Can we get an acknowledgment of the crummy rewards for most of POF?

I really enjoy the open world content, but it can be downright disappointing completing meta chains and not seeing a single rare. To be fair, the Unidentified Greens do have a high chance of dropping rares, but I really hope you're considering making the metas and bounties slightly more enticing. As of now, they're going to be very difficult to complete in a few weeks when people start finishing their collections and realize how poorly rewarding they are.

I want to reiterate that I think this is very good content, it's just a shame that it hardly feels worth doing. I understand not wanting to undermine other farms in the game, and I think that's a worthwhile goal, but I do think a lot of these bounties and some of the metas are legitimately difficult to complete, and wish the rewards reflected this difficulty.

Another side of this is that for the main currency of the expansion, trade contracts, could use some additional uses, I think this would help too. The keys are nice rewards but due to resetting hearts and a restriction of 5 per day per vendor, means its difficult to accumulate a lot, and 50 contracts per chest to buy straight up seems a tad pricey, but I think that's fine considering you can pick out specifically what you're going for. I won't be buying them as I expect some other dumps for contracts sooner or later.

So in summary here are some solutions I think you can introduce to make these events feel more worth it:-Increased chance of unidentified rares on bounties (based on difficulty), or just bonus rares from drops.-Guaranteed rare(s) on final events on metas (these can take a half hour or longer!)-More unique uses for trade contracts-Easier opportunities for monetary gain from trade contracts-Increased key drops (these are all over the place and I rarely have the keys to open them!)

I think some combination of these would create a much more satisfying experience without destroying other farms or the economy.

@Sazukikrah.5036 said:Im assuming they are hiding more content, and will release it later.. cause Map completion rewards are utter trash. But i guess its being held off until later date. im almost certain of that!

Seems like a pretty weird thing to do, unless it just wasn't ready for launch. But ANet works in mysterious ways.

I really hoped PoF would make at least HoT stats on exotics at least somewhat easily attainable.

There's the Griever armor you can get after you get collections and grind Legendary Bounties but that is just one set with one stat. Marauder, Viper and many other sets are still massive pain in the ass to get unless you're a veteran with several dedicated crafter characters (and even then it costs a lot of money). And that's weapons and armor, forget about trinkets I gave up on those long ago.

At this point I promised myself to never make condi build character ever again. Berserker is BY FAR the most easily obtained set. I want carrion accessories and I simply can't get them. Either spend 5g each on TP for exotics or grind out marks for EVERY SINGLE SKIN for a dungeon. Those are my options, they're not even in fractals ffs.

I'm really disappointed in the rewards, it's essentially a skin collection all the way through. There's no gold to be made either. I'd like boxes with stat selectable exotic armor and trinkets with some of the newer stat sets. Lock the PoF stats if you must but why must HoT stats be still as difficulty to get as ever? I don't care if it's a grind for map/bounty currency if they make it a predictable one without crafting/rng bs.

Also, trade caches are alway gonna run a fine line between being completely worhless and borderline economy ruining. Not sure where the balance is on those.

@MidnightO.8632 said:I really hoped PoF would make at least HoT stats on exotics at least somewhat easily attainable.

There's the Griever armor you can get after you get collections and grind Legendary Bounties but that is just one set with one stat. Marauder, Viper and many other sets are still massive pain in the kitten to get unless you're a veteran with several dedicated crafter characters (and even then it costs a lot of money). And that's weapons and armor, forget about trinkets I gave up on those long ago.

At this point I promised myself to never make condi build character ever again. Berserker is BY FAR the most easily obtained set. I want carrion accessories and I simply can't get them. Either spend 5g each on TP for exotics or grind out marks for EVERY SINGLE SKIN for a dungeon. Those are my options, they're not even in fractals kitten.

I'm really disappointed in the rewards, it's essentially a skin collection all the way through. There's no gold to be made either. I'd like boxes with stat selectable exotic armor and trinkets with some of the newer stat sets. Lock the PoF stats if you must but why must HoT stats be still as difficulty to get as ever? I don't care if it's a grind for map/bounty currency if they make it a predictable one without crafting/rng bs.

Also, trade caches are alway gonna run a fine line between being completely worhless and borderline economy ruining. Not sure where the balance is on those.

Imo, all crafted exotics (barring precursors) should be unbound by default. I've been trying to help a friend get a condi set going for her Mesmer since she detests crafting, and the best I can do for her is Rabid...

@Makai.3429 said:

@MidnightO.8632 said:I really hoped PoF would make at least HoT stats on exotics at least somewhat easily attainable.

There's the Griever armor you can get after you get collections and grind Legendary Bounties but that is just one set with one stat. Marauder, Viper and many other sets are still massive pain in the kitten to get unless you're a veteran with several dedicated crafter characters (and even then it costs a lot of money). And that's weapons and armor, forget about trinkets I gave up on those long ago.

At this point I promised myself to never make condi build character ever again. Berserker is BY FAR the most easily obtained set. I want carrion accessories and I simply can't get them. Either spend 5g each on TP for exotics or grind out marks for EVERY SINGLE SKIN for a dungeon. Those are my options, they're not even in fractals kitten.

Imo, all crafted exotics (barring precursors) should be unbound by default. I've been trying to help a friend get a condi set going for her Mesmer since she detests crafting, and the best I can do for her is Rabid...

