[WvW] Reaper Preparation Update Roaming Build!!

Psaro.6178

Big changes are coming to Necromancer which allowed me to brainstorm a very powerful build.

@"Irenio CalmonHuang.2048" said:

Necromancer

• Reaper's Touch: This skill has been significantly reworked, and it has been renamed Soul Grasp.
    • Soul Grasp: This skill has two casts. Each cast sends forth a disembodied hand to inflict vulnerability on foes, grant the necromancer life force, and steal health from a foe.
  • Grasping Darkness: Increased the range from 750 to 900 to make the range a standard multiple of 60. Fixed issues that caused this skill to unexpectedly fail when hitting some objects. This skill will no longer be stopped by projectile blocking or reflecting.
  • Soul Eater: This trait has been reworked. It now increases the strike damage dealt to all foes within a range of 300 by 10%, and it causes the reaper to heal for 5% of the damage dealt to foes within that range. It no longer reduces greatsword-skill recharge by 20%.

=== Before we get into the build I must go over some trait combos not many know about ===

rL3VjAD.pngwGh8Wor.png8QISEYU.png

Spiteful renewal actually has a 0.5 second delay before it activates after using a healing skill.This is good and bad because if your character has poison you will actually heal less before you remove the poison.We can actually use the 0.5 second delay with Consume Conditions to always remove the vulnerability that consume conditions provides.The problem then is that Consume Conditions is on a 30 second cool down.Now when we run Master of Corruption, we're able to get Consume Conditions on a 20 second cool down.With Spiteful Renewal we always guarantee to remove the blindness that Master of Corruption afflicts on us.This will be giving us 6,201 healing every 20 seconds that also removes every condition for additional healing w/ no blindness

Now our healing is on a very competitive level.

When running Spite and Curses we're at the pinnacle of damage for necro.Scourge is never able to take advantage of this because Soul Reaping is kind of a requirement when running staff.

=== The Build ===http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAndBnc0AF3AubC0biFcBLar1B+AQtpAwBIuKuFDjA-jVyHAB6pWhZ7P8uqKMpE8b9BAcKA+XpVAPBghUmEAAB4mtZbezA38m38m38m1m38m38m38m38m3cMAVB-w

With our improved consume conditions and the update to Soul Eater, this build will be able to recover so much HP.The way this build generates life force is with v0WoZ02.png

With Superior Rune of the Aristocracy, nITKaCY.pngeijkNeN.png

whenever we inflict weakness we gain 5 stacks of might which is 5% life force.Weakening Shroud inflicts weakness whenever we land a crit.Corrupting the boon Might will inflict weakness.

All this should give the Build 25 stacks of Might up time.

Even though we're not spec'd into condi, we're going to be doing massive condi damage because of the amount Might and Corruption to boons we apply.

Pros to build

High Boon corruptionHigh power and condi damageVery good healing and sustainvery high chill up timegreat life force managementvery high condi cleanseindefinite weakness up time

The Utilities and Sigils are just my personal preference and can be changed to suit your play style.Just keep note that the skill "You are all Weaklings!" is a stun break that applies might and weakness with a very short cool down.

If you have any suggestions or comments,please feel free to let me know!

@Psaro.6178 said:Big changes are coming to Necromancer which allowed me to brainstorm a very powerful build.

@"Irenio CalmonHuang.2048" said:

Necromancer
  • Reaper's Touch: This skill has been significantly reworked, and it has been renamed Soul Grasp.
    • Soul Grasp: This skill has two casts. Each cast sends forth a disembodied hand to inflict vulnerability on foes, grant the necromancer life force, and steal health from a foe.
  • Grasping Darkness: Increased the range from 750 to 900 to make the range a standard multiple of 60. Fixed issues that caused this skill to unexpectedly fail when hitting some objects. This skill will no longer be stopped by projectile blocking or reflecting.
  • Soul Eater: This trait has been reworked. It now increases the strike damage dealt to all foes within a range of 300 by 10%, and it causes the reaper to heal for 5% of the damage dealt to foes within that range. It no longer reduces greatsword-skill recharge by 20%.

=== Before we get into the build I must go over some trait combos not many know about ===

rL3VjAD.pngwGh8Wor.png8QISEYU.png

Spiteful renewal actually has a 0.5 second delay before it activates after using a healing skill.This is good and bad because if your character has poison you will actually heal less before you remove the poison.We can actually use the 0.5 second delay with Consume Conditions to always remove the vulnerability that consume conditions provides.The problem then is that Consume Conditions is on a 30 second cool down.Now when we run Master of Corruption, we're able to get Consume Conditions on a 20 second cool down.With Spiteful Renewal we always guarantee to remove the blindness that Master of Corruption afflicts on us.

From my last point of knowledge and testing:Not exactly right.If you run master of corruption, you will get blinded and recieve the vulnerability but spiteful renewal will only take away one of those conditions. So you still have blind or vulnerability on you left.

Also the part with the poison isn't correct. As it will consume the poison, then give you the heal, poison doesn't affect the heal.

Additionally you are giving up: corrupt 2 boons on a 6seconds cool down in shroud. From path of corruption.

This will be giving us 6,201 healing every 20 seconds that also removes every condition for additional healing w/ no blindness

Now our healing is on a very competitive level.

