Upcoming Warclaw bug fixes/changes

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mounts serve one purpose, traveling faster and "safer", if you remove this, then the whole point of it is ruined. The majority of players are having tons of fun with WvW (myself inculded) now that i can run around and faster to the commander.

So,Trap ok.Dismount skill, make it tops 600 or 900 range and not instant or else it can be abused.Breakbar, i think can cause havoc, no need.

To those that say warclaw has a lot of HP, well that's the point to stay alive more than 1 hit.

@Karnasis.6892 said:

@Joey.2769 said:Isn't there a world boss all you PvE kids need to go farm? Mounts in WvW in this state are trash for the mode.

Or you could just enjoy the shake-up it caused. Super Hardcore WvW'ers are so hard to please.

Nah, he is just sad he can't snipe low levels/players that run back to their comm anymore.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@"Mechanix.9315" said:Thx BenP,

Working on a new mounted skill to dismount other mounted players. This may also dismount yourself. We're still debating that. Feedback welcome.

If you guys thinking in a new skill, rather than adding the behaviour to skill 1, then should be a dismount with range, so you can actually dismount from lets say 1200 range, like a chain, its the only thing that i can think right now in order to not be forced to play longbow soulbeast.

This is the most important change imo, maybe i can get back into game with this change.

Ranged attack is the current plan. Exact range tbd.

Doubling what he said, it needs to have bigger priority, it needs to be long range and strong because right now demounting someone is very hard.

I would also like to add some temporary no-mount debuff to mounting after you die(let's say 30 seconds?). I know you introduced this to make people get back to fights faster, but it makes defending way too strong as people can endless flow back with less penalty, specially if it is a objective near their spawn. Though this might be fixed a bit if there is an actual way to demount people.

@"Vissarion.6509" said:Mounts serve one purpose, traveling faster and "safer", if you remove this, then the whole point of it is ruined. The majority of players are having tons of fun with WvW (myself inculded) now that i can run around and faster to the commander.

So,Trap ok.Dismount skill, make it tops 600 or 900 range and not instant or else it can be abused.Breakbar, i think can cause havoc, no need.

To those that say warclaw has a lot of HP, well that's the point to stay alive more than 1 hit.

@"Joey.2769" said:Isn't there a world boss all you PvE kids need to go farm? Mounts in WvW in this state are trash for the mode.

Or you could just enjoy the shake-up it caused. Super Hardcore WvW'ers are so hard to please.

Nah, he is just sad he can't snipe low levels/players that run back to their comm anymore.

I don't care about sniping individual players. I care about the triple evades and cc immune which makes any choke worthless. I care about the invis bug that makes the game look like a seizure. I care about the amount of server lag due to the mounts. I care about being able to stealth so far away that there is no tell, triple evading into the middle of people and bombing them. These are the issues I care about. Unfortunately we have these sad PvE kids who don't care because now they can "keep up", or even worse after getting one pushed come back to do it again.

@"Karnasis.6892" said:I'm personally in favor of just leaving well enough alone. I get there are folks upset that mounts just make the game unfun for them, but if I'm trying to get to my zerg because I joined a rally or play session late and have to cross half the map, I'd prefer a way that I can without interruptions.

I'm all for fights but for me it's a time and place. Many many times I've been in that late join scenario and suddenly 3/4ths of the way getting to my zerg the first time and bam, thief jumps me out of no where, or a mirage, or literally anything. I've also been in situations where that happened multiple times BEFORE I've wasted 30 or 40 minutes getting to my zerg. Not being forced into combat because I have an 11k hp mount has been a Godsend. And yes I get that roaming has "died" because of mounts but roaming isn't just fights, though it's a good portion of it.

IF this goes through, I don't think 1200 range is healthy, especially if you are playing a build that isn't meant for roaming. I'd be okay if you have to get close as a risk vs reward system, if I have to get close there is a good chance I might take a hit if the opponent is faster than me or anticipating an attack. Like 600 range would be a bit more reasonable imo.

And before I get blasted, I UNDERSTAND how frustrating it is not being able to fight in a game mode designed for fighting, but the mount has made me more interested in WvW than before, as my favorite map is the ever hated DBL, but that map feels so much larger than the alpine (even if it actually isn't) that the mount just feels right there.Still not keen on a forced dismount skill however, but that's my opinion.

Nooooooo. If you're playing a build that isn't made for roaming and are out of position due to mistakes you have made you should be punished for those mistakes. Just like I should be punished as a roamer for wandering too close to groups. In short the vibe I get is you came back because now there is no conflict now and its just zerging from tower to tower in PvE land. However you did at least explain your reasoning which I appreciate. Unlike some of the posts that look like 'Plz no dismount skill is bad idea.'

Edit: Also nice to hear its a long term plan to make the game mode not terrible. /s

I only ask for few simple things:

• Add monuments to Eternal Battlegrounds, that map needs monuments such as Alpine and Desert borders.

• You need to fix Keep's tactics, it is annoying to know that there are people who pull it just to waste it and there is nothing the players can do to avoid it.

• It would be great if one day we could get a Mistforged Warclaw skin one day, but please, make it as achievement reward instead gem store skin.

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:About the chain pull usefulness: We've been considering a couple changes. But not sure when we'll get to it. Unless we do option 1 which is really easy.

