Hey PvE players, are you all ok with how things are going or you want some changes made to PvE

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:why not at production time halve the total open world content and add more support for wvw and pvp?My guess is that the statistics that ANet have show a larger population in open world than WvW/PvP. They will probably want to develop for the majority rather than the minority.

based on what? empty maps?

Again, ANet has the statistics. I doubt they'll share them.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved PvE at the beginning of the game, back in 2014, before Anet removed everything fun from quests, when engie were able to overcharge turrets, the greatest mistake was the 2014 feature (removal) pack. But I appreciate a lot the effort put in ls maps, but I want more giant maps filled with lores quests and many things to explore. Caledon forest, metrica province are good example.

Old things should be fixed too.Polymock arena? Vigil, whisper and priory encampment in rata sum? Cerebro jumping puzzle? Yeah it seems they will never be finished, and it makes me really sad, explorer and lore lover since the beginning.

Will simply end with the fact the mode isn't rewarding at all compared to wvw: in pve you suffer to find a tome of knowledge, world bosses champions spawning during the event metas don't give loots whereas palawadan ones do.For eternal alchemy, pale tree, the legions, the six and the spirits sakes, make it uniform!

@Ayakaru.6583 said:I’d like for them to return to the living world, but improved on ls1There should be a current event between every chapter, that explains whats happening in the rest of the world.

And one of my biggest gripes is that after completing an episode, you never return to that map for the story.Maybe it would’ve been better if they make 2 or 3 really big maps each season and add stuff to it with every episode.Kinda like Silverwastes and Dry Top, but more expansive yet

Tower of Nightmares and Twisted Marionette were fun aswell.

What i want is fixing old zones and adding more content to them such as meta events and this goes especially for core zones instead of bloating the game with constant new zones that stay relevant for a few days only. I also want more 5 man content. Maybe add treasure maps that lead into small instance that requires 5 people to complete or something like that.

Make all of open world more difficult by giving mobs more skills that give them boons, apply conditions, cc. In exchange, player skills recharge at an increased rate when out of combat. The reason we cant have more interesting and threatening encounters with open world mobs is because the recharge time of so many utilities like cleanses, stability and stun breaks are on such relatively long timers. Sure you may be able to stab through the first mobs cc, but then youd need to wait 20 seconds before you engage the next one. Eliminate that down time so that cooldowns only matter within the context of a single fight not outside of it.

The PvE game is dying to have quests.

Not FedEx quests, or things like "kill 10 rats". But the Achievement system is being used as a replacement for a quest log at the same time it's used as a catalog for acquired items. It doesn't really make sense.

For example, the Auric Weapons collection. It's just a list of what items you have. There's no story, no in-game reason for it, nothing. It's just a "get all those items, receive a reward".

Then see The Convergence of Sorrow II: Requiem. It has a full storyline that people who don't do that achievement will likely never see, with a lot of steps being about "talk to person X" or something similar. This is basically a quest.

Focusing on dynamic events is a great idea. Not having the ridiculous "kill 10 rats" quests that all MMORPGs used to have is nice. But the concept of having no quests isn't a good one - the game has what are basically quests, but they're mechanically hidden in the middle of a bunch of mostly meaningless achievements.

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:I'd like to see them slow the pace of new content . . .

You know, there’s this guy in Scrubs had the perfect quote for this:“I can’t go any slower, so.. yes, i come to a complete stop”

Oh they can def go slower. Maybe 2 ls eps a year, thin out the festival schedule a little bit . . .

Eww no, any slower and people will get bored. We had all or nothing release on january 8th that was over 3 months ago, its time to get the next chapter rolling.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:why not at production time halve the total open world content and add more support for wvw and pvp?My guess is that the statistics that ANet have show a larger population in open world than WvW/PvP. They will probably want to develop for the majority rather than the minority.

how convenient.

NPC companions that we can customize like our characters, and pick a class for them they can be any class example chrono mesmer ranger dh ren etc. however they can only have 1 traitline and 2 or 3 skills to use. we can gear them up to be tanks or heals or dps but obviously not as powerful as ourselves. they can act as a tank healer or dpser. they also gather nearby nodes when we're exploring pve maps.

i personally think this should be the selling point of expansion 3, instead of coming up with new specialization, let us have NPC companion already.

