An Ode to the Holosmith

Vagrant.7206

Set to Rammstein's Dalai Lama.

A computer sits quietly in the morningOn keyboard is a man with drink in handHe sits, waiting for PoF to launchExcited, he counts down the minutesIn 10 minutes it will be readyTo explore ElonaHis outlook is good and the computer is ready

Log on, log on, to disappointmentWe must fight until we dieEngineers don't belong in the gameSo the Net of Arena callshis children to the windBring me this engineer

The engineer has wasted timeThen a ding pops in his earsA minor notification pops above his sightand the new build update shines yellowIt shakes the man to his core

Log on, log on, to disappointmentWe must fight until we dieAnd the holosmith cries onlineCan't you see the pattern?That the Net of ArenaIt wants me to disappear into the Mists

From the forum descends a shoutwhich seeps into the brainYou're fine, you're fineYou're overpowered anywayYou're fine, you're finePurity of Purpose

The chorus enters the gamer's mindHe accepts that the meta is newHe's forgotten the state of thingsThe back of his mind screams

Log on, log on, to disappointmentWe must fight until we dieAnd the engineer pleads to the Net of ArenaTake back the changesBring us unharmed to adequacy

From the masses emerges a voiceUnheard of elsewhereYou're fine, you're fineYou're overpowered anywayYou're fine, you're finePurity of Purpose

The Net of Arena has worked hardto squeeze the holosmith of powerIt doesn't notice its suffocationBut "balance" knows no mercySo with it's coding the Net of Arenasqueezes the soul from the holosmithWhich takes its place next to the scrapper

You're fine, you're fineYou're overpowered anywayYou're fine, you're finePurity of Purpose

All around me are bitter updates
Worn out engis, worn out skill traitsBright and early for their daily racesGoing nowhere, almost glass bareTheir nerfs are filling up their glassesSuch repression, no expressionHide my head, I want to drown my gadgetsForever tragic, Forever tragic

And I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sadThe builds in which I'm dying are the best I've ever hadI find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to takeWhen anet run in circles it's a very veryMad world, mad world

Archived