Art Issues: Characters, Weapons, Armor - [Merged]

And I have found another character in-game (human race) with no issues with the helmet that I tried using (Holographic Dragon Helm). He has no issues with clipping.

We both have male characters and yet mine has clipping issues even without hair/beard... This is ridiculous.

Bugged Flame Coat

A problem that appeared around May 2020. Originally, the Flame Legion Coat only hid any shoulder armor worn along with it.

After that May update, any glove armor is also replaced with the Flame Legion gloves skin.

Notice that in the image, I have removed any equipped gloves, but my character still appear to be wearing gloves.

Req: Human-Male-Ranger

Bug confirmed to occur regardless of race/sex/profession.

Specifics: Flame Legion Coat (Medium) from Citadel of Flame dungeon set.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2021 at 10:54 PM, Geos.4759 said:

Alright. I have checked with some kind random people. It's the heavy class of that helmet on human males that is affected.

I've got this same issue with the Holographic Dragon Helm, male heavy all hair clip through the helmet, quite disappointing, since I just wasted 350 gems changing from female to male.

https://imgur.com/a/pzS1ok6

• Sad 1

Race: Asura

Class: Warrior

Weapon: All shields

Issue:

Placement of shields on the character's arm does not match the one shown in the hero panel.
It's closer and more angled towards your body, thus clipping into the character's arm and shoulders on many shields.

The shield is drawn into a position matching the hero panel but snaps into the clipping position once it is finished.

Difference in position

Clipping

Clipping #2

Video: Front view

Video: Side view

Side Note: The shield snaps into the non-clipping position when playing the idle animation, as soon as you move it snaps back.

Video: Idle

Edited by Garius.7019

Hi I play on an Asura engineer (female if that matter), I notice for a couple weeks now the shield is tilted a bit, the arm clip threw it, I didnt change my shield skin nor my armor skin. Its look like the shield was move from a 30isssh degree toward the head.

• Thanks 2

On 7/10/2021 at 6:18 AM, Chris.4912 said:

I've got this same issue with the Holographic Dragon Helm, male heavy all hair clip through the helmet, quite disappointing, since I just wasted 350 gems changing from female to male.

https://imgur.com/a/pzS1ok6

And when you try to remove hair/beard - his ears and the back of the head will pop out of the helmet. I hope it will be fixed after DB.
Everything was fine in the first week of DB, then a small patch happened and there you go. Somehow they bugged it for only one race, one gender, one class... And it seems like they don't care about fixing it.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Makuragee.3058 said:

Yeah but it was not like this from the start its somewhat new, they kitten up something and didnt fix it after ward wtf...

The point was, they probably never will fix it, as they never fixed our clipping issues. 
So yeah I can very much understand that it is highly disappointing, but you might going to have to live with it.
Still worth reporting the issue though!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/11/2021 at 1:46 PM, WyvrnRipsnarl.5918 said:

The point was, they probably never will fix it, as they never fixed our clipping issues. 
So yeah I can very much understand that it is highly disappointing, but you might going to have to live with it.
Still worth reporting the issue though!

two different things. charr clip because anet didn't design the armor properly thus clipping ensues.
the shield thing is a merely positioning thing of a weapon that was previously fine and can most likely be fixed with a different value in its code (most likely the source of the issue in the first place)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

N

52 minutes ago, ShroomOneUp.6913 said:

two different things. charr clip because anet didn't design the armor properly thus clipping ensues.
the shield thing is a merely positioning thing of a weapon that was previously fine and can most likely be fixed with a different value in its code (most likely the source of the issue in the first place)

I do agree with you, and its not like its been that long since the bug start to appear. Maybe a month or 2 at max.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Makuragee.3058 said:

N

I do agree with you, and its not like its been that long since the bug start to appear. Maybe a month or 2 at max.

age of issue is irrelevant, its the difference in what they are. charr clipping armor is in the core design of armor, they had do redo entire sets of armor to end clipping. the shield thing is merely a number change ( msotlikely)

Edited by ShroomOneUp.6913
  • Like 1