Thank you Anet for being more transparent with future developments

While i understand how holding big announcements close to your chest is great for marketing on such things as story or massive world updates, iv always thought that things like quality of life updates should be brought up in discussion, to at least know if its a worthwhile idea, or whether it can be done , or if its gonna be on a long hiatus, finally knowing you have plans in the future even if those plans could change, be scrapped or take months or years to implement is basically xmas for me, after nearly 7 years of play, its difficult to look forward to much outside of new episodes, and even just knowing that build templates will even be a thing, has just made the game larger for me than it has been in years, and im super excited about it, and it just makes me even more excited about the future of both GW2 and for Anet.

Thanks guys :)

Im mostly excited on the news that the raid will get its own release. For the longest time i found their need to bundle up erything unhealthy for the game. As well as them looking to expand the content in existing maps rather than to add another one through lvl which is also a welcomed change in my book ( as someone who things se2 had the best format)

There needs to be a constant stream of new stuff even if it not all for everyone, its better for the outside world to hear of gw2 more often than once every 3 months.

Also happy to see they are actually working on build templates and that balance team is getting a buff.

Kinda sad tho that there wasnt a word on more content like raids comming out more often than once a year and 3 fractal per year which i find realistic as a goal.

Edit: really hope the current events team is here to stay this time, theor contribution to the health of the game is invalueable imo.

What's Next announcement

Few highlights"We also have our sights set on a few features that have already been in development for some time. Please understand that these are all works in progress, so details can change between here and the final version, and we don’t have a timeline for the release of any of these. These features will ship when they are ready."

"Over the past few months, astute players have been noticing a trend of updates and improvements to how our skill-slotting system works and have accurately speculated that the long-requested feature of build templates is in the works."

"Swiss tournament support is the next major feature the sPvP team is working on. This feature will be utilized by our structured tournaments moving forward."

I am also excited to see the next episode and raid wing separated, as that line of thinking will benefit them more. Better to have two smaller updates over two months then a big one in one month and near total silence for one month.

All in all, I feel very reassured my favorite game isn’t going anywhere. This would have been a great time to confirm that another expansion is still happening after season 5 though. I’m assuming that’s one of their new teams under their new structure

@Fenom.9457 said:I am also excited to see the next episode and raid wing separated, as that line of thinking will benefit them more. Better to have two smaller updates over two months then a big one in one month and near total silence for one month.

All in all, I feel very reassured my favorite game isn’t going anywhere. This would have been a great time to confirm that another expansion is still happening after season 5 though. I’m assuming that’s one of their new teams under their new structure

Agreed, but I'm guessing baby steps are in order now after the restructuring. They'll need to clean up what was already on the board for release first.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:I am also excited to see the next episode and raid wing separated, as that line of thinking will benefit them more. Better to have two smaller updates over two months then a big one in one month and near total silence for one month.

Agreed, but I'm guessing baby steps are in order now after the restructuring. They'll need to clean up what was already on the board for release first.

Yeah, which means season 5 will be good news for them as it gives them twice as long to make an expansion.

@Fenom.9457 said:

Yeah, which means season 5 will be good news for them as it gives them twice as long to make an expansion.

Hmmm.. let's not get to carried away, I still see no long term plan for the game so breath is definitely not being held here.

+1 That was a good post. Level of detail was enough to create some excitement without it being hype and knowing some of the things in works allows the players to spread the word to others that might not be in game currently of what's coming up down the road. +1 from, another +1 for it being posted to the website versus a reddit that people need to discover side ways.

So much transparency that info on one of the main points people were asking them about (expac) was not given outright, but has to be derived from other things they said (and didn't say). Riiiight.

Yeah, i know, telling us outright there won't be any new expacs is probably not a good PR, but trying to avoid that point only undermines the whole "transparent communication" idea. You cannot be transparent, if you keep avoiding mentioning major issues.

Archived