Thief Balance changes coming!

Xenji.4907

@babazhook.6805 said:

Combining Escapist's Absolution and Driven Fortitude into Escapist's Fortitude in the Adept row will significantly boost its value. So in this row, Thieves are going to have to decide between taking 10% less damage from Melee attackers (and a small health boost), Condi Cleanse and Healing on a dodge for ~450 without Healing Power, or 20% reduced cooldown on Physical Skills with a 10 Endurance return. Looking at them on the surface, both of the new Traits outshine Brawler's Tenacity by quite a bit unless the Daredevil is running more than one physical skill and isn't too worried about conditions or sustain.

My main struggle now D: I'm running 4 Physical skills (Channeled Vigor, Impairing Daggers, Bandit's Defense, Impact Strike) on my bar. Brawler's Tenacity was such a great trait for the cooldown reductions and little bit of extra endurance, but not having the condi cleanse on evade would also be a risky decision for me in WvW... :'(

One upside is that the number of condition builds one meets has dropped from my perspective. That said Trickster with tricks combo is something I still favor over the BT. RFI/withdraw and one of Daggerstrom or scorpion wire are my own go to's for cleanse and have been on my own staff build as I favored Staff mastery.

I'm not sure I've run into any less condition builds while roaming than before, though you may have a different point of comparison for when there were even more. I agree Trickster with tricks combo is great for condition removal and is also what I run when I play staff, but my issue is that the trait reshuffle makes it feel much more funneled into that combo due to the new competing trait placement. I liked the freedom to not have to run tricks or keep a sword/shadowstep on hand to manage conditions.