Balance Changes Upcoming

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@Zenith.7301 said:Glad to see more PvP centric garbage changes dictating the direction of balance in this game.

It wasn't enough that power herald and reaper are about 30%+ behind the top power DPS specs in PvE, but you needed to divert your attention to revamping power warrior and daredevil, two of the meta specs. Obviously for PvP reasons, since we've established you only do inane token changes for PvE.

Then the poorly thought out nerfs to druid keep rolling in. It's not enough that renegade+firebrand completely outclass druid/chrono in PvE in healing, damage output, and boon provision, but you've felt it necessary to make the druid spec more like the healing elementalist specs (a pure healer with decreasing offensive utility) which is precisely what leaves healing elementalist specs irrelevant to begin with compared to support specs which boost the offensive performances of a group.

It's too bad the structural changes going on at Anet didn't happen to class development, because you alone are to blame for the dwindling raid and instanced PvE scene given your atrocious balance gimmicks which don't address the NUMERICAL DISPARITIES that are so vast across specs and which you refuse to bridge for some reason, instead choosing to implement strange changes to niche traits as if they were some solution.

Take the revenant changes. How in hell does 25 more energy help a power revenant compensate for their abysmal numbers? They already swap legends on cooldown and at best it's 3 seconds of extra impossible odds, which does absolutely nothing. POWER REVENANT ISSUES ARE ITS ABYSMAL SKILL NUMBERS, FIX THEM. Making the core spec have some worthless 5 unblockable attacks in PvE in shiro will change nothing; a 30% buff across the board to its skills in PvE only WILL. Same goes for reaper.

But who am I kidding, it's always this PvP/WVW first, PvE later garbage design for the past 5+ years. No wonder people have flocked away from the game when you show them what formats truly capture the attention of your developers.

Is this satire? If this is a PvP centered balance patch, it is one of the most misdirected patches ever, this does absolute nothing about any of the obvious problems in PvP balance.

Let's see, scepter nerfs on mesmer (because they were so good in PvE, NOT), ventari buffs (because it was struggling in PvE clearly, yes this is sarcasm), daredevil steal change for no reason whatsoever alongside those "offsets", a berzerker warrior revamp that wasn't even needed because condi zerker was a functional meta build in PvE.

No significant PvE buff for power herald or reaper, because those specs get cried about in PvP. More druid nerfs, because the babies in WvW are complaining about druid roamers alongside soulbeasts. And a couple more mirage and chrono nerfs just for further pandering to the pvp crowd, as if raids needed any more daredevil/weaver stacking with the only competitive condi build besides mirage, renegade, nerfed in an earlier patch to make sure no condi spec competes with the top power specs because god forbid condi specs be good, since the pvp/wvw crybabies will flood the forums with their tears about losing duels or eating an epidemic.

Soul eater gives +10% damage universally, how isnt that a significant buff?

Because it competes with Decimate Defenses, compare decimate defenses to right-hand strength trait for guardians. It's a considerable loss to crit rate in exchange for a modifier, so you don't truly gain a 10% buff. And power reaper needed significantly more than a 10% buff, especially after the changes to soul reaping.

@melandru.3876 said:

@Zenith.7301 said:Glad to see more PvP centric garbage changes dictating the direction of balance in this game.

It wasn't enough that power herald and reaper are about 30%+ behind the top power DPS specs in PvE, but you needed to divert your attention to revamping power warrior and daredevil, two of the meta specs. Obviously for PvP reasons, since we've established you only do inane token changes for PvE.

Then the poorly thought out nerfs to druid keep rolling in. It's not enough that renegade+firebrand completely outclass druid/chrono in PvE in healing, damage output, and boon provision, but you've felt it necessary to make the druid spec more like the healing elementalist specs (a pure healer with decreasing offensive utility) which is precisely what leaves healing elementalist specs irrelevant to begin with compared to support specs which boost the offensive performances of a group.

It's too bad the structural changes going on at Anet didn't happen to class development, because you alone are to blame for the dwindling raid and instanced PvE scene given your atrocious balance gimmicks which don't address the NUMERICAL DISPARITIES that are so vast across specs and which you refuse to bridge for some reason, instead choosing to implement strange changes to niche traits as if they were some solution.

