Art Issues: Characters, Weapons, Armor - [Merged]

@Astyrah.4015 said:

are you using the dx12 addon perhaps? that's known to cause some temporary graphical glitches that sort itself out after shaders have been compiled

I am not using any add-ons. It may be related the body type I have chosen. Some things clip with certain body types and not others (Ebon Epaulets + Warmaster pack doesn't clip with the skinny body but does with others). I just found this particularly egregious because its essentially an outfit being sold by arenanet for real money (if you consider the statuette vendor and extension of the gemstore as I do). Support won't refund the currency because they can't feasibly remove the unlocked outfits from my account.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:This maybe more suited for a bug report in that section of the forum. That is the place where Q/A people lurk and pickup bugs

The probability that someone at Anet would see this and then actually ensure that the problem is fixed is just so astronomically low that I figured it would make more sense to put it somewhere visible for the average player so that they are aware before potentially buying this item that is currently available through the statuette vendor. If the purpose of this post was to try and get Anet to fix the outfits, sure. That however, was not the point.

@Jables.4659 said:

@mercury ranique.2170 said:This maybe more suited for a bug report in that section of the forum. That is the place where Q/A people lurk and pickup bugs

The probability that someone at Anet would see this and then actually ensure that the problem is fixed is just so astronomically low that I figured it would make more sense to put it somewhere visible for the average player so that they are aware before potentially buying this item that is currently available through the statuette vendor. If the purpose of this post was to try and get Anet to fix the outfits, sure. That however, was not the point.

There is a difference between reacting to a bug report and fixing it.They have said in the past that all bugs reported in the bugs section are listed on the bugslistAfter that a proces start of veryfication (is the bug reproducable) and prioritising it.The priority is based on a few factors. One being the amount of trouble it takes to fix it (as it requires work from a designer, a reasonable amount of trouble). The other being the importance of the bug. This is higher as this is a gemstore item. My experience is that cashshop items are fixed with a high importance.

Item: Slayer's OutfitRace: SylvariProfession: ReaperGender: FemaleDescription: So my problem is that I am trying to dye a piece of the outfit but it's not working. The piece that I can't dye is mostly yellow or red. Sometimes it's not even showing. Half of my characters has this same problem but on others it's working perfectly fine. I already tried to install Guild Wars 2 again but that didn't work.Please fix this! I would be very happy because it's really ruining my characters outfit! :)https://imgur.com/a/JOdQU5F

@mercury ranique.2170 said:

The other being the importance of the bug. This is higher as this is a gemstore item. My experience is that cashshop items are fixed with a high importance.

I reported the casual clothing outfit both in game and via the proper thread on the forums years ago when I first noticed the issue with that particular outfit. It has not been fixed. I also reported the designer hoodie outfit in game as the customer support rep requested. Like I said, the purpose of this post was not to report the bug to Anet (that has already been done). This post was intended to make other players aware of the issue before potentially buying a broken outfit.

@Ameepa.6793 said:I own all the town outfits and they all work without any problems on all races and genders so it looks like this problem probably is on your end. Perhaps indeed that specific body type .

The problem is not on my end. I am not using a modified version of the game and the problem appears regardless of graphics settings. it appears on both my desktop and my laptop, and my friends can see it happening on my character from their end.

• Like 1

I can also confirm this happens on more than just male human. Tested so far with male and female sylvari, male asura, female charr, and female norn. Some race/gender combinations seem to be less severely affected than others - female charr only has slight clipping along the shoulder that's really not noticeable unless you're staring right at it; male sylvari is the most obvious.

It seems to be because the front of the shirt is designed with physics - it moves when your character moves, like certain hairstyles that clip into/through the character's head when they run forwards.

• Like 1

@Jables.4659 said:

@Ameepa.6793 said:I own all the town outfits and they all work without any problems on all races and genders so it looks like this problem probably is on your end. Perhaps indeed that specific body type .

The problem is not on my end. I am not using a modified version of the game and the problem appears regardless of graphics settings. it appears on both my desktop and my laptop, and my friends can see it happening on my character from their end.

Which, if it is indeed tied to your body type, would be the expected result. I mean, if your friends couldn't see it, then we could start looking at your PC, to see if it's having some kind of issues. But since you're saying everyone you know can see it on you, then body type is as good a place to start as any, given the poster you quoted own experience with the same outfit.

Profession: MesmerDescription: The Chronomancer trait Time Catches Up has recently started showing an unintended visual effect for me. I get a gigantic swirl effect around my character when I use a shatter skill, which people around me can see. This only started happening after I installed GW2 on my new laptop. I've tried everything from removing items to changing other traits to trying it on a different character, but nothing helps. The main issue here is that this is not client sided and it's starting to annoy my raid static.

I've included a screenshot and a youtube video link to illustrate my issue. The video is recorded from my friend's perspective, and shows that he does not get any visual effects upon using a shatter skill while you can clearly see a massive swirl happening around my character.

https://imgur.com/r8LKFHa

Profession: ThiefRace: Human/Sylvari/NornGender: FemaleIt has been many years may since the launch of the game. The thief dagger #2 skill heartseeker's animation on female human/sylvari/norn (because they use a same animation module) just doesn't look right.

At the end of animation, the dagger's direction is totally on the opposite direction comparing with male human/sylvari/norn's heartseeker animation. I think it makes more sense to hit enemy with blade instead of hilt. I've attached 2 screenshots so the difference is quite obvious.

I sincerely thank anyone who could look into this issue.

Female animation:https://imgur.com/w9zB3H2Male animation:https://imgur.com/QUnXOnn

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Race: Charr Gender: Female Class: Warrior

Description: Cannot dye store baught dragon wings glider, despite confiming the dye the game does not save it and it reverts to two dyes that i haven't unlocked, erasing the dyes also does not work. persists through restarts, GM advised through my ticket to make a bug report here.

i don't know how to upload images to here but it can be seen via the ticket under my account.

2 hours ago, Florence.6542 said:

Race: Charr Gender: Female Class: Warrior

Description: Cannot dye store baught dragon wings glider, despite confiming the dye the game does not save it and it reverts to two dyes that i haven't unlocked, erasing the dyes also does not work. persists through restarts, GM advised through my ticket to make a bug report here.

i don't know how to upload images to here but it can be seen via the ticket under my account.

If you mean this:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crystalline_Dragon_Wings_Glider

Can't be dyed.

If you mean this:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scaled_Dragon_Wings_Glider

It can be dyed.  Have you tried it on a different character, or tried changing dyes with a different Glider, then tried the Scaled Dragon Wings Glider on the same character? 

• 2 weeks later...

An issue that I've noticed a while ago, but just recently realized it's kind of map dependent. On Draconis Mons the backpack disappears upon stowing/drawing weapons. I thought earlier that it was just happening randomly, but it's consistent on this map.

Clipping issue after the last patch.

Holographic Dragon Helm is the one having clipping issues.

See images below, please.

https://we.tl/t-LH0SWlPYho

It looks nasty. His hair/beard is brown and you can see on some pictures how the hair turns into the color of the helmet.

I tried previewing it without hair/beard and his ears/back od the head are clipping through the helmet. That never happened before, even with hair/beard.

Friend took a screenshot and he saw the same thing. That is why I had to use a Dragonrender helmet and wait for you guys to hopefully fix it.

Will this be resolved in the upcoming patch?