When running Spite and Curses we're at the pinnacle of damage for necro.Scourge is never able to take advantage of this because Soul Reaping is kind of a requirement when running staff.

Scourge isn't required to run staff. It's good yeah, but I got a pretty good solo roaming build that isn't running staff

=== The Build ===http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAndBnc0AF3AubC0biFcBLar1B+AQtpAwBIuKuFDjA-jVyHAB6pWhZ7P8uqKMpE8b9BAcKA+XpVAPBghUmEAAB4mtZbezA38m38m38m1m38m38m38m38m3cMAVB-w

With our improved consume conditions and the update to Soul Eater, this build will be able to recover so much HP.The way this build generates life force is with v0WoZ02.png

With Superior Rune of the Aristocracy, nITKaCY.pngeijkNeN.png

whenever we inflict weakness we gain 5 stacks of might which is 5% life force.Weakening Shroud inflicts weakness whenever we land a crit.

Also not true this trait has a 10seconds cooldown. And will give you only 5% of per 10seconds. Even signet of the undeath gives more (well not in shroud, but you could run soulreaping instead, giving you 15% lf when inflicting fear

Corrupting the boon Might will inflict weakness.

Lastly our Enhancement will beETQcxv1.pngwaOcNb6.png

You want to use this enhancement with a primer to make it last a long time while roaming.All this should give the Build 25 stacks of Might up time.

Even though we're not spec'd into condi, we're going to be doing massive condi damage because of the amount Might and Corruption to boons we apply.

Pros to build

High Boon corruptionHigh power and condi damageVery good healing and sustainvery high chill up timegreat life force managementvery high condi cleanseindefinite weakness up time

The Utilities and Sigils are just my personal preference and can be changed to suit your play style.Just keep note that the skill "You are all Weaklings!" is a stun break that applies might and weakness with a very short cool down.

If you have any suggestions or comments,please feel free to let me know!

Cons:No reapers onslaught resulting in no quickness in shroud, which won't let you burst people with reaper shroud4, which is the hardest hitting skill in reapers kit

And yes I played a build similar to this, but I think there are way better builds, in regards to dmg and sustain

I like the weakness x might, sustain hybrid theme behind the build.The whole theme looks pretty well synergized.I'm pretty sure you could make it work effectively.

Personally though if I were to run with this theme, I would prefer to push for a slightly higher armor level if we were to consider the sustain theme.

Choosing Master of Corruption just for the healing is a bit wasteful imo.It competes with Path of Corruption which is a major tool for Reaper Shroud 2.To follow the sustain theme, I would consider dropping Consume Conditions for either:

• Signet of Vamp + Signet of Spite, change Spiteful Spirit trait to Signet Trait, and cleansing sigil.
  • or a shout heal with cleansing sigil

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@"Nimon.7840" said:Scourge isn't required to run staff. It's good yeah, but I got a pretty good solo roaming build that isn't running staff

Please share the build!I've been having a hard time roaming on Scourge :sNever worked out well for me.

its a prettz cheesz build>http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRBLfhG2JJNQ5NYxNgTvAbvYRYwiCAlrHw0TLHcD0vr71BLA-jVCGQBG7gAAgTAAP1PYujAgUU+5m9Hgk6PH4BAoHlgkCwclVA-w

zou can also put in one cleansing sigil instead

Spite/Curses Reaper is inferior to Spite/SR Reaper. Weakness is cleansed on walking by by any class these days and that one additional corrupt doesn't cut it.

If you want a good heal for Reaper you use YSIM! + Augury of Death.

You do even trait Augury of Death to then cripple your build with Curses just to buff Consume Conditions.

Your build is super easy to lockdown not running Speed of Shadows.

Bitter Chill to cover your Chills with Vulnerability is better than the whole Curses traitline.

So I really like Skale Venom, but it’s unfortunate it doesn’t work in WVW. It’s incredibly powerful (near perma weakness lowl) so I can see why it’s banned.

The heal on the corruption skill is nice. The Blindness was always a pain to deal with and the investment into curses for the reduced cooldown was always intriguing. I’m glad you’ve found a way to utilize it and ridding it of the blind...I’ll be sure to look into this synergy more closely.

Personally for WVW for a theorycraft like this, i would do exactly what you did, and build for both Curses and Spite. Even though SR is a powerhouse you can always fill DD’s place with stats from raw gear or Runes (curses gives you nearly the same amount of crit chance as DD already). Spite itself generates more than enough might to not require aristocracy runes, so either switching the traitline or the Rune are perfectly viable. A personal touch for me would be Death Magic, but Blood Magic works well too.

Good theorycraft all together.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@"Nimon.7840" said:For the lulz I'm gonna try to make a vampire reaper work. Something like this:

I was thinking something similar but with wells and the well trait instead.

O was thinking about that one as well. But I was trying to create a build that is more mobile and not restricted to certain aoes.

I'm not perfectly satisfied with the build yet. Just made it in 5 minutes. Normally I put much more work in it. But we don't know numbers of the patch yet, so that's not really worth right now

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@"Nimon.7840" said:For the lulz I'm gonna try to make a vampire reaper work. Something like this:

I was thinking something similar but with wells and the well trait instead.

I try to at least fit Well of Shadow in my builds, since it works wonders clearing camps and against melee, but there's so dang much CC out there I feel like I need to slot more than one stunbreak, which is going to make things really tight.

Archived