Shave down bunkers pls.

ErazorZ.5209

@Rusty.9348 said:

First and foremost, i play glascannon exclusively, because i enjoy quick reaction times...So what? I enjoy playing slow and safe. Why should your preferences be more important than mine?

Exactly.

You can still be glassy in a bunker meta, you just have to pick your targets more wisely. When I'm in that mood i bring out my zerker LB SB and am happy. I just avoid bunkers.

A dps meta is no fun and excludes many players who don't qant to be downed in seconds. Your preference is selfish and exclusive.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Rusty.9348 said:

First and foremost, i play glascannon exclusively, because i enjoy quick reaction times...So what? I enjoy playing slow and safe. Why should your preferences be more important than mine?

If you're garbage at spellbreaker, you can't land your burst skills or full counter, you waste your rampage, you end up getting farmed all game long. You end up in 1v1s you lose or get chased off node while your opponent is able to cap while you provide 0 value to your team.

If you're garbage at necromancer, you don't know how to position yourself to avoid being focused during team fights and just rush onto the node, you end up getting farmed all game long.

If you're garbage at mirage, you waste your dodges and you whiff your damage, you end up getting farmed all game long. You end up in 1v1s you lose or get chased off node while your opponent is able to cap while you provide 0 value to your team.

If you're garbage at Scrapper, you are still able to consistently have a presence on the map, keep your allies alive during team fights, and contest or even win nodes far, far beyond what you would be able to with any other build in the game so long as you don't rush into fights against builds that are able to dump 20k+ damage in the span of a CC chain of theirs. Which is about two of them. And even if you are in danger Sneak Gyro is the single best disengage skill in the game providing 18 seconds of stealth on a 45 second cooldown.

@Quadox.7834 said:Even cele ele was killable if you played well / got lucky, I used to duel some of them on shatter Mesmer. They were still reliant on might stacking rotation, using evasive arcana properly, etc. Interrupting burning speed for example could really screw them over. Same went for the other old 1v1 classes; reflecting pindown or overcharged shot could change the tide of battle. Necro could be kited, blinded, interrupted. Bruisers generally used celestial amulet so they had lower burst than the roamers. Now (really since 23 june 2015) certain classes are way too well-rounded and are good at everything. Bruisers don't need defensive stats and can instead use amulets like demolisher, so they have essentially the same damage as the squishies. You could write an essay about how trait powercreep worsened this game.

I remember the good old days of the might ele. Talking about power creep, that build would not even be remotely viable in the current meta. Any of the meta builds can destroy you..

More dmg????

Ok back to basics: if you have a higher dps it doesn't mean you break the defense. Cause what nearly every class got is more defence, not only the small one with 33% dmg reduction by protect + 50% cause of weakness and so on.... It's also the 100% dmg reduction by evades/blocks/ immortal and resistance (for condis)...

On the other side we have just a few options to do dmg if someone blocks or to convert resistance but still nothing against evades/immortal.

That's why you have at all not more dmg at all on dps sides, you have more dmg cause of burst. Means at all the dmg output didn't change much more.

Thanks to that the game is more interactive then before and most noobs survive longer as long noone punish it...

@mortrialus.3062 said:

If you're garbage at spellbreaker, you can't land your burst skills or full counter, you waste your rampage, you end up getting farmed all game long. You end up in 1v1s you lose or get chased off node while your opponent is able to cap while you provide 0 value to your team.

If you're garbage at necromancer, you don't know how to position yourself to avoid being focused during team fights and just rush onto the node, you end up getting farmed all game long.

If you're garbage at mirage, you waste your dodges and you whiff your damage, you end up getting farmed all game long. You end up in 1v1s you lose or get chased off node while your opponent is able to cap while you provide 0 value to your team.

If you're garbage at Scrapper, you are still able to consistently have a presence on the map, keep your allies alive during team fights, and contest or even win nodes far, far beyond what you would be able to with any other build in the game so long as you don't rush into fights against builds that are able to dump 20k+ damage in the span of a CC chain of theirs. Which is about two of them. And even if you are in danger Sneak Gyro is the single best disengage skill in the game providing 18 seconds of stealth on a 45 second cooldown.

No my friend, if you are garbage at scrapper, you will get killed in a single CC chain

@FyzE.3472 said:

No my friend, if you are garbage at scrapper, you will get killed in a single CC chain

The only builds that can reliably 1v1 scrappers are builds that can dump 20k power damage in a single cc chain. And guess what? Everyone dies to getting CCd and hit with 20k power damage.

Why are always bunkers to blame when we had to suffer through YOUR metas of oneshot or be oneshotted.

Now that's boring. Watching everyone drop like flies is boring. Watching random being flung and getting critted for 12k is stupid. Passive defensives should be cut out I will agree, I will NOT agree with glasscannon being something that reveals your skill. Anyone can press buttons to damage just like anyone can press buttons to defend. But the reason why we are in this situation is because PoF gave a hell steroids to ALL classes except Renegade.

Every other MMO follows the trio of tank, DPS, and healer and do just fine. Better than gw2. Why the hell can't Anet admit this is not balanced and do the same thing when it comes to PvP? The only MMO that had done the slightly hybrid thing well is SWTOR and even then they are still in the general role of dps, tank, and healer.

Stop blaming everything on support/tanks all the time. Glass can on metas are just as toxic.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

The only builds that can reliably 1v1 scrappers are builds that can dump 20k power damage in a single cc chain. And guess what? Everyone dies to getting CCd and hit with 20k power damage.

Stun breaks. Yeah, this game has those. Scrappers usually have 1 though. But hey! Nice try bud ;-)

If you want Bunkers to be nerfed , then asked Burst to nerfed first or reroll to a decap class !

Or program Amulets to produce buffs/debuffs in a specific time/order .Knight Amulet : Engage/Getting Attacked > Auto 3 sec ProtectionAt 0:05 while in combat > 1 Might stack + 1 sec Fury + no Protection .0:10 mark , getting Debuffs (poison-vulnability) with each dodge , while in the same time Increasing the Offensive Buffsetc

And versa for Offensive Amulets(The highly mobility classes with the Offensive Amulets , can quickly travel to the an other node , while maintaing the survibility buffs , to a softer new target .

Edi: Celectial Amulet , produce aoe Buffs after the 0:10 sec mark

@Lilyanna.9361 said:Why are always bunkers to blame when we had to suffer through YOUR metas of oneshot or be oneshotted.

Now that's boring. Watching everyone drop like flies is boring. Watching random being flung and getting critted for 12k is stupid. Passive defensives should be cut out I will agree, I will NOT agree with glasscannon being something that reveals your skill. Anyone can press buttons to damage just like anyone can press buttons to defend. But the reason why we are in this situation is because PoF gave a hell steroids to ALL classes except Renegade.

Every other MMO follows the trio of tank, DPS, and healer and do just fine. Better than gw2. Why the hell can't Anet admit this is not balanced and do the same thing when it comes to PvP? The only MMO that had done the slightly hybrid thing well is SWTOR and even then they are still in the general role of dps, tank, and healer.

Stop blaming everything on support/tanks all the time. Glass can on metas are just as toxic.

When was this oneshot meta do you mean?

@Quadox.7834 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:Why are always bunkers to blame when we had to suffer through YOUR metas of oneshot or be oneshotted.

When was this oneshot meta do you mean?

Literally these last two seasons? You know the thing that didn't change for months? When mirage was the literally climb to plat class? Before the patch that gutted guardian? If you wanna be technical and say scourges and mirages didn't oneshot than cool, we'll say the stupid high damage meta.

Archived