Why do i want this? well why did pokemon become popular? its becuz we can customize those pokemons and as a gamer i love to customize things i already have 21 toons and a clone of each class, i want to customize more...

and the 2nd reason is... am lonely... i have nobody to play with in gw2, other ppl have like real life partners or friends, i have no one. anet should give us npc companions... am forever alone, at least let me fantasize

Mostly the 4 things I want the most for PvE are:

• Living world season 1 back.
  • Older story missions improved with new features such as checkpoints at several stages of a story mission that allow replaying from those points; and dynamically changing story mission areas that adjust to the current story step.
  • And of course finishing the Zhaitan fight. Players should drop down to where the dragon fell and have an actual fight along the rest of the Pact with the felled dragon, or whatever may be left. The last attack that kills Zhaitan should a player's finisher or a similar 'finishing blow' animation, like with Scarlet, The Shadow of the Dragon, Mordremoth, Lazarus, and Balthazar.
  • Dungeon rework:
    • Story mode from dungeons scaled for 1-5 players and moved to be an actual part of the story like Arah story was reworked into Victory or Death. So players are more likely to meet Destiny's Edge several times while leveling before meeting them again in Arah.
    • Also make explorable path unlocked account-wide.
    • Even better, since there's 25 explorable paths (3 * 7 + 4), move or copy the explorable paths to Fractals, as 25 new 'Fractal Dungeons' that also have 3 tiers. The fractal level selection panel would have a tab on the side to switch between fractal isles and fractal dungeons. They would have daily rewards including fractal relics, but dungeon tokens instead pristine relics. The dungeon vendor would get new tabs with improved rewards like ascended versions of dungeon gear with tweak like these:
      • Breathers skin versions of dungeon headgear like the Sorrow's Embrace helmets.
      • Actually visible spine guards.
      • Restored Orrian weapons, that look how they would have looked before they spent ages underwater.
      • Day-only and night-only versions of Ascalonian weapons.
      • Ghostly ascalonian armor with a dyeable ghostly glow.
      • Clean and polished versions of the council ministry armors.
      • Actually golden golden wing weapons.
      • Aetherized nightmare court armors with dyable aether effects.
      • Glowing yellow nightmare weapons, since we already have magenta and cyan weapons.
      • Overloaded forgeman armor with glowing eyes and flames coming off the glowing parts.
      • Green glyphic/dark asuran weapons, as we have red and blue already.
      • Flame legion armor with dyeable flames.
      • Ignited and ashen flame legion weapons with flames and smoke coming off them.
      • Kodan weapons that do not have ice.
      • Icy Kodan armor.
      • Charged inquest armor with glowing neon edges and moving parts like ticking gears.
      • Green inquest weapons since we already have blue and red inquest/mystic forge weapons.
      • Purified Dragon's Deep weapons. Softened, rounder, white and gold. Without spikes and faces, so they no longer look like they are possessed by a demon.
      • Purified orr armor, that look what they may have looked before their wearers became risen, without bones, claws and spikes and the like.

@Tiviana.2650 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:I'd like to see them slow the pace of new content . . .

You know, there’s this guy in Scrubs had the perfect quote for this:“I can’t go any slower, so.. yes, i come to a complete stop”

Oh they can def go slower. Maybe 2 ls eps a year, thin out the festival schedule a little bit . . .

Eww no, any slower and people will get bored. We had all or nothing release on january 8th that was over 3 months ago, its time to get the next chapter rolling.

Yeah I agree the game I want would appeal to a smaller population which would be bad for the game overall. But it's still what I want which is what the OP was asking us to share . . .

I just want more content, especially maps! I get the layoffs weren’t something anyone wanted and it’s slowed things down, but I really hope that after they’ve recovered (which it seems they have, they even restructured the teams), content will get to being faster than S4, not slower

@"Cristalyan.5728" said:I think we should ask for a better integration of WvW into PvE. A first step already has been done - with the Warcat. Next step - in my opinion - should be to create points where damaging other players is possible. The best initial solution seems to be in the World Bosses places. I think that the pilot for this change can be the Claw of Jormag event - by activating the "friendly fire" during the attack phases. Then, ANet can expand these zones.

Because the WarCat is a WvW mount. It seems useles in PvE without any WvW element involved.

So you want open world pvp, which is what WVW is (it's PVP). To which the answer is already no, not happening. Ever.

Im not 100% pve player, I play pvp and wvw now and then but I am not really happy with pve at the moment.