Yeah I find this really weird about GW2. In pretty much any MMO ever crafting is a way to help community and yourself by crafting gear for others and yourself while hopefully also making some modest profit for the time commitment (or at least to sustain the crafting costs).

In GW2 you pay money for materials to make stuff mostly for yourself and maybe sell some intermediate parts for other crafters so they can too make stuff just for themselves. It's incredibly weird. If I have to spend heaps of gold to get my crafting then why not cut out the middle man and just have a vendor sell all this stuff.

Why have to scrounge for stats on exotics? It's not progression, it just forces me to play power builds. Because my power builds will be immediately at 90% of their potential the moment they hit 80 while others are out of luck. It's a tax on build diversity... made even better by the fact that condi is now meta everywhere.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Loot seems just as good as anything anywhere else. If you are wondering about a specific farm, well, it took more than a week of Silverwastes to figure out how to farm it independent of opening bandit chests and longer to figure out how to farm AB.

As someone who actively contributes research into GW2 of late - I can arguably say that the most basic features of PoF are extremely unrewarding. A single bounty with a full map on top of it can take up to 6-8 minutes, and the best you're going to be getting is 2-3 unid blue/greens and like 3 trade contracts; if you hit a jackpot for bounties, the best you'll get is a 50s trash item and 25 trade contracts.

In fact;Rewards from bounties and events are so poor, it is what prompted my initial idea with my guild to turn CO into a new chest farm - which shouldn't have happened, they need to increase bounty rewards or improve the system overall, like doing chain bounties for additional rewards, extra rewards for people who actually interact with the notice board etc..

Oh, I haven't done any bounties at all, except if it was required for an achievement. I was talking about fighting mobs and opening 'chests' that I ran across. Bounties strike me as similar to Champ fights in Classic Tyria: more fun, but less loot for the effort. The efficient strategies all involve things that you can (a) do quickly (or meta-fy into quickness) or (b) that involve killing tons of stuff. Some events are great for (b) and we just don't know enough about event spawn times or how to speed fights up to have learned any for (a).

If you compare to the first week of Silverwastes or the first week of AB Octovine fights, things aren't obviously different that I think it's fair to say that it's demonstrably less rewarding.

Or put another way, I think it's too soon to say. I'm withholding judgment until PoF's been out long enough for us to even find out what all is available to us.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Oh, I haven't done any bounties at all, except if it was required for an achievement. I was talking about fighting mobs and opening 'chests' that I ran across. Bounties strike me as similar to Champ fights in Classic Tyria: more fun, but less loot for the effort. The efficient strategies all involve things that you can (a) do quickly (or meta-fy into quickness) or (b) that involve killing tons of stuff. Some events are great for (b) and we just don't know enough about event spawn times or how to speed fights up to have learned any for (a).

If you compare to the first week of Silverwastes or the first week of AB Octovine fights, things aren't obviously different that I think it's fair to say that it's demonstrably less rewarding.

Or put another way, I think it's too soon to say. I'm withholding judgment until PoF's been out long enough for us to even find out what all is available to us.

The difference between HoT and Pre-HoT maps is that mechanics allowed people to farm them effectively; the only potential farm that's got higher gold potential than RIBA/SW/F40 was the new CO CF, but sadly, it is completely RNG on the chest locations - you can get an entire map with not a single chest circle near your group. This new potential farm is for zerg guilds that are well organised; it will be extremely difficult for pugs to adapt to it - too much micro management.

In a TL;DR context:

• Silverwastes chests all spawn in the same location.
  • Everyone can open them, there is no RNG to whether or not a chest will be opened.
  • Crystal Oasis chests spawn in the same spot, but you can only open one if your map is within the vicinity of it, completely rng.

With bounties, there are mechanics that work in our favour - like doing bounty trains and then incorporating forged camps for extra loot - but it's simply not enough to warrant leaving Silverwastes.

@MidnightO.8632 said:

@Makai.3429 said:

Yeah I find this really weird about GW2. In pretty much any MMO ever crafting is a way to help community and yourself by crafting gear for others and yourself while hopefully also making some modest profit for the time commitment (or at least to sustain the crafting costs).

In GW2 you pay money for materials to make stuff mostly for yourself and maybe sell some intermediate parts for other crafters so they can too make stuff just for themselves. It's incredibly weird. If I have to spend heaps of gold to get my crafting then why not cut out the middle man and just have a vendor sell all this stuff.

Why have to scrounge for stats on exotics? It's not progression, it just forces me to play power builds. Because my power builds will be immediately at 90% of their potential the moment they hit 80 while others are out of luck. It's a tax on build diversity... made even better by the fact that condi is now meta everywhere.

Excellent way of putting it, and I agree the stranglehold on Viper/Sinister/Grieving(if it even exists outside of WvW) greatly limits build diversity.

I've struggled to find anything worthwhile to do in PoF. Bounties are really bad for the time investment, hell you spend 20% of what you make on the bounty just porting back to the board. The best thing I've found is buying 5 keys per day per character and chest farming, hoping for the roll of 10 chests which can be worth a couple of gold. It's also quite unrewarding on average but I'm out of ideas. I want to be in PoF but I find myself just returning to SW/HoT or fractals and ignoring PoF already.

Archived