Why Remove Birds and Slippery Slope?

Quetz.1638

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad they've removed slippery, so I don't have to skip the fractal that comes with it, my static cheers and rejoice upon the removal.

It wasn't challenging, no, it was motion sickness. It's like someone who would get sea sick, it's not something you can "git good" with it when your body just couldn't even adapt.

Casual optional content with slippery fine, I can just simply avoid doing it, just not in fractal.

@Hex.2579 said:i trained at least 1-2 new players each weak for fractals. pugs and lfg are still the same, plenty. just cuz some people quit playing fractals cuz they aren't patient enough to >master them or keep on raging, it doesn't mean the other people don't jump in and play. people who i haven't seen fractals for a long time came back after the introduction >of the new instabilities. so it actually balances the scale.

You know that you can play the content but still hate the instabilities, right?One of my guild members plays fractals daily. More than 1k Cosmic Essences.He still hates Slippery Slope tho. Its not difficult. Its annoying.

@melandru.3876 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@"Pirindolo.9427" said:In my opinion as a player that has been doing fractals for years, insts add nothing but artificial annoyances to fights (like orange circle spam and infinite trash spam do). And birds and slippery slope were on the very top of that annoyance. Difficulty and variety should come from boss mechanics.

Variety from boss mechanics? Like a boss that does different attacks each time you fight him? That is not how a boss is supposed to work. And adding more bosses to the game is no solution either because you will run the "old" fractals more often than not.When you fight against a boss for the 50th time it is just not difficult anymore.Birds and slippery slope were a good way to change how you have to play and move, which is exactly what instabilities are all about.The fight only got harder if you didn't adapt your movement to slippery slope. It was possible to have somewhat precise positioning.

Birds were good way to change the way u play? U mean getting blinded in random moment when u start to burst, and than just burn dodge for it, that should be used on other boss/instab mechanics? I need to admit, that's a rly cool way to make game less boring :)

Indeed it is. You dodge and deliver the damage back to the boss.The lack of endurance just prevents you from relying on your dodgeroll all the time. You might need to sidestep or walk out of some AoE. Or you change your build to get more vigor or use different buff food.With that argumentation they would have to remove "we bleed fire" next because it makes you dodge, too.

No thank you If I don't dodge and get blinded, I could deliver more dps on boss.

and here we have what is wrong

"must stand still and dps boss as if it was a testgolem"

No, must save dodge to avoid boss attacks. Not being blinded randomly messing with my positioning and rotation.Give me a challenge, not annoyance

if only there were classes that give aegis to a group, so said group can facetank.pssst, they allready can!

mesmer shares aegisfb shares aegisdragonhunter shares aegis

howmany skills do you now need to actually dodge (because they are unblockable) i'll give you a hint, really not that much.what are the odds, that in the 1 second timespan having to actually dodge, you get birds TWICE? nihil, because birds are set on a exact interval.

so how exactly does this mess with rotations?

complelty ignnoring the fact that you also have perma vigor(+50% endurance regen) from chrono+druid, and you have a fractal potion that gives another +50% (infinite mist mobility) endurance regen"Each dodge requires 50 endurance, meaning that most characters (who have 100 endurance) can dodge twice in a row; the exception is the thief elite specialization the Daredevil, who has a total of 150 endurance. Endurance regenerates over time, at a base rate of 5% per second and a max rate 10% per second."

50% endurance = 1 dodge10% per 1 second = max endurance regen (pot + vigorr

a dodge every 5 seconds, "birds annoying i never have endurance"

know what to actually dodge, and know what to sidestep then you will alwlays have atleast 1 dodge ready

a clear l2p issue

Which part of'It's annoying, not challenging or hard' you do not understand?

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@"Pirindolo.9427" said:In my opinion as a player that has been doing fractals for years, insts add nothing but artificial annoyances to fights (like orange circle spam and infinite trash spam do). And birds and slippery slope were on the very top of that annoyance. Difficulty and variety should come from boss mechanics.

Variety from boss mechanics? Like a boss that does different attacks each time you fight him? That is not how a boss is supposed to work. And adding more bosses to the game is no solution either because you will run the "old" fractals more often than not.When you fight against a boss for the 50th time it is just not difficult anymore.Birds and slippery slope were a good way to change how you have to play and move, which is exactly what instabilities are all about.The fight only got harder if you didn't adapt your movement to slippery slope. It was possible to have somewhat precise positioning.

