Updated Upcoming Warclaw bug fixes/changes

@"oOStaticOo.9467" said:Just learn how to play with it and adjust to it. It's not that hard.

NoPeople who say this are extremely short sited.

What if Anet decided to give everyone a maximum health pool of 100hp? People would rightfully criticize it, because it would be a ludicrous decision. They'd point out all the things they didn't like and explain how it would make the game worse. But guess what, the same logic you just used would be applicable.

jUsT aDaPt.

If you have genuine arguments that explain why you think mounts are not the most broken thing in the game, then you should explain those reasons, and articulate why you disagree with many of us. But people who just spout "adapt" and "adjust" in order to shout down criticism of the game do nothing but harm, and allow an atmosphere of complacency which encourages even more terrible choices to be made for the game down the line.

Criticism is good. People who spout aDaPt have nothing at all to add to any discussion. So please spare us.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"trixantea.1230" said:By the way, there is a small bug I have noticed when I was doing WvW dailies: Finishing an enemy with the Warcralw's skill 1 (Superior Battle Maul in my case) does not count towards the daily achievemnt "WvW Invasion Defender" while it still count for "Fatal Fangs" achievement. Hoping for a fix Soon™, thanks.

Because you were never in combat with the enemy, same as you didn't het loot

If they did IT the other way around, damage was applied first, so people able to spike finish half a group (the enemy can die without downstate because of damage>finish).

Turning this around was about the first patch

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@"trixantea.1230" said:By the way, there is a small bug I have noticed when I was doing WvW dailies: Finishing an enemy with the Warcralw's skill 1 (Superior Battle Maul in my case) does not count towards the daily achievemnt "WvW Invasion Defender" while it still count for "Fatal Fangs" achievement. Hoping for a fix Soon™, thanks.

Because you were never in combat with the enemy, same as you didn't het loot

If they did IT the other way around, damage was applied first, so people able to spike finish half a group (the enemy can die without downstate because of damage>finish).

Turning this around was about the first patch

This is not very logical. Couldn't they simply make it work the same way the "Fatal Fangs" does? This achievement still triggers when you kill an opponent with warclaw 1 if you were not in combat with the target.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@oOStaticOo.9467 said:Just stop. It's not as bad as you are saying it is. So tired of all this whining about Mount in WvW and how it's now a dead game. Just learn how to play with it and adjust to it. It's not that hard.

Its actually pretty good.

I can easily spend an hour tapping a keep and forcing people to chase me for fun. No one dies but its still fun dodging trebs and cannons around an enemy keep.

I have a 100% win rate in my fights because I can chose to only attack people that I hard counter or people with a rank below silver. Im ranked 3k plus for wvw via roaming only and im just over 300 ranks in PvP. Its never a fair fight.

I can run with enemy zergs and create chaos as half try to dismount me and the the other half continue running with the tag.

I can find some roamers and put them in combat while I stay mounted then keep them in tether distance until a zerg I called rolled over the 2 of them.

I can safely stomp people who are duelling.

I can run around the inside of an enemy keep without worrying about my death.

I can sit around with 5 mounted players ready to herd a single player into death as if we are cowboys and they are cattle.

If someone is taking my camp, doesnt matter if I die 3 times because each time I made it back before they finished capping.

Some might say this is destroying the game mode, others say this is what anets vision is and to just adapt. It really depends on whos commenting.

Jesus you literally laid out what i mean when i tell poeple that whenever i join WvW i just get caught in cancerous situations because of the mount and quit again for a week, literally this.

• 2 weeks later...

While we are waiting for the dismount skills, a short term fix would be to reduce the evades from 3 to 1.I've been a strong supporter of mounts because it was to a Necro, water in the desert borderlands.Suddenly we could fly like a Thief.

And I felt safe.

But that WORD.

Safe.

That feeling of being safe while running around in an open world PvP map struck me like a blow.I do not know how other highly mobile and stealthy classes feel roaming around in WvW, if they felt safe.But safe was a feeling that feels wrong to a Necro, and feels wrong in a PvP environment.

Suddenly I didn't need to look behind my back...I didn't need to look at the map to avoid defenders...I didn't need to fight to the death...

This...this feels wrong...The sense of danger...is gone...

Mounts can remain as a mobility tool, as a pseudo gate ram, as a temporary watchtower...

But before or even after the dismount skills are introduced, perhaps the evades need to be reduced to 1.Or, removed totally.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:While we are waiting for the dismount skills, a short term fix would be to reduce the evades from 3 to 1.I've been a strong supporter of mounts because it was to a Necro, water in the desert borderlands.Suddenly we could fly like a Thief.

And I felt safe.

But that WORD.

Safe.

That feeling of being safe while running around in an open world PvP map struck me like a blow.I do not know how other highly mobile and stealthy classes feel roaming around in WvW, if they felt safe.But safe was a feeling that feels wrong to a Necro, and feels wrong in a PvP environment.

Suddenly I didn't need to look behind my back...I didn't need to look at the map to avoid defenders...I didn't need to fight to the death...

This...this feels wrong...The sense of danger...is gone...

Mounts can remain as a mobility tool, as a pseudo gate ram, as a temporary watchtower...

But before or even after the dismount skills are introduced, perhaps the evades need to be reduced to 1.Or, removed totally.Changing it from 3 dodges to 1 dodge is presumably just as impossibly complicated as changing it from 10K hitpoints to 3K hitpoints.

@EremiteAngel.9765

WvW IS NOT open World pvp. If you enjoy jumping at non-dps build roamers feeling unsafe, you are playing the wrong mode. Try GvG or PvP. Please don't try to turm WvW into another PvP mode.

