Art Issues: Characters, Weapons, Armor - [Merged]

10 hours ago, ShroomOneUp.6913 said:

and even with a HUGE festival updates that fixed a few issue that have arrived in the last few days, shields STILL cut into asuran arms.

ITS UNACCEPTABLE... please fix it for the love of Asura  show that you care a little arenanet! 3:

• Like 2

Hey there!
I was told to post this here instead of submitting a ticket:
The Headpiece skin "Inventor's Sunglasses" (medium) clips horribly into the brow of one of the face of the male human model. I finally have an outfit where these shades would fit perfectly, but I always cringe when I look at how horribly the clipping is. :)
It would be amazing if maybe someone could take a look at this, even though it's already a pretty old skin.

Picture 1
Picture 2

I've no other place to post this so I've decided to post it here.

I left the game around when s2 ended and just recently returned and to my surprise a modelling issue with the human female model has persisted for nine years.

The issue is the model's legs, more specifically the position of the feet relative to the knees when standing in a resting position. The body has two joints that can rotate the foot and while they can work independently of each other they affect each other deeply. The first joint is at the thigh and also encompasses the rotation of the leg. The second joint is at the ancle itself. When the leg is straightened, such as when standing, the second joint is locked and largely inmovable. This changes as the leg gets bent, such as when sitting, and the lower joint becomes activated and can rotate independently of the knee. When standing the foot is always aligned with the direction of the knee.  The issue is shown on the picture below.

Human female model issue.

This can can easily be reproduced by standing up and trying to rotate the foot independently from the leg. And then do the same when sitting down with the hips and knees bent by 90 percent in the usual sitting position. Furthermore, this principle can be tried out by stretching the leg when sitting down, this will limit the amount of rotation the foot can do independently.

While it's possible to stand like this in RL it's also painful, uncomfortable, and overall an unnatural pose. Due to this a body at rest would never assume this position.

While this has no effect on game-funtionality it's one of those things thjat once you become aware of them they're impossible to ignore if they can be seen. On that note, I do apologise to people who've just now become aware of it and will see it forever.

I see this as a relatively small thing to fix as armor models aligns with the skeleton of the model wearing it and the Norn female model has largely the same stance and none of the model issues.

Human and Norn female model comparison.

The feet and knees on the Norn female align with each other. Due to this the model looks comfortable and natural while the human model just looks like its in an uncomfortable position purely for the enjoyment of the viewer.

Edited by Malus.2184

Item: Sport Sunglasses
Race: Norn
Class: Mesmer

Description:

The Headpiece "Sport Sunglasses"  loads random textures on my norn mesmer. Each time a new map is loaded, the texture changes with the most bizarre results. Also, unlike other combinations between race and armor class, in the color section it lacks its channel. This skin is currently available for purchase at the Gemstore for 150 gems.

Sport Sunglasses Equipped: https://imgur.com/a/H8xnAeG

Dye Panel missing is dye channel: https://imgur.com/P73X3Mo

Note:  I have submitted a in-game bug report for this issue as well as this thread I made not sure if it was a bug then: Thread

Issue: Nightmare Court Robe (Light Armor Chest piece  - Twilight Arbor Dungeon skin) the nighttime glow effect is the incorrect color for my Sylvari (Female, Elementalist).  

• Glow shows up as pink (on arms) and orangish color (on back) when selected Sylvari glow is a green color ("Grassette" in character creation).  Dyes do not affect the glow color.  Changing the glow color in Makeover kit does not change the preview for the nighttime glow either.
  • Other Nightmare Court pieces all seem to glow the proper color including the Light Armor legs/skirt.

Imgur Screenshots  

Edited by Katreyn.4218

Trappings of the Lich are not rotationally centered correctly on humans. The vertical centerline is rotated to the right (from the character's perspective). Note the position of the waist ornamentation on the Trappings is shifted to the character's right.

https://i.imgur.com/C0zZPKo.jpg

On Sylvari, however, it is centered correctly.

Edited by TheAgedGnome.7520

Hi there, I bought the lovely new Sylph Wings addition and I noticed that they are bugged on the Asura. They appear deep inside their back armor so they look really bad, and I for one would really love to see this fixed rather sooner than later, a lot of problems like this sadly go on for years before a fix is in place. This is a great item and I really dont want to relegate it to the cupboards due to it just having a rendering issue. 

https://imgur.com/2ghDyZE

Edited by Fostot.6309
  • Like 2

Human/Sylvari and Charr male characters are pushed into the armrest of the Bench of The Final Judge. It's more noticable on human/sylvari, but seemingly not present on female characters at all.

Sylvari Male1 - The character is pushed into the armrest.
Sylvari Male2 - Different angle.
Human male - Same problem as Sylvari, the armor could make it seem worse.
Human female - The human female model is positioned correctly.

Charr male - The character's right arm being in the air shows that the model itself is a bit pushed to the side.
Asura male - Seems to be perfect.
Norn male - Also good.

Race/Gender: Sylvari Male

Armor Class/Profession: Light/Necromancer

Misc Things to Note: Maximum character height, heaviest-set build.

Item: Bench of the Final Judge (Dhuum's Throne)

Adding in my information, even though IAmNotMatthew already posted about it above. Can verify the clipping. Particularly bad in the legs, feet, and the left shoulder that leans against the backrest.

Sylvari - Runic shaman coat (might be on others but i don't have a light armored character that isn't sylvari)

The coat doesn't extend far enough down to connect to the pants, tried previewing a variety of different pants but the only ones that didn't have this issue were the ones that already extended upwards already

https://imgur.com/mmUutZm

https://imgur.com/9X703Sj