Birds were good way to change the way u play? U mean getting blinded in random moment when u start to burst, and than just burn dodge for it, that should be used on other boss/instab mechanics? I need to admit, that's a rly cool way to make game less boring :)

Indeed it is. You dodge and deliver the damage back to the boss.The lack of endurance just prevents you from relying on your dodgeroll all the time. You might need to sidestep or walk out of some AoE. Or you change your build to get more vigor or use different buff food.With that argumentation they would have to remove "we bleed fire" next because it makes you dodge, too.

No thank you If I don't dodge and get blinded, I could deliver more dps on boss.

No, must save dodge to avoid boss attacks. Not being blinded randomly messing with my positioning and rotation.Give me a challenge, not annoyance

if only there were classes that give aegis to a group, so said group can facetank.pssst, they allready can!

howmany skills do you now need to actually dodge (because they are unblockable) i'll give you a hint, really not that much.what are the odds, that in the 1 second timespan having to actually dodge, you get birds TWICE? nihil, because birds are set on a exact interval.

complelty ignnoring the fact that you also have perma vigor(+50% endurance regen) from chrono+druid, and you have a fractal potion that gives another +50% (infinite mist mobility) endurance regen"Each dodge requires 50 endurance, meaning that most characters (who have 100 endurance) can dodge twice in a row; the exception is the thief elite specialization the Daredevil, who has a total of 150 endurance. Endurance regenerates over time, at a base rate of 5% per second and a max rate 10% per second."

know what to actually dodge, and know what to sidestep then you will alwlays have atleast 1 dodge ready

a clear l2p issue

that's an opinio, not a factwhich part of that don't you understand?

is your opinion worth more then mine? because that is what you are trying to make it look like

@melandru.3876 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

a clear l2p issue

is your opinion worth more then mine? because that is what you are trying to make it look like

I was stating my opinion, in case you didn't note.If you find it challenging or/and hard, then ummmh, maybe you have l2p issues?

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

a clear l2p issue

I was stating my opinion, in case you didn't note.If you find it challenging or/and hard, then ummmh, maybe you have l2p issues?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/65503/birds-not-so-angry#latest

@phs.6089 said:How do you deal with those in fracs? Had in T1 Urban for rec today, it keep applying blindness over and over and over and even after it was over I had several misses in fight. Never had misses in Urban.And why they were applying blindness at first place I dunno either

yes you are "so experienced" that you don't even know that there are NO instabs in t1.healing scourge, they call it the ultimate noob carrier for a reason.

skilllvl < amount of nerf this nerf that threads

@melandru.3876 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

a clear l2p issue

@phs.6089 said:How do you deal with those in fracs? Had in T1 Urban for rec today, it keep applying blindness over and over and over and even after it was over I had several misses in fight. Never had misses in Urban.And why they were applying blindness at first place I dunno either

yes you are "so experienced" that you don't even know that there are NO instabs in t1.healing scourge, they call it the ultimate noob carrier for a reason.

And? Did you check the date on it? It was first day birds appeared in fractalsYes I got scourge and made fractals and birds boring? Do you mind?Wasn't that the point of new istabs to promote differences on gameplay?

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

a clear l2p issue

And? Did you check the date on it? It was first day birds appeared in fractals

first day, middle day or last day don't matterthere are NO instabs in t1. instabs start from scale 26+ which means t2

the fact that you don't know this, tells me everything i need to know and now i understand why you threw a tantrum

@melandru.3876 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

a clear l2p issue

first day, middle day or last day don't matterthere are NO instabs in t1. instabs start from scale 25+ which means t2

the fact that you don't know this, tells me everything i need to know and now i understand why you threw a tantrum

What is doe with this convo? I forgot t1 til 19 have no istabs, so what?You think birds made game challenging and hard. I don't poke you eye with it

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

a clear l2p issue

first day, middle day or last day don't matterthere are NO instabs in t1. instabs start from scale 25+ which means t2

What is doe with this convo? I forgot t1 til 19 have no istabs, so what?You think birds made game challenging and hard. I don't poke you eye with it

again, wrong. ENTIRE t1 has NO instabsinstabs start at scale 26.

i'll label you as a troll now.

and they are not hard/challenging they create new aproaches, which is exactly what the purpose of instabilities is. creating new combos to make the players clear the same content over and over again, still "slightly different"i'll also label you as the following type of player (which this guy describe very well)

@"Zenith.7301" said:

You would think years long after Arkk and MAMA/Siax have been released, people would realize how much simpler it is to do the kitten mechanic instead of flipping out because the DPS failed to solo kill the anomaly or the healer didn't heal through the adds on Artsariv during boon overload+afflicted week.