Again, not every player or roamer likes to engage in a one to one fight. There is a pvp mode for that.

Do you not know? There are many support/ healer players in WvW, unless your sole purpose of nerfing the mount to oblivion is to cripple or for easy jump kills on these players? The Warclaw has already been hit by so many unnecessary nerfs. More and more toxic nerfs calls are coming in when ANet has already beaten the mount to half dead. The mount is not op or broken. Learn to adjust and adapt if you really like WvW.

Warclaw is for support players too, not just dpsers/gankers. PvP is more for players who likes one on one fight unless you are not up to it against a real pvper.

@Mil.3562 said:@EremiteAngel.9765

WvW IS NOT open World pvp. If you enjoy jumping at non-dps build roamers feeling unsafe, you are playing the wrong mode. Try GvG or PvP. Please don't try to turm WvW into another PvP mode.

Again, not every player or roamer likes to engage in a one to one fight. There is a pvp mode for that.

Do you not know? There are many support/ healer players in WvW, unless your sole purpose of nerfing the mount to oblivion is to cripple or for easy jump kills on these players? The Warclaw has already been hit by so many unnecessary nerfs. More and more toxic nerfs calls are coming in when ANet has already beaten the mount to half dead. The mount is not op or broken. Learn to adjust and adapt if you really like WvW.

Warclaw is for support players too, not just dpsers/gankers. PvP is more for players who likes one on one fight unless you are not up to it against a real pvper.

Youre right it's not open world pvp... anymore.

It was for 6 or more years.... but not anymore. We must embrace the orr... queensdale... erm, sorry... the World vs tower lord Karma train!

@sephiroth.4217 said:

WvW IS NOT open World pvp. If you enjoy
jumping at non-dps build roamers
feeling unsafe, you are playing the wrong mode. Try GvG or PvP. Please don't try to turm WvW into another PvP mode.

It was for 6 or more years.... but not anymore. We must embrace the orr... queensdale... erm, sorry... the World vs tower lord Karma train!

Just sad this, i used to love this game.

@Anput.4620 said:

WvW IS NOT open World pvp. If you enjoy
jumping at non-dps build roamers
feeling unsafe, you are playing the wrong mode. Try GvG or PvP. Please don't try to turm WvW into another PvP mode.

Just sad this, i used to love this game.

I think quite a lot of us did.

The real sad part is comments like this

@Mil.3562 said:Please don't try to turm WvW into another PvP mode.

And what makes it even worse is that anet took a dump on the players who kept that game mode alive for 6 years to cater to this nonsense.

We supported the game mode and Anet through thick and thin and this is thier way of saying thanks.

From a roamer/havoc stand point, the Warclaw really feels like it forces almost all action into big zergs. People are able to move around so fast on the mounts and they can just chase a single person down with 30 people. Part of the problem is that the mechanics overall(warclaw included) invite mega zergs. They dont really get gfs and people become rabid freaks who just squirrel after one person.

There are some interesting mechanics when you use the warclaw offensively but ultimately it feels like it just forces play into a ktrain-blackgate meta and makes the bigger server stronger by default.

Players moving across maps so quickly IS a problem for this mode.

This mode needs to reward skilled players for being able to make good plays with normal classes, not cheese classes. The dismount action will be important but over all the immune to cc is a real problem. The immune to cc feels like a cheese mechanic.

Currently skill 2/3 are not really necessary but if you add anything to skill 2 it will become way op.

Being a roamer, I notice that people get way more salty when being killed by a condi thief/condi mesmer class but they are much less salty when killed by a warrior/guard/rev. Something to consider. Many people dont like to play against builds that carry noskill players.

To see some of the interesting capabilities of the Warclaw and discussion of the skills, please watch this video:

@"sauceboss.3254" said:From a roamer/havoc stand point, the Warclaw really feels like it forces almost all action into big zergs. People are able to move around so fast on the mounts and they can just chase a single person down with 30 people. Part of the problem is that the mechanics overall(warclaw included) invite mega zergs. They dont really get gfs and people become rabid freaks who just squirrel after one person.

There are some interesting mechanics when you use the warclaw offensively but ultimately it feels like it just forces play into a ktrain-blackgate meta and makes the bigger server stronger by default.

Players moving across maps so quickly IS a problem for this mode.

This mode needs to reward skilled players for being able to make good plays with normal classes, not cheese classes. The dismount action will be important but over all the immune to cc is a real problem. The immune to cc feels like a cheese mechanic.

Currently skill 2/3 are not really necessary but if you add anything to skill 2 it will become way op.

Being a roamer, I notice that people get way more salty when being killed by a condi thief/condi mesmer class but they are much less salty when killed by a warrior/guard/rev. Something to consider. Many people dont like to play against builds that carry noskill players.

To see some of the interesting capabilities of the Warclaw and discussion of the skills, please watch this video:

Beautiful gameplay hehe.

@"Mechanix.9315" said:Remember when people used to get fights in even numbers instead running away on mount?

i remember i might be too old already

I don't remember anything different from now and I'm here since the pre-start of the game. It has always been a "choose your fight" environment. It mostly has been a ganking environment. I can't count how many 1v1 I tried and how often it ended up a 3v1 or 1v4 in or against my favor.It never was the game that created the problem. It was and is always the ego of the players and the options the game gives you to inflate your ego (play permastealth thief / condi mirage for a win streak).The whole mindset always was "losing means you suck" and that mindset ends in "If I run, I can't lose, so I'm a great player" and in "let's play the cheesiest build around.

If the tears from "so called - roamers" on this forums could be made into copper I'd be rich right now.

• 3 months later...