1. Easy: Just up the damage
  2. Not as easy: Change it to spend supply up front and try to make it a charged skill. This way we can more easily adjust the damage/supply.

The glaring issues for chain pull are the supply cost, and exclusion (I recall "being inclusive" is a tenet of GW2). Exclusion meaning only 3 people can be active with it, and the supply cost efficiency is something you seem to understand.

If it were me, then I'd drastically reduce the siege damage, and remove the supply cost along with the 3 player cap. Drastic I know, but stay with me here. I promise I'll get to this thing. So instead, because you stated in a stream you don't wish to make rams useless, where was I?

Instead, make the chain pull apply a stacking damage vulnerability (you can cap it if you see fit). That way rams will retain usefulness, and other players can contribute to the stacking effect. In theory! Without the siege damage on pull it would be optimal to mix pvd/rams and chain pull instead of having all doing a singular strategy.

D:

My Call:

1st: Reduce the HP of Warclaw : Solves majority of issues regarding people being unkillable on WarClaw. 5k~6k Health can be taken down by any class burst. People should STILL pay attention to surroundings while mounted. Also no need for dismount skill.

2nd: About the Warclaw "dodge" why doesn't the "leap" work the same way as hearthseeker?I say that because HS is a "leap-not-leap", you can't jump a hole with it since everytime you try to use HS on a hill the character becomes heavier than a rock and sinks at everything. This would solve 99% of the Warclaw leap abuses.Same would be needed for the warclaw mount skill, just in case.

Lastly, people can jump gates with the extra height from dismounting. Perhaps this also needs to be checked?

The only things that actually need fixing are the bugs/exploits, so good to hear y'all are on top of most of those. I will miss the non-exploit uses of that little jump on dismount though. Everything else is fine as it is . . .

That said, all of the proposed changes would also be fine, just a new set of parameters to adapt to. I'm curious as to whether you could elaborate on why there would be debate over whether a dismount skill would also dismount the player using it. What would be the upside to leaving the player that used the skill mounted? Unless you're thinking dismount on use vs. dismount on successful use, which is a debate I could see more easily. I would also question how worthwhile it would be to implement a breakbar. Once you have the dismount skill that pretty much solves that problem. Unless the player that used the dismount skill is still mounted I guess :p

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:Hey all, just wanted to put out a quick note about some upcoming Warclaw changes.

Short-term

• We're working on a fix for the issue where people can get stuck on their mount, and still have their 3 evades and such. There may be more than one bug that causes this, but we think we're getting the most egregious one.
  • We're going to remove the jump on dismount. It's one of the biggest things used to bypass walls/gates and it was faster to remove the jump rather than try to fix each of those individually.
  • Fix to the sitting in box achievement areas so you can mount up in them.

Medium to Long-term

• Working on a dismount trap
  • Working on a new mounted skill to dismount other mounted players. This may also dismount yourself. We're still debating that. Feedback welcome.

Even Longer term

• We're considering adding break-bars to the WvW Mount. It's still a big if, as this will also require UI considerations.

Edit: Added cat box achievement fix.

Sounds great. Looking forward to the planned changes and I'm in favor of the proposed changes. I love it when you keep us updated on stuff like this.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:Hey all, just wanted to put out a quick note about some upcoming Warclaw changes.

Short-term

• We're going to remove the jump on dismount. It's one of the biggest things used to bypass walls/gates and it was faster to remove the jump rather than try to fix each of those individually.Assuming this is only for the Warclaw? And is this only in WvW or will this affect the PvE side of it?

Medium to Long-term

• Working on a dismount trapRadius? Supply cost, so we can give feedback on that?

• Working on a new mounted skill to dismount other mounted players. This may also dismount yourself. We're still debating that. Feedback welcome.Skill should dismount both players without the knockdown and does 0 damage to either, but puts them in combat and remounting should have at least a 15 second cooldown after being hit with this skill including the user and the victim. Also dismounting and remounting normally should not have a cooldown.

Even Longer term

• We're considering adding break-bars to the WvW Mount. It's still a big if, as this will also require UI considerations.Considering the Trap and ability to dismount other players with the new skill. I don't see this being such a big deal. Some classes can already dismount players with a single skill (hammer rev). If anything maybe reduce the HP amount mounts get to like 9k.

Please don't shoot at me, but personally, I would be happy that mounts do not take a too big part in WvW fighting, especially in fight against real enemies. I agree that mounts bring fun and allow to go faster from one location to another, but on the other hand, they also obstruct the view quite badly for example (try to shoot at a cannon from the floor when you are surrounded by mounts...), boons are no more dispatched to team while we are on mounts, and a few other things that are not the point here.

I am part of those - sorry for that - who hope for a fair balance, preventing that we reach a situation where to be on mounts is the only valid way to go. When I read the information about what is coming for mount, and the intention to develop them further, I find it interesting, but on the other hand, it also makes me worry a bit about what could become WvW with mounts taking more and more important role.

Sorry for that. :3

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

Medium to Long-term

• Working on a new mounted skill to dismount other mounted players. This may also dismount yourself. We're still debating that. Feedback welcome.

I forgot to add, this skill should only be available to people in enemy territory, as people in their own territory can easily hunt others down and dismount them. Giving them a clear advantage.

Archived