New Patch Glyphs

Durzlla.6295

Unity wasn't the worse tbh. It's just overkill to use it but it's not a broken skill. The new Glyph of Stars have its uses but its very weak. It can cover a good distance, but the effect is stationary grounded and the caster will be channeling. Not easy having players to sit on a 7second "well". The caster is vulnerable while channeling(to interrupt etc). A situation for it to be used in CA is rare as well, the druid probably will do better healing with CA's skill than wasting astral energy channeling it. Might be useful to rally players in WvW, but that's also if the situation allows it.

Edit: The cd is a tad too long for its worth as well.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Durzlla.6295 said:I've been using the glyph quite a bit and it absolutely casts seed of life when traited. I find that it's a very powerful elite in both forms, stability baked into the skill would make it too strong imo. But it's not like someone else can't give you stab.

Where did the seed blooms? Under you or the target area?

@enkeny.6937 said:

@Durzlla.6295 said:I've been using the glyph quite a bit and it absolutely casts seed of life when traited. I find that it's a very powerful elite in both forms, stability baked into the skill would make it too strong imo. But it's not like someone else can't give you stab.

Where did the seed blooms? Under you or the target area?

It seemed like it bloomed at the target area, it appears and blooms while the the stones are spreading out and everything is glowing.

@Durzlla.6295 said:

@"Morroth.8652" said:
jQvoMxU.jