Overspam of EVERYTHING

ZeftheWicked.3076

Tons of boons, loads of condies, crapload of cc, more aoes in middle then ppl in china...it's a fucking nightmare.

Corrupting a boon at right time means nothing - it gets applies in split second again (hi spellbreakers and your resistance).Cleansing a full condi bomb means nothing - give it 2s and you get every condi in the book on you save maybe taunt. If you're lucky.Want to wait out mid capture point aoe circle spam and then dive in? You're gonna wait a looooong time then...

Everything has gone so over the top that there's nearly 0 rewards for making the right call at the right time.Before PoF i played my own core necro power build. The few corrupts i had on it weren't much, but when you landed one it mattered.When i cleansed a condition bomb it mattered. It also mattered how i cleansed it. Versus burn guards well of power was way more valuable then consume conditions for example.

But now it's a freaking termonuclear furnace where only the spellbreakers survive, and everything else either dies in seconds or stays way away from capture point trying to snipe up some downtime from eternal red circles of death on capture point.

I'm not the best player out there, hell i'm shit compared to most probably. But there's only so much i can process before i get melted in 3 seconds and right here, right now there's too much of that. Maybe it's my brain being defunct, but I'd expect less spam and more meaningful skill casts in my pvp experience...

@Abelisk.4527 said:If you don't want CC to be as nearly a big issue then play Mesmer! My Chrono bunk build has semi-perma Stability (Chaos/Insp/Chrono) and Mirage has stun break on dodge.

You know, seeing as i'm getting really bitter with my necromancer in spvp, and already got 4 legendary armor pieces on him, i might just follow your advice..

Here lies the problem:

"ArenaNet want Guild Wars 2 combat to be "more like a first person shooter""

"With player positioning playing such an important role in combat, player mobility is even more important. Arrows can be dodged, double tapping on a key will cause your character to roll, and spells can be cast on the move. Peters says Arenanet's aim is to "create a combat system that is more like a first person shooter where finding real cover, flanking and other more realistic fighting techniques find a lot more use."

"In a first person shooter there can be a variety of weapons, from sniper rifles to rocket launchers to machine guns and shotguns. No one looks at these weapons and says, “They're all the same, they all just do DPS.” Why should an MMO be any different?"

http://www.pcgamer.com/arenanet-want-guild-wars-2-combat-to-be-more-like-a-first-person-shooter/

The problem with this is:, treating Guild Wars 2 as a fps game destroys any chance of balance. Having The One Best Build For Everything is rooted with Bad Design in resulting the game being fundamentally flawed.

"It’s sort of like GW2 is aimed at people who want to play the game without even looking at the screen so they don’t have to keep track of position, activation usage, teammate status, enemy phases, etc… It’s all stand and spam and occasionally dodge which is pretty repetitive and unimpressive"

Guild Wars 2 is doomed to fail and with Anet allowing Bad Design mechanics+skills to be spammable: increases Guild Wars 2 short comings.

Lol last I checked GW2's PvE side and community is thriving. So I doubt GW2's is doomed to fail anytime in the near future. It's PvP and WvW game modes may fail.

But what PvP and WvW players fail to realize even pooling their population pools together. They still would only contribute a fraction of population that the PvE community has.

Also this is clearly a highly PvE oriented game. With PvE at is it's highest and maybe only true focus. PvP and WvW are just side game modes to be thrown away into the wind at no consequence to ANet.

@"Reaper Alim.4176" said:Lol last I checked GW2's PvE side and community is thriving. So I doubt GW2's is doomed to fail anytime in the near future. It's PvP and WvW game modes may fail.

But what PvP and WvW players fail to realize even pooling their population pools together. They still would only contribute a fraction of population that the PvE community has.

Also this is clearly a highly PvE oriented game. With PvE at is it's highest and maybe only true focus. PvP and WvW are just side game modes to be thrown away into the wind at no consequence to ANet.

If that's the case, Anet should be honest with pvp +wvw players, accept the lost, and to finally put those two fail game modes to its final rest. It is Anet Responsibility to be tell the truth, No Matter What!!, Lastly, No customers deserve to be thrown away into the wind, it will only enrage them more resulting in more loss for for any potential new customers in taking their business seriously. Social media is their greatest weapon and will use it to spread their negative experiences everywhere like wildfire.

"Not being honest from the get go and telling the customer what is and what’s not, won’t play in your favor in the long run"

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:Lol last I checked GW2's PvE side and community is thriving. So I doubt GW2's is doomed to fail anytime in the near future. It's PvP and WvW game modes may fail.

