Is there a DE Rifle PvP montage?

Keyang.3729

I really wanna make this rifle thing work, can someone help me out with a video or something working with it?

Playing Daredevil was cake, swapped to rifle coz i loved the concept, but the experience is horrible

After a while, i went from insta melt when focused to stealthed up useless, seriously i cant make it work in plat, im in gold now

I need some help, HALP

I think ive run any trait combo imaginable, currently at CS, SA, DE

There's a few from the beta.

This guy isn't my favorite example. He's not really aggressive with an assassin build. And most of the time it looks like he's killing people who's already downed. And the few times he does engage, he could have secured the kill but ran.

This one is hilarious, and I love it. This actually inspired me to firesquad with four others in WvW. We've actually successfully defended a camp and a fort against a zerg using a bunch of traps and a crap load of damage.

I doubt we are going to see much of Deadeye montages for a while, too many people claim it sucks for reasons that is simply L2P most of the time. But a few are warranted.

@Keyang.3729 said:now pressing 3 on rifle can only do half that damage

16% less damage. Half that damage would imply it was a 50% damage reduction. Mathmatically speaking. If you were to use an attack before it was nerfed 4 times. And then that attack got reduced by 16% damage per instance of the attack. Then the total damage is still just 16% less of the total for the pre-nerfed 4 attacks. If you want to test this yourself, you can use a calculator and for simplicity, just use the number 100.

Spamming 3 still hurts. But you can't expect to kill someone with it. Pressing three once, Press 2, auto once, and DJ's on the other hand... tends to just blow people up.

@nacario.9417 said:U should try p/p instead, here u can even stealth with p5 into sb2 like a daredevil. U also have more mobility, i suggest roll for ini, prec sigil, shadowstep

yeah i know the p/p is strong :) but i wanna try to stick with rifle

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:

16% less damage. Half that damage would imply it was a 50% damage reduction. Mathmatically speaking. If you were to use an attack before it was nerfed 4 times. And then that attack got reduced by 16% damage per instance of the attack. Then the total damage is still just 16% less of the total for the pre-nerfed 4 attacks. If you want to test this yourself, you can use a calculator and for simplicity, just use the number 100.

Spamming 3 still hurts. But you can't expect to kill someone with it. Pressing three once, Press 2, auto once, and DJ's on the other hand... tends to just blow people up.

What do you use on weapon swap? Sb? Or a some melee weapon?

@Keyang.3729 said:

@nacario.9417 said:U should try p/p instead, here u can even stealth with p5 into sb2 like a daredevil. U also have more mobility, i suggest roll for ini, prec sigil, shadowstep

yeah i know the p/p is strong :) but i wanna try to stick with rifle

What do you use on weapon swap? Sb? Or a some melee weapon?

Weapon swaps, what ever I generally feel like. I'm an odd person. Even though D/P is arguably the best melee set for thief, I don't use it. Dual Daggers, Sword Dagger, Sword Pistol, what ever is fun to me.

@Urejt.5648 said:deadeye rifle is trash in pvp. I wouldnt expect good monetages. Hopefully they buff autoatack dmg.

Are you saying it is trash from your experience?Saying it is trash without testing it?Or saying it is trash because someone else said it was trash?

Opinions for Deadeye at multiple ELOs in PvP are mixed. Some people in High ELOs say it is pretty damn scary, Some say it is hit and miss due to setup time, very few say it is useless. Outside of minor tweaks, it is a serious playstyle difference that needs to be learned.

Archived