Take the revenant changes. How in hell does 25 more energy help a power revenant compensate for their abysmal numbers? They already swap legends on cooldown and at best it's 3 seconds of extra impossible odds, which does absolutely nothing. POWER REVENANT ISSUES ARE ITS ABYSMAL SKILL NUMBERS, FIX THEM. Making the core spec have some worthless 5 unblockable attacks in PvE in shiro will change nothing; a 30% buff across the board to its skills in PvE only WILL. Same goes for reaper.

But who am I kidding, it's always this PvP/WVW first, PvE later garbage design for the past 5+ years. No wonder people have flocked away from the game when you show them what formats truly capture the attention of your developers.

power warrior (berserker) meta

thanks for the laugh

Reading is hard. Condi zerker. Sorry you don't get one elite spec that's good at everything on top of bringing irreplaceable banners and empower allies. You'll find if you come down to the realm of mortals where revenants and necromancers sit, you might find that you don't get to be a meta buffing spec and a top competitive dps spec in the same elite spec.

You can get your competitive dps spec when your banners get the same treatment druids and chronomancers have been getting.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zenith.7301 said:

Is this satire? If this is a PvP centered balance patch, it is one of the most misdirected patches ever, this does absolute nothing about any of the obvious problems in PvP balance.

Let's see, scepter nerfs on mesmer (because they were so good in PvE, NOT), ventari buffs (because it was struggling in PvE clearly, yes this is sarcasm), daredevil steal change for no reason whatsoever alongside those "offsets", a berzerker warrior revamp that wasn't even needed because condi zerker was a functional meta build in PvE.

No significant PvE buff for power herald or reaper, because those specs get cried about in PvP. More druid nerfs, because the babies in WvW are complaining about druid roamers alongside soulbeasts. And a couple more mirage and chrono nerfs just for further pandering to the pvp crowd, as if raids needed any more daredevil/weaver stacking with the only competitive condi build besides mirage, renegade, nerfed in an earlier patch to make sure no condi spec competes with the top power specs because god forbid condi specs be good, since the pvp/wvw crybabies will flood the forums with their tears about losing duels or eating an epidemic.

Because it competes with Decimate Defenses, compare decimate defenses to right-hand strength trait for guardians. It's a considerable loss to crit rate in exchange for a modifier, so you don't truly gain a 10% buff. And power reaper needed significantly more than a 10% buff, especially after the changes to soul reaping.

I am well aware it competes, but there is more crit sources in the game. And reapers tends to overcap on them. Solo and smaller groups would likely favor DD still.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

I am well aware it competes, but there is more crit sources in the game. And reapers tends to overcap on them. Solo and smaller groups would likely favor DD still.

Any crit sources means you give up something else in itemizations, likely power to reach crit cap from missing DD. the point is it's not even a 10% buff to reaper and reaper needed even more than a 10% buff to begin with.

They could have started with the atrocious adept traits, or the undertuned greatsword auto chain and gravedigger cast time, or even looked at that atrocious cold shoulder 10% modifier on chilled targets when chill is never realistically a 100% uptime condition unlike thief's vulnerability or ele burning. It's that simple.

They buff all the wrong things or put in traits in the most contested traitlines so that the buffs are never obvious, and it's clearly for PvP reasons because in their very clueless statement they think necromancers are fine in PvE, that's hysterical.

Underperforming specs languish for years just because they don't want to do extensive split numerical balancing, so they hold necromancer back because it's strong in wvw zergs or pvp teamfighting.

Power revenant has actually lagged behind power reaper and nothing remotely close to substantial has been done since HoT precisely because power herald is strong in PvP. It's always PVP holding back specs in PvE.

30%+ DPS deltas in PvE ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE. THIS IS MISERABLE BY ANY INDUSTRY STANDARDS.

Cold shoulder is +15% damage in pve. You are being overly pesimistic, reapers are much easier to play well, unlike other specs that needs to play playfully precisely to approach dummy conditions.But i am waiting to see what theorycrafting says before declaring the sky is falling down. theres needs to be more competitive choices and not just one outshining the two others.

GW2s biggest problem was always that it tried to be 3 games in 1, CLEARLY it was too much work for the devs to handle but I can't blame them or do better myself. It is what it is. Sadly this means that after 6 years of playing almost 8000 hours of Power Mesmer and Thief as a WvW roamer all the builds I enjoyed are now gone and so is the enjoyment of the game, on to other things in life. Its been great take care guys!

