Healing Herald For Raids/Fractals

GabbyGoesHa.6079

Hey Everyone,

I main boon druid for raids and I wanted to try something different. I've always like herald spite most peoples negative opinion haha. I was looking at SnowCrow's Healing Herald build. From what I see it appears to be decent. I was wondering other peoples opinions on using a healing herald as a second healer in raids.

Thanks! :)

@GabbyGoesHa.6079 said:I'm comparing the two guides, Herald tho provides way more boons and a better up time?

Short answer is not where it counts.

Long answer, renegade has the ability to provide 100% uptime on might and alacrity. Alacrity in particular is extremely useful for a group and can only be provided alternatively by chrono. Both can provide near 100% uptime on protection. Herald provides fury and reg, but these are highly common boons. No one is going to run herald for these.

@cyst.3108 said:Sorry, how is Rene staking protection?

Herald with elite facet and renegade with a trait that grants allies protection when you summon a warband member. With full harrier and monk runes it is ~7.5s for each warband member. As a healer you always use heal and elite warband member so that is ~15s of protection and since you swap legends of cd you can reapeat it every 18 seconds.

@otto.5684 said:

@GabbyGoesHa.6079 said:I'm comparing the two guides, Herald tho provides way more boons and a better up time?

Short answer is not where it counts.

Long answer, renegade has the ability to provide 100% uptime on might and alacrity. Alacrity in particular is extremely useful for a group and can only be provided alternatively by chrono. Both can provide near 100% uptime on protection. Herald provides fury and reg, but these are highly common boons. No one is going to run herald for these.

Oh, that really does put this into perspective for me, I see your point. Okay, I will go to Healing Ren then. :) Thank you, everyone, for your opinion!

Thank you, everyone, for your opinions. I'm kind of torn, I was speaking with one of my static members. They said to go, Herald, because no one takes healing Ren for alacrity because they will normally have a DPS/Ren for that. So they suggest Healing Herald. I'm split lol on which one to go for across the board like PVE/Fractals/Raids/Etc.

Archived