Each release brings about 1 week worth of one time only content then nothing for another 4 months. Imo there really needs to be more content designed around its replayability. The metas in the new map are half decent but so much dev time is spent on story which is only worth replaying for achievements.

They really need to bolster story instances so they are worth doingmore than once, and not a chore to replay with unskippable dialogue.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

how convenient.

I agree; however, the only people they have to truly answer to are the stakeholders. There is no realistic business reason for ANet to release such figures to the public.

@"Cristalyan.5728" said:I think we should ask for a better integration of WvW into PvE. A first step already has been done - with the Warcat. Next step - in my opinion - should be to create points where damaging other players is possible. The best initial solution seems to be in the World Bosses places. I think that the pilot for this change can be the Claw of Jormag event - by activating the "friendly fire" during the attack phases. Then, ANet can expand these zones.

Because the WarCat is a WvW mount. It seems useles in PvE without any WvW element involved.

That would be a leap backwards from a friendly community. The game isn’t about pvp or wvw in the open world. There are too many games that go that route for the full game and they all shatter getting horrible ratings for something that just shouldn’t exist in an mmo like that.

All game types urgently need build templates that ideally include also gear swapping together with the build. I would play a lot more if I would have this feature. Right now it takes to much time to change build and gear and I also forget the builds I made in the past.I would love to play that sustain tank weaver build I played half a year a go. Would even make ascended gear for it. The problem is I forgot the build so it would take time to test it again fully.Sometimes I don't even try some elite specializations because it is so much hassle to change to it and then back. And god forbid I need a new set of stats on my gear. Not because it is cumbersome to make it but because I need to carry it in my inventory and manually swap each piece when I change build. 17 pieces of gear or more per build. Having 3 different builds with different stats... And 3 is not really that much if you play different game modes.

@Cuks.8241 said:All game types urgently need build templates that ideally include also gear swapping together with the build. I would play a lot more if I would have this feature. Right now it takes to much time to change build and gear and I also forget the builds I made in the past.

Yup, it's just easier to have multiple characters of the same profession.

@Wizler.8192 said:

@Cuks.8241 said:All game types urgently need build templates that ideally include also gear swapping together with the build. I would play a lot more if I would have this feature. Right now it takes to much time to change build and gear and I also forget the builds I made in the past.

Yup, it's just easier to have multiple characters of the same profession.

Been thinking of actually making several revs each one having it’s own build.Got extremely bored to swap everything between pve and wvw everytime.

So bored with it than I stopped using hammer rev build in wvw

I would love a generic repeatable exp mastery track in PvE that you can use without burning mastery points, similar to the reward tracks in PvP and WvW.

I just recently learned about the hidden exp bar that is supposedly banking spirit shards until I unlock all the mastery points in an area, but it is still frustrating to feel like you are getting no progress when your exp bar is full and you need more mastery points.

Heck, at this point I would settle for just making that invisible exp bar visible, tho I would certainly prefer selectable reward tracks.

@"Jack O Lights.9312" said:I just recently learned about the hidden exp bar that is supposedly banking spirit shards until I unlock all the mastery points in an area, but it is still frustrating to feel like you are getting no progress when your exp bar is full and you need more mastery points.

Heck, at this point I would settle for just making that invisible exp bar visible, tho I would certainly prefer selectable reward tracks.

There was a thread about this a while ago, and those spirit shards aren't being banked since the "hidden experience bar" doesn't gain experience while it's hidden. Basically a dev explained it in quite a confusing and ambiguous way, and some people (very understandably) misinterpreted it.

@dodgerrule.8739 said:

That would be a leap backwards from a friendly community. The game isn’t about pvp or wvw in the open world. There are too many games that go that route for the full game and they all shatter getting horrible ratings for something that just shouldn’t exist in an mmo like that.

Agreed. To say nothing of it being completely against current lore. And map meta events would be almost guaranteed fails.

The attitude of "this game is only fun if I can gank people who don't want to be ganked" is, thankfully, only a small subset of the GW2 community.

I'd like a little bit of death penalty.If someone dies, then all their stuff will be left at that particular location in a corpse.If they die while retrieving their corpse, then subtract skill points(skill points can no longer be accumulated over the total of what they need)A certain percentage of their gold will be given to the murderous NPC.Anyone who kill that NPC will be rewarded said gold.