Berserker and Salvation changes look stellar, great job. Especially with Salvation, since I called for the more Orb-based healing a good two years ago and made some posts on that. Caught me off guard, hats off to you, balancebois. Oh and Necro focus update looks interesting.

One small thing for Ventari though - Could we get a thin, green ring indicator for Tablet's range visible only to allies? Would be a game changer and reduce unecessary frustration of both the revenant and player caster's trying to heal.

@"incisorr.9502" said:bzzt, removed 'cause a lot of tears here

Oh my, now you'll have to use your brain to gain some rewards? How horrible!Mesmer will still be present in the game, these nerfs are very far away from: "FInally, Mesmer and it's elite counterparts were brought to core power level before HoT release!", you know that, right?

Blind on every shatter was over the top (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blinding_Ashes huehue 8s icd huehue), it's good move, still far from perfect, but good nevertheless.I would recommend playing different classes to see a bit more than yours "I Smash Keys, I Get Rewards, I'm Good!".

Now back to the topic:Elementalist: Kind of what? I'm not a fan of buffs since it's powercreeping game even deeper. I don't understand why you've lowered range on Lightning Whip. You could rework Auto-Attack skills on scepter, because they're kinda painful to watch and use. Still waiting for day when you move Phoenix from Scepter Fire 3 to Staff Fire 3 where it should be... Weaver(lacking copy of a teef) is still very clunky to use, sword skills are still "I hope that evasion spam weapon will keep eles alive since that's all they can do in melee with this powercreep", that's not a duelist spec... just memeA random idea: Aquatic Stance: Heal yourself, Incoming damage is converted into healing and barrier (35% into healing, 65% into barrier), healing: 2640, duration 4s, max count: 2, recharge: 6s, count recharge 25sOverall: 6/10 for trying.

Engineer: Bug fixes here and there, I don't see any nerfs and that's disappointing, damage on yolosmith untouched, scrappa untouched aswell(beside underwater and shredder).Overall: 4/10 for making underwater gyros and fixing few skills.

Guardian: Changes looks nice, but since I've not played guardian that much so I can't say anything specific, though I'm little worried about "Protector's Strike", how does will it work?Overall: 7?/10

Memesmer: I don't like buffs to stun&dazes&etc (powercreep shoo away!), Changes to Mass Invisibility are meh at most, you could change it into smth like "You and all allies gain stealth for a short time, gain additional 1 second of stealth for each ally nearby(max 5)", rest changes are great, finally they need to choose which shatter will have additional effect(gooooood change indeed).Overall: 8/10

Necromancer: These changes are... okish? No extremes one way or another, just some fixes here and there and some effects and that's it. Scourge F skill still need rework(animation wise) since they're pain.Overall: 3/10, no extreme changes.

Ranger: Finally some trade-offs! After so many years! I hope that "a bit" is around 30% atleast, pets shouldn't kill enemies on their own while player sits behind them 24/7 and spam immo or other ccs. Other changes are fine.Overall: 6/10

Revenant: Won't that core F2 skill kinda collide with Heralds F2? Overall changes are interesting, need to test it when it'll be live.(WvW) I'm not sure if it's bug or intented feature of rev and mount combo, but when you're on a mount(with any kind of upkeep skill that eats ur energy) and decide to jump straight underwater on it (like land > underwater, not land > swim on surface > underwater) the revenants regen will be lowered by the amount of the upkeep that you had above water. Could you look into this?Overall: 9/10

Teef: Vault spammers will be more happy with these changes I guess, no nerfs or punishment for spamming skills, that's kinda disappointing.Overall: 4/10 for few nerfs

Warrior: Looks great on paper(like gyro changes), but the "trade-off" should be implemented as a base Berserker trait something like "When you enter Berserker mode the damage done to you is increased by 15%" or "After leaving Berserker mode you self apply slow for 3s" or something like that, there should be a trade-off while being in berserker mode or after leaving it. Warrior doesn't need any kind of damage buffs like never, it's already powercreeped in that aspect enough. We'll see how it'll work, but I can already see that these primal burst skills will be very unpleasant for opponents.Ovearll: 7/10, but probably will be broken anyway...

It's good that you've started thinking about "trade-offs" while using e-spec, but it would be even better if you had decreased powercreep in meantime.

@TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

@"incisorr.9502" said:bzzt, removed 'cause a lot of tears here

Oh my, now you'll have to use your brain to gain some rewards? How horrible!Mesmer will still be present in the game, these nerfs are very far away from: "FInally, Mesmer and it's elite counterparts were brought to core power level before HoT release!", you know that, right?

Blind on every shatter was over the top (
huehue 8s icd huehue), it's good move, still far from perfect, but good nevertheless.I would recommend playing different classes to see a bit more than yours "I Smash Keys, I Get Rewards, I'm Good!".

Now back to the topic:
Elementalist
: Kind of what? I'm not a fan of buffs since it's powercreeping game even deeper. I don't understand why you've lowered range on Lightning Whip. You could rework Auto-Attack skills on scepter, because they're kinda painful to watch and use. Still waiting for day when you move Phoenix from Scepter Fire 3 to Staff Fire 3 where it should be... Weaver(lacking copy of a teef) is still very clunky to use, sword skills are still "I hope that evasion spam weapon will keep eles alive since that's all they can do in melee with this powercreep", that's not a duelist spec... just meme
A random idea:
Aquatic Stance: Heal yourself, Incoming damage is converted into healing and barrier (35% into healing, 65% into barrier), healing: 2640, duration 4s, max count: 2, recharge: 6s, count recharge 25sOverall: 6/10 for trying.

Engineer
: Bug fixes here and there, I don't see any nerfs and that's disappointing, damage on yolosmith untouched, scrappa untouched aswell(beside underwater and shredder).Overall: 4/10 for making underwater gyros and fixing few skills.

Guardian
: Changes looks nice, but since I've not played guardian that much so I can't say anything specific, though I'm little worried about "Protector's Strike", how does will it work?Overall: 7?/10

Memesmer
: I don't like buffs to stun&dazes&etc (powercreep shoo away!), Changes to Mass Invisibility are meh at most, you could change it into smth like "You and all allies gain stealth for a short time, gain additional 1 second of stealth for each ally nearby(max 5)", rest changes are great, finally they need to choose which shatter will have additional effect(gooooood change indeed).Overall: 8/10

Necromancer
: These changes are... okish? No extremes one way or another, just some fixes here and there and some effects and that's it. Scourge F skill still need rework(animation wise) since they're pain.Overall: 3/10, no extreme changes.

Ranger
: Finally some trade-offs! After so many years! I hope that "a bit" is around 30% atleast, pets shouldn't kill enemies on their own while player sits behind them 24/7 and spam immo or other ccs. Other changes are fine.Overall: 6/10

Revenant
: Won't that core F2 skill kinda collide with Heralds F2? Overall changes are interesting, need to test it when it'll be live.(WvW) I'm not sure if it's bug or intented feature of rev and mount combo, but when you're on a mount(with any kind of upkeep skill that eats ur energy) and decide to jump straight underwater on it (like land > underwater, not land > swim on surface > underwater) the revenants regen will be lowered by the amount of the upkeep that you had above water. Could you look into this?Overall: 9/10

Teef
: Vault spammers will be more happy with these changes I guess, no nerfs or punishment for spamming skills, that's kinda disappointing.Overall: 4/10 for few nerfs

Warrior
: Looks great on paper(like gyro changes), but the "trade-off" should be implemented as a base Berserker trait something like "When you enter Berserker mode the damage done to you is increased by 15%" or "After leaving Berserker mode you self apply slow for 3s" or something like that, there should be a trade-off while being in berserker mode or after leaving it. Warrior doesn't need any kind of damage buffs like never, it's already powercreeped in that aspect enough. We'll see how it'll work, but I can already see that these primal burst skills will be very unpleasant for opponents.Ovearll: 7/10, but probably will be broken anyway...

It's good that you've started thinking about "trade-offs" while using e-spec, but it would be even better if you had decreased powercreep in meantime.

The Core Revenant F2 was meant to be exactly for Core, without an Espec active. But definitely not strong enough to make up for not having an Espec. But its a step in the right direction. I expect it being iterated on in the future to be useful outside leveling to 80.

First of all, I highly appreciate that you continue your strategy of open communication and inform us BEFORE you are doing some balance changes. It is not a dialogue, but we can prepare ourselves for the landing and theory-craft some alternatives if needed. A dialogue is not needed, because we know nothing about balancing. Some of the comments really look ugly, like those changes would destroy certain professions completely. But on the other hand, those are the same apocalyptic prophecies we read at EVERY patch, just the classes switch. And once the patch is done, a week or two later, most classes work as usual again. In most cases the meta-builds only face minor changes and the gear almost remains completely untouched.