DPS bringing no CC or stability for MAMA/Skorvald when it's obvious there's no quickbrand or the one quickbrand there is not applying stability, swap one of those DPS utilities that give a marginal DPS increase (like mantra or pain on power chrono being swapped by mantra of concentration).

Druids refusing to use healing spring over signet heal during afflicted week or DPS refusing to help out on afflicted fractals with high mob density not bringing their own condi cleanse. Refusing to use traited elite spirit for stability on final Chaos Isles boss or Skorvald last phase or MAMA last phase, etc.

DPS failing to swap in reflect for we bleed fire week, etc.

This game has issues with people constantly trying to brute force an encounter through DPS and failing at it and instead of adjusting their play to do mechanics they can't skip through, throw a tantrum and leaving.because from all you ever wrote was "i will stop dps boss if i do this/that"you adapt to zero

@melandru.3876 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

a clear l2p issue

again, wrong. ENTIRE t1 has NO instabsinstabs start at scale 26.Lol, try to do 25 with no AR and see how you going down.AR starts from 20

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

a clear l2p issue

again, wrong. ENTIRE t1 has NO instabsinstabs start at scale 26.Lol, try to do 25 with no AR and see how you going down.AR starts from 20

instabilities = not the same as agony resistancedid i really have to tell you that??????you were moaning about birds, which is a clear instability. which also says so in your own post, in t1 urban which is simply not trueyou are not experienced at all, from what i see and read you just made it into t3

@melandru.3876 said:

@melandru.3876 said:because the game is getting more and more casual.

something to hard? no worries you don't have to improve/adapt!head to the forum, throw a rant and have patience.

Maybe you are one of those players that run CM's naked, and solo. Following your same reasoning, equipment, gear, food, team mates... that's all for weak players.

you are trying to make fun of me, but the joke is on youyoutube "100cm solo" by fractal spoon, that's right: skorvald, artsaariv AND arkk all solo, on 100cm

meanwhile baddies have issues with 81 very first phase, can't even open a freaking door

nice try tho

See? If you are one of those players (which doesn't change anything), you opinion is representative of those players. Maybe the 0.00000001% of the playerbase?No jokes at all.

@Pirindolo.9427 said:

@melandru.3876 said:because the game is getting more and more casual.

something to hard? no worries you don't have to improve/adapt!head to the forum, throw a rant and have patience.

Maybe you are one of those players that run CM's naked, and solo. Following your same reasoning, equipment, gear, food, team mates... that's all for weak players.

you are trying to make fun of me, but the joke is on youyoutube "100cm solo" by fractal spoon, that's right: skorvald, artsaariv AND arkk all solo, on 100cm

meanwhile baddies have issues with 81 very first phase, can't even open a freaking door

nice try tho

See? If you are one of those players (which doesn't change anything), you opinion is representative of those players. Maybe the 0.00000001% of the playerbase?No jokes at all.

you do have a point now, but please look at all posts above your most recent one( the one i quote now) a random guy that has zero clue and experience yet here complaining

that is the type who will make thread after thread untill something is brought down to his skill-ceiling.is that healthy for the game? no, not at all

@melandru.3876 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

a clear l2p issue

instabilities = not the same as agony resistancedid i really have to tell you that??????you were moaning about birds, which is a clear instability. which also says so in your own post, in t1 urban which is simply not trueyou are not experienced at all, from what i see and read you just made it into t3

Ah you are right I got mixed up here. Still don't see your point.If all you wanan say that you have more expirice in fratals then me, go ahed. I'm not gonna keep continue this.As you can see instabs were removed, meaning not only me but alot of players were finding them annoying and Anet after initial tests and logs removed them.So its wherever makes you happy.

I was helping in t3 REC that day btw, hence you are not wrong I took scourge to carry noobs

X3ioJWj.jpg

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/871459/#Comment_871459

Seems like a legit answer, but hey, people today seem to need to always be outraged about something, so no matter how much fact or reason you throw their way, only the outrage matters.

EDIT: and ill leave this here, in case someone doesn't understand the point I'm trying to make - https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Benjamin_Arnold

Archived