Art Issues: Characters, Weapons, Armor - [Merged]

On 12/26/2021 at 7:28 PM, Waffles.5632 said:

I made a lighthearted post, about a lighthearted issue. Anyone who plays a Charr and has the glider is welllll aware of said issue.

I never expected anything, what you and the other guy are doing are just negative insertions. Well more so him, because he just made a false assumption and then ran with it as fact, only to grandstand and make more assumptions then about anet.

He has literally no idea if Anet reads these forums, or if I went about other avenues of approaching anet about this specific issue in the past. I also CAN use the glider, that is NOT the issue. (But hey who reads!?)

I am positive many people have submitted tickets about it, including myself, and I am positive anet knows about it.

Again, it has been years.

You both need to lighten up not every forums post is a battle. Yikes! LOL

ANYWAYS, again, lighthearted issue, but it is a very glaring one. My charr's poor foot is nowhere near the glider hahahaha, just dangling there in the air!

What? Are you trolling me? I did point out something as fact because ive played mmos since the 90s I know how companies take these tickets, ive known people working within them so yea it is a fact rather you like it or not, all I did was make one little comment that was hardly rude and your going on this huge drama rant about me and this other guy I mean really? Maybe if you cannot handle these things do not make posts about it? And obviously anet does read forums thats why they respond to them your comments are making no sense as you seem to be getting way to over defensive for no reason.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

18 hours ago, Ryou.2398 said:

What? Are you trolling me? I did point out something as fact because ive played mmos since the 90s I know how companies take these tickets, ive known people working within them so yea it is a fact rather you like it or not, all I did was make one little comment that was hardly rude and your going on this huge drama rant about me and this other guy I mean really? Maybe if you cannot handle these things do not make posts about it? And obviously anet does read forums thats why they respond to them your comments are making no sense as you seem to be getting way to over defensive for no reason.

So many things wrong with this. I wasn't talking about you at all bro relax.

Can this thread just get back to the fact that the glider has been clearly bugged for Charr for years so we can all have a laugh before new years?

Yikes, it's like you all woke up on the wrong side of the bed or something. Did no one tell you? If you don't have anything nice to say...then don't say anything at all!

Now back to the foot though!

My poor Charr's foot has been dangling in the air for so many years now, I get that it's a METEOR, so no touchy kuz hot, but come on anet!

PLEASE FIX THE FOOT! 2022!  😭

Edited by Waffles.5632
  • Like 1

Alright, so I submitted a ticket about this and was redirected here, so here goes. I'll copy most of it to this thread:

I recently purchased the Mage Knight Outfit with some of the gems from pre-ordering the expansion, very excited that it was finally back in the store one of the times I actually had gems to spend. I put it on my female norn, hid the headpiece, and then instantly noticed a massive issue. She has no neck. Just a blank hole where her neck should be.

Due to her using one of the recently introduced faces, I thought it could initially be just an issue with that and so switched to my female norn ranger who has existed since 2013 and has one of the original faces.

And nope! She also has no neck!

At this point, I began to check my other characters, finding that that female sylvari, female human, and male human with the headgear hidden on this outfit do in fact have their necks, which I am assuming is the actual intent. After them, I went to my male norn to check the outfit on him. While it was significantly less noticeable, I discovered curiously that he, too, is lacking a neck when the headgear is hidden on this outfit.

If at any point whoever would be the ones to work on these kinds of things can be shown this, please fix this. Norn deserve necks too.

Additionally, as a very minor aside but related issue to armor modeling with norn which isn't a big deal but I also just feel like should be known is an issue and has been for a while: the medium Whispers boots (Whisper's Secret Boots) on male norn have little holes in the model that you can see the foot through on both boots. This isn't an issue on female norn, just male norn. I imagine their toes are getting rather cold like that.

Edited by NyneaveTallis.8549
too much spacing between paragraphs

https://imgur.com/nwVLK2u

Female Human character clipping with the Aetherblade Armor Leggings (Heavy) from the Gemstore. The pants clip with the Festive Sweater skin. These pants are problematic with many other skins such as the Braham Top from the gemstore as well...It always appears as if the character is hollow and it is not connected to each other

Edited by yukarishura.4790

The shield has a light effect that appears on the book inside it 
the effect happens whenever you draw your weapon, activate an ability, or use your base attack 
I've separated some videos on youtube where it shows exactly with the effects working correctly : 
https://youtu.be/_F9dfpQhL9k?t=18 

https://youtu.be/dt6FA2NS6LE?t=34 

https://youtu.be/mDbnP3OxCk0?t=45 

The problem is happening about the effects during basic attacks and during abilities, the effect is not 
appearing during basic attacks and abilities, the effect only lasts when drawing the shield . 

I did several tests with graphics variations and the problem persists,i redid the graphics tests with DX9 and DX11.

I watched my character with the shield through another computer, the shield has the same problem, the effects do

not work on basic attacks or skills, only when drawing the shield.

I uploaded a video to show the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr1_cY-C5SA

Edited by MrBooty.9152

Race: Asura; Gender: Male; Item: Bloodstone Visage;

The animation is barely visible and only appears properly when camera is up close to the character, this is a problem for all asuras as I asked other players to put it on and I almost couldn't see it on them while they claimed the same thing. I dont understand why it looks this way bcz in preview or in hero panel it looks good.

So uh I noticed on certain heavy helms, the new sylvari hairstyles clip through the helms.  I normally don't mind some clipping but it was so noticeable that it looked like something was growing out of my Sylvari's head.

Edit:

After checking, also clips on light and med armors as well 😕

Edited by nobleboivin.4102

Hello,

The legendary pvp armor is missing textures. For the most expensive and rewarding kind of armor... It's a bit sad. Can someone fix the characters ? 🙂

Thank you !

Legendary pvp armor textures missing

(No grey area should be on the human skin, it's not part of the armor as you can see in the character preview)

Edited by Arya.3841
add more detail

Please ANet, fix this it looks really bad and i want to play sword & board Asura. The clipping completely ruins the look. 

And i can confirm, when you unsheathe the shield is actually in a good spot for like a second before it snaps closer and ends up clipping into the elbow.

Edited by Zeusx.2906
  • Like 1

I crafted my first legendary weapon, The Predator, but unfortunately i found a bug. When my Shader settings are medium or high, the trail for my weapon is not seen at most times or seen very lightly, but when shaders is low, im able to see it clearly. All my other settings are set to medium except for character model/graphics limits. I reported this before, but it seems they are quite busy, i just hope this gets fixed. Also i hope its not the same for my any future legendary weapons.