SAB Weapon Purchase Warning

I enjoyed this year's SAB event, but I misspent 70 bauble bubbles and 15 crimson assassin tokens on weapons/skins I already had from last year. Other players said I would see a warning on items I already had and I would know not to purchase them again, so I proceeded to buy stuff and later found out I already possessed those items and a warning never appeared. It seems like it would be helpful to have warnings like we do for recipes "You already know this recipe!" so people like me don't re-purchase items using hard earned currencies, especially like these once-a-year events.

While a bit off topic, if something is account bound and is a weapon or skin, it should just not be offered for sale it it has been unlocked. If made that same mistake once of twice for other things (the pact agents come to mind). However, there are certain things where you can only buy it once, so that ability in the game does exist. I suppose people would then say there is a bug that merchant X is not selling much today or something. Though maybe instead of disappearing, it just displays an overstriked name.

@"Seraph.5831" said:I enjoyed this year's SAB event, but I misspent 70 bauble bubbles and 15 crimson assassin tokens on weapons/skins I already had from last year. Other players said I would see a warning on items I already had and I would know not to purchase them again, so I proceeded to buy stuff and later found out I already possessed those items and a warning never appeared. It seems like it would be helpful to have warnings like we do for recipes "You already know this recipe!" so people like me don't re-purchase items using hard earned currencies, especially like these once-a-year events.

It does. There's a clear tag on each item mouse-over it that says "Skin Locked" in grey or "Skin Unlocked" in white. What it doesn't say is "Are you sure you want to buy this?" in red after you ask to purchase the item, like the truly redundant Gem Store items, such as Gliders or Mount skins.

Pay closer attention next time.

Thank you. I didn't notice that message on the item. I agree that other items do have warnings and double-check with the purchaser. I think that is why this was not easy to notice. There are many ways the purchased items are handled in this game and I didn't see the gray or white text. I can't guarantee I will "pay closer attention next time," but I will remember this tip for this situation.

You will find that with almost all items that are usable in part as a duplicate there is no big red warning message but only the indication if the skin is unlocked or not. You can still use those skins you bought to reskin weapons without using transmutation charges, which isn't worth it for many players, but some do value their charges higher than the cost of bauble bubbles.

Similar example: I spent about a million karma in Siren's Landing the other night buying ascended back pieces solely to get their skins for a collection. I knew I already had two of the five, so I had to check carefully at each vendor if the skin is unlocked or not. Since they are usable even if it's a duplicate skin, they didn't have a big red warning sign, but only the grey/white skin unlock indicator. It would've hurt me if I had accidentally bought a duplicate, as I have way more ascended back items than characters, but I still think a red warning message is uncalled for in this case (unlike recipes that you really can't use once you've got them unlocked).

@"Seraph.5831" said:I enjoyed this year's SAB event, but I misspent 70 bauble bubbles and 15 crimson assassin tokens on weapons/skins I already had from last year. Other players said I would see a warning on items I already had and I would know not to purchase them again, so I proceeded to buy stuff and later found out I already possessed those items and a warning never appeared.

It says "You already have this skin unlocked!" (or something along the lines) in red letters when you hover over the item in a vendor's purchase window. Has been this way all over Tyria for ages. There is no "pop-up warning", if that's what you were looking for. Also, skins are repurchaseable for a reason: they are free to apply that way, without using up Transmutation Charges.