If that's the case, Anet should be honest with pvp +wvw players, accept the lost, and to finally put those two fail game modes to its final rest. It is Anet Responsibility to be tell the truth, No Matter What!!, Lastly, No customers deserve to be thrown away into the wind, it will only enrage them more resulting in more loss for the company. Social media is their greatest weapon and they will use it!!

Lol, wut? As a business ANet don't have to say anything that can damage it's bottomline.

Why would ANet just accept the lost prematurely? When they can easily farm PvP and WvW players for the coming years. For the little money they are willing to put into this game. While not doing much for either mode but have them running.

When was the last time a corporation ever told the truth about their product?

Also if higher headquarters damn it's acceptable to throw it's PvP and WvW customers to the wind. Nothing any group of people on social media, can do to change their minds.

If you think any other way about the situation. Then I truely feel sorry for you. That you can't simply comprehend how this world currently works. Min-Maxing profits at all costs regardless of a moral compass, that has been completely thrown out of the window since 2010. WvW and PvP are simply not worth any meaningful effort from ANet. As the return from effort is more than likely crap.

This game wasn't PvE oriented at all for years. They just completely abandonned any PvP (or world vs world) since the huge loss for their tournament.

I can't say enough, give us back GW1 PvP it was 500x better and funnier. Give us a mode where death has a huge impact and you really carefully plan your moves, helping downed allies and coordinating efforts. This really atrocious capture the points gamemode is really stupid and creates by default huge imbalance in the meta. All builds with absurdly high mobility or very good at controlling a point are by nature over-powered. Scourge are clearly the kings at controlling the map at the moment while Spellbreakers are a bit less threatening to do that job but also have great mobility (and other huge blatent balance flaws that a blind monkey would spot).

Give us a proper 5v5 with no automatic ressurection and the winning team stays as a team and chain maps until they lose. In GW1 it was so much fun and I played the game for years just because of how simple but exciting it was. Conquest has always been a bad idea and the big success of the deathmatch despite the map being boring was a proof of Conquest being a problem.

As for the main topic yes it's way too spammy and the power creep is a bit too high (again, I mean Dragonslayers were living gods at HoT launch in PvP) but I really think changing gamemode would help a bit, on top of very obvious balance necessities.

@Burnfall.9573 said:Here lies the problem:

"ArenaNet want Guild Wars 2 combat to be "more like a first person shooter""

"With player positioning playing such an important role in combat, player mobility is even more important. Arrows can be dodged, double tapping on a key will cause your character to roll, and spells can be cast on the move. Peters says Arenanet's aim is to "create a combat system that is more like a first person shooter where finding real cover, flanking and other more realistic fighting techniques find a lot more use."

"In a first person shooter there can be a variety of weapons, from sniper rifles to rocket launchers to machine guns and shotguns. No one looks at these weapons and says, “They're all the same, they all just do DPS.” Why should an MMO be any different?"

http://www.pcgamer.com/arenanet-want-guild-wars-2-combat-to-be-more-like-a-first-person-shooter/

The problem with this is:, treating Guild Wars 2 as a fps game destroys any chance of balance. Having The One Best Build For Everything is rooted with Bad Design in resulting the game being fundamentally flawed.

"It’s sort of like GW2 is aimed at people who want to play the game without even looking at the screen so they don’t have to keep track of position, activation usage, teammate status, enemy phases, etc… It’s all stand and spam and occasionally dodge which is pretty repetitive and unimpressive"

Guild Wars 2 is doomed to fail and with Anet allowing Bad Design mechanics+skills to be spammable: increases Guild Wars 2 short comings.

Is, is this a real interview?

Is this for real?

Ever tried firebrand? It's a great way to bellyflop a point, using mantras and tome of resolve/courage to get lots of on demand stab (don't use contemplation of purity in a scourge game tho) and condi clear, at least for a while until you have to pull out again. I'd say that there are some classes more suited to being right in the thick of the mess than others. I get that people want every class to be able to fill every role, but I'm just making a suggestion for you to play in the meantime.

The only suggestion to survive this mess is to play Spellbreakers. I climbed up to Platinum rank by some sort of mumbo jumbo magic and now in all my games at least 60% of characters are Scourge or Spellbreakers. 99% of the time it's 2 Spellbreakers and 1 Scourge per team (sometimes the opposite). SOOOO fun really.

Once upon a time very few skills could corrupt boons, now there are tons of skills that corrupt boons and some are aoe.

Same goes for blocks and unblockable. I feel that years ago there was way less blocks and reflects and way less unblockable skills.

Instead of reducing one problem, they create a new one trying to fix it.

Archived