The overhauls are much appreciated. Also big thanks for adjusting underwater-combat. I hope we will get some suitable new content, too. The new aura looks promising. Looking forward to the patch. Keep up the good work.

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:Reapers already have low damage (...)Hopefully it can bump them up from underpowered levels.

lmao :lol:

All too easilly proven.

Yes because Benchmarks determines whether a class is meta or not xD

Yet people constantly scream about reapers having no worthy damage. And heraldnants doesnt even get on the list, that low damage.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:Reapers already have low damage (...)Hopefully it can bump them up from underpowered levels.

All too easilly proven.

Benchmark is only an indication of a long 1v1 fight (so basically a raid boss), which is from a DPS PoV the only situation where Reaper is really lacking compared to some other classes.(Beside, how many players are really able to approach these DPS? I'm sure 85 to 90% of the playerbase does not know the optimal rotation for their class/spec.)In Fractal it's still a powerful class to bring, specially since it gives high AoE dmg while having good sustain.In WvW it's only good class rather than a great one mainly because of its low mobility but dmg wise it's one of the strongest.

@Zepoolpe.9217 said:

All too easilly proven.

Benchmark is only an indication of a long 1v1 fight (so basically a raid boss), which is from a DPS PoV the only situation where Reaper is really lacking compared to some other classes.In Fractal it's still a powerful class to bring, specially since it gives high AoE dmg while having good sustain.In WvW it's only good class rather than a great one mainly because of its low mobility but dmg wise it's one of the strongest.

In fractals it is just as mediocre, basically a bad guardian with no utility whatsoever.

That's essentially reaper, just a worse version of dragonhunter, with wells way worse than traps, the shouts way worse than guardian shouts, no aegis share, no conal blocks for group, their greatsword pull way worse than the guardian one in every way, and no bane signet power share for the group.

It isn't just benchmarks.

Look at gw2raidar. The class's representation and performance in raids and fractal CM's is abysmal.

In WvW it's also a worse warrior/guardian, and you'll be kicked if you don't go scourge instead which actually brings some utility worth a damn.

No Scrapper or Holosmith nerfs either. Spellbreakers will still be outrunning Sonic the Hedgehog. Sic Em Sniper and Unblockable Union are one of the most toxic interactions in PvP right now and both are still untouched. 30k rapid fires are A-Ok but 10k Confusing Image Crits are unacceptable.

Seriously though, the minor trait that reduces Berserker's Toughness while they're in Berserk Mode should also be put onto one of Holosmith's minor traits so that it forces them to be the high risk, high reward glass cannon they were designed to be as well now that we're crossing that threshold.

@Zenith.7301 said:

All too easilly proven.

Benchmark is only an indication of a long 1v1 fight (so basically a raid boss), which is from a DPS PoV the only situation where Reaper is really lacking compared to some other classes.In Fractal it's still a powerful class to bring, specially since it gives high AoE dmg while having good sustain.In WvW it's only good class rather than a great one mainly because of its low mobility but dmg wise it's one of the strongest.

In fractals it is just as mediocre, basically a bad guardian with no utility whatsoever.

That's essentially reaper, just a worse version of dragonhunter, with wells way worse than traps, the shouts way worse than guardian shouts, no aegis share, no conal blocks for group, their greatsword pull way worse than the guardian one in every way, and no bane signet power share for the group.

It isn't just benchmarks.

Look at gw2raidar. The class's representation and performance in raids and fractal CM's is abysmal.

In WvW it's also a worse warrior/guardian, and you'll be kicked if you don't go scourge instead which actually brings some utility worth a kitten.

What is the % of players doing CMs? very few (about as much as the % of players really knowing their PvE rotation and able to match Benchmarks' DPS).Stop looking into patches only with the prism of doing HC content: this is a very small portion of the playerbase and patches will rarely address that population the way they really expect it because it's a minority so patches won't primarily target that segment.Yes Reaper (or any other form of necro) is not "Benchmark" but benchmark is not everything in the game.As for WvW, i was talking about roaming. That being said, some guilds still run 1 reaper in their setup, usually in their havoc party if they run one.

