Favorite melee class/spec?

Skyfire.1639

Hey guys. Just dipping my toe back into the game after a long hiatus and i'm thinking i want to try out a melee class and/or specialization.

I have a variety of characters at various levels and a couple 80 boosts still to burn, but i'm curious to opinions for the moment :)

I remember loving a greatsword warrior and stuff like D/D thief and even some elementalist weapon sets at one time. My highest char is my 72 guardian... but i'm not a huge fan of either elite spec that i've seen so i'm not sure there...

But yea... looking for something functional with maybe a bit of flash to it. Giving some serious though to my warrior since i enjoy greatswords and greathammers on her but also like the look of both of their elite specs.

That said... Weaver, holosmith and even mirage look fairly interesting.

So... what do you guys think? Go warrior? Any other opinions/suggestions? Looking at it as a "first character" since it'll be my first to max level and that i'll be dabbling in both HoT and PoF content with.

Just curious :)

ty all :)

I like em all, still learning a few classes but so far i like em all. Why just master 1 when you can master 9? Keeps ya busy to. All classes can melee some more efficiently than others. But they are all capable. So saying what melee class you like best is kinda obsolete under the circumstances. All classes are ranged to so can't just say which melee or ranged class all dependent on how one plays or what one enjoys as a whole. So honestly all classes for me.

As for spec just depends what I'm doing and where I'm doing it. Like for example I have specific trait setup for more solo benifits. If I'm heading into a group event i'll sacarafice little personal damage and throw in some support traits to also help those around me. So say for example maybe i got a trait gives me damage boost will say for example this trait gives me 500 dmg if my class has support skill that say give up to 5 people round me 250 dmg up to 5 allies thats a pretty good trade off in the end you just traded 500 dmg to a single target gave 250 dmg per ally hitting same target so overall damage to target increases.

So all specs have a purpose, to me all my favs just depends what i am doing and where.

ty guys :)

would it be worth using one of my boosts? (i have two level 80 boosts right now).

Currently really enjoying my warrior but considering boosting her, hitting HoT till i get that first glide mastery, then doing PoF for the first mount and THEN dropping back to continue with my personal story etc.

Sounds a bit convoluted but also sounds workable lol.

@Sylent.3165 said:Well you might as well use use the boost as you need to belevel 80 to get glider or a mount :)

rofl, kinda what i was thinking.

i'd really like to do her personal story and do map completions etc... but i also like the idea of the glider and raptor for open world stuff... so, while it feels odd after playing so many games without level scaling, i'm giving serious thought to doing the above so i can clear maps and quest around with the glider and mount unlocked (even if they aren't available in certain instances :P)

@Skyfire.1639 said:ty guys :)

would it be worth using one of my boosts? (i have two level 80 boosts right now).

Currently really enjoying my warrior but considering boosting her, hitting HoT till i get that first glide mastery, then doing PoF for the first mount and THEN dropping back to continue with my personal story etc.

Sounds a bit convoluted but also sounds workable lol.

Personally, I probably would level naturally if you have already started, save an 80 boost for a brand new char. This just what I would do. level 80 boost is nice to have when wanna try something new when you have leveled at least 1 char naturally. Because you wont like HoT if you don't know how to play the game as good as say someone been here for couple years. HoT is a whole nother world in comparison to base gw2 and even PoF difficulties. Now if you've already been to 80 atleast once and already ran through HoT np you have experience within it you know how the mobs work. Maybe use it then. Personally, I would still just level naturally for char already been started thats me each to their own. That's my opinion and some slight advice. The decisions entirely up to you. I can't tell you how you should play your game.

But don't do like some do, rush into content you just not ready for yet get your rump handed to ya. Then come to forums griping about difficulty. Believe me HoT got plenty of gripe for this. But wasn't HoT's fault was the users fault. When i first hit HoT I was like heck yea I'm getting my rump kicked I like this. Time to make a new build/armor setup for this. i got into HoT deeply love at first sight I love hard content makes me all hot and bothered in a good way.

@Skyfire.1639 said:Hey guys. Just dipping my toe back into the game after a long hiatus and i'm thinking i want to try out a melee class and/or specialization.

I have a variety of characters at various levels and a couple 80 boosts still to burn, but i'm curious to opinions for the moment :)

I remember loving a greatsword warrior and stuff like D/D thief and even some elementalist weapon sets at one time. My highest char is my 72 guardian... but i'm not a huge fan of either elite spec that i've seen so i'm not sure there...

But yea... looking for something functional with maybe a bit of flash to it. Giving some serious though to my warrior since i enjoy greatswords and greathammers on her but also like the look of both of their elite specs.

That said... Weaver, holosmith and even mirage look fairly interesting.

So... what do you guys think? Go warrior? Any other opinions/suggestions? Looking at it as a "first character" since it'll be my first to max level and that i'll be dabbling in both HoT and PoF content with.

Just curious :)

ty all :)

The thief completely revitalized my enjoyment of the game. It has the simplest, most forgiving rotation, high survivability, awesome mobility skills, stealth, etc. 98% of the time, I do top DPS in my groups. And, even with the new expansion out, I'm still top-3 in every bounty group (usually behind a firebrand). But I can focus entirely on mechanics because the rotation is ez-mode.

If you decide to go with it, my advice is to forget about deadeye (It's garbage). And go power-daredevil with invigorating precision. I absolutely love it!

Archived