Remove All Evade Frames from Mirage Cloak

@MrPhantasia.5924 said:Mirage is one of the elite specializations that doesn't have a trade off. They get a super dodge and ambush attacks and they don't give up any of their Shatter skills. I think the trade off for specing Mirage should be the removal of all evade frames from the dodge skill, that way spending an endurance bar just opens up your ambush attack windowns. That way there would be a fair trade off, gain ambush attacks but you lose all defensive value from your dodge roll. This will actually bring mirage in line with the rest of the meta.

This will also help balance other morage traits such as Infinite Horizon, making clones capable of being cleaved down.

The trade off are ambush skills themselves, if you dodge to use an ambush skill, you waste a dodge to evade and important enemy skill.Right now mirage is a problem only for noob players, at this point is a l2p issue of you are still having troubles with it.

With mirage cloak you can cast skills while dodging that's true, but for example you can't dodge backwards and you distance travelled is way smaller than a normal dodge especially after the nerf to match the 0.75 seconds evade frame during mirage cloak.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The issue to use Mirage was like you will not have that mutch clones as if you playing as chrono BUT the Mesmer rework delete that issue at moste. Thats why it seems like Mirage as Elite spec have no issue like Holo (can explosion),Berserk (less armor), Druid (less pet Damage), daredevil (less ranged steal), Deadeye (near no mobility) at least there are some specs that need to have issues to be good in some shit.

@MrPhantasia.5924 said:Mirage is one of the elite specializations that doesn't have a trade off. They get a super dodge and ambush attacks and they don't give up any of their Shatter skills. I think the trade off for specing Mirage should be the removal of all evade frames from the dodge skill, that way spending an endurance bar just opens up your ambush attack windowns. That way there would be a fair trade off, gain ambush attacks but you lose all defensive value from your dodge roll. This will actually bring mirage in line with the rest of the meta.

This will also help balance other morage traits such as Infinite Horizon, making clones capable of being cleaved down.

Totally agree and why stop in such a good way ? i think as a fair trade off, why we don't delete clones for mirage ? it will make it so much balanced......

@TC, considering you posted THIS in a different thread yesterday:

@MrPhantasia.5924 said:

Both Holosmith and Spellbreaker are the most balanced, high risk high reward, highest skill cap builds to have ever existed in entire history of Guild Wars 2 which is why Anet left them completely untouched this upcoming balance patch.

Not sure how we can help you get out of bronze rank when you still can't deal with Mirage. There is a point where one just has to accept that the competitive part of this game just doesn't work for them. Good luck to you and give us a shout once you reach silver.

Mirage is bad for the game but this suggestion is stupid and basically just deletes the spec.

Anet needs to stop nerfing mesmer skills at random and instead turn their eye to the mechanics of the class, primarily how making phantasms limitless was a huge buff to everything on a class that already had multiple top tier builds available to it. Reducing that or even reverting the rework entirely is the only way this class can ever be salvaged from its current state of atrocious game design.

@Cyninja.2954 said:@TC, considering you posted THIS in a different thread yesterday:

@"MrPhantasia.5924" said:

Both Holosmith and Spellbreaker are the most balanced, high risk high reward, highest skill cap builds to have ever existed in entire history of Guild Wars 2 which is why Anet left them completely untouched this upcoming balance patch.

Not sure how we can help you get out of bronze rank when you still can't deal with Mirage. There is a point where one just has to accept that the competitive part of this game just doesn't work for them. Good luck to you and give us a shout once you reach silver.

8XvAd22.png

I'm not the best but I do ok, and I certainly don't see you on the leaderboard in NA or EU which means you aren't even 1450+ at the moment.

Lol at everyone taking OP seriously. It's brilliant actually. This is the most I've seen the community standing up for Mesmers in like... forever. :joy:

Hint: Take a look at OP's recent posts and you'll see they're nothing but troll posts stating the opposite of reality. Like Soulbeast and Holo are perfectly balanced and have the highest skill ceiling. Mesmers need to be deleted, revived, and deleted again. Etc., etc.

It's clearly a new forum account and quite possibly one of the forum regulars on an alt.

@MrPhantasia.5924 said:

lul :) Spellbreaker and high risk in the same sentence.... something goes wrong :dizzy:

This is what I hear from OP's post...

They were touched inappropriately by a Mirage, doesnt feel like adapting or learning from it and in a hissy fit of rage, they came to QQ on the forum.

Sorry kid, no one can take you seriously and looking at other "I hate mirage" posts you made, only supports my theory. If you rather QQ instead of actually do what smart MMO players, thats up to you. If you wanna be a normal/smart MMO'er, learn, adapt and overcome. If you are NA I can help you by sparring with you on my Mirage.

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:This is what I hear from OP's post...

They were touched inappropriately by a Mirage, doesnt feel like adapting or learning from it and in a hissy fit of rage, they came to QQ on the forum.

Sorry kid, no one can take you seriously and looking at other "I hate mirage" posts you made, only supports my theory. If you rather QQ instead of actually do what smart MMO players, thats up to you. If you wanna be a normal/smart MMO'er, learn, adapt and overcome. If you are NA I can help you by sparring with you on my Mirage.

Local mirage thinks class is balanced, news at 11.

@MrPhantasia.5924 said:

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:This is what I hear from OP's post...

Local mirage thinks class is balanced, news at 11.

Looking at my post, not once did I say it was balanced. What else ya got?

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:I said this before: Mirage Cloak is already a trade-off. You can cast skills while evading but you can't backpedal or strafe nearly as well as a normal dodge.

I'm just quoting this for reference so that whenever I need a moodlifter I can come see where "inability to backpedal" was deemed a proper tradeoff for being able to cast channels while dodging or evading while being cced.

I had a very honest laugh at that. Thank you, even if you meant it.

@Sanity Obscure.6054 said:When people are still calling for mirage nerfs.

It's probably muscle memory at this point.