I don't know if this is the right place to post but I am excited for the changes :D although I was hoping they would fix a bug in which the weaver grandmaster woven stride doesn't give regen upon gaining swiftness or superspeed which kinda cripples the condition clear of weaver and bottles up all the clear onto water hopefully it will get fixed soon though there's already two forum posts on it but I thought I'd try my luck here as well, great stuff as always and I'm excited to see if this shakes up wvw and pvp a bit more :DDD

Thief changes are pretty bad. Yeah sure the steal change on daredevil is interesting, but they basically deleted d/p daredevil. It seems that they want daredevil to be more of a duelist class, but staff has almost no sustain. Yeah sure there's the valk+ DD rune build, but if you get +1'd by a power chrono, s/d thief, or rev, you're never going to be able to survive that like other 1v1 classes. D/p was already worse than s/d due to the firebrand meta, so I cannot figure out for the life of me why they wanted to remove it.

Hey @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048I'd like to adress an Issue that we mesmer will now face in WvW. We actually have only one damage oriented power weapon after these changes, which is the greatsword. Sword has fallen behind in damage after several nerfs and Scepter is being nerfed in this patch (which I totally understand, Scepter was overtuned).

In our main hand slot we now have: Either a defensive melee weapon or a condition oriented ranged weapon.Both don't really fit into the mesmers burst heavy play style. If it's possible I'd like to see a few improvements to sword in the next patch so we once again have decent damage options for our main hand weapons.

The reason this hurts so much is that we in WvW and GvG are at least using Focus and in most cases also Shield which already forces us onto mainhand weapons.

My secret hope is that Sword 3, Illusionary Leap gets reworked into a Skill that deals damsge. c:

I hope this feedback is something you can work with, thanks for your work.

I hyped to see all these tradeoffs. I strongly believe elite specializations should always lose or replace something to make them different from the core profession, not just getting something added on top.
Other than not being able to bring 3 core specializations, that is.With berserker, revenant and druid getting tradeoffs, that leaves only 4 missing trade-offs:

• Engineer - Scrapper

• Scrapper could use a profession mechanic that is more widely useful in more of PvE since you do not usually need to finish enemies in PvE, and you don't need to revive anyone if everyone is doing their job properly. For example, replacing the Scrapper's F5 toolbelt skill from the elite skill with an "Action Gyro" that stays over the other shoulder of the engineer, and lunges at enemies to deal damage, and that has a bonus functionality and gains charges based on the selected Scrapper Grandmaster trait:
    • Action Gyro: Deals damage on target enemy, maximum count of 3 charges.
      • Adaptive Armor: Action Gyro gains a charge whenever the scrapper loses 33% of their base health, Action Gyro gives barrier to self and allies around the enemy.
      • Kinetic Stabilizers: Action Gyro gains a charge whenever the scrapper interrupts an enemy, strikes target enemy with a dazing lightning strike. (plus Final Salvo's own effects, of course)
      • Applied Force: Action Gyro gains a charge whenever Applied Force triggers, and it is now an Explosion, a blast finisher, and gives might to allies.
    • This way, core F5 skills could be greatly improved as they'd be exclusive to core engineer.
  • Soulbeast

• Soulbeast can't use their pets while merged, but their pet mechanic is identical while not in beastmode. So it's an addition, not a tradeoff. Reducing pet stats would be a bad idea for an elite specialization more meant to do DPS, but since beastmode heals the pet when leaving, that's basically like having an extra pet swap. With that in mind, their tradeoff could be a longer pet recharge on defeat as they have two skills to keep the pet from dying, making it riskier.
      But going too high over 60s would be a a tad too long for pet recharge, so instead core ranger could have their pet recharge on death reduced to just 25-45s, while soulbeast and druid would have 60-75s recharge for their pet, and that would help newbies get their pet back sooner as they level up in core maps.
    • Another possibility is giving core ranger an F5 skill that does something that isn't spectacularly strong, but at least unique. For example, using F5 as core ranger could make both your pets do 'tag-combo' attack. You use F5, the other pet appears, both pets use their pet skills, and the pets swap places, like the tag-combo attacks in games like Capcom vs Marvel.
  • Mesmer x2

• Mesmers don't lose anything when specializing. Since their shatters represent "power", "condi", "CC" and "tank", maybe they could get a 5th shatter that would be "utility", a core-only F5 skill that does something like creating a clone with your alternate weapon set instead with the current, or that shuffles their location with a random clone.
      Then Chronomancer would replace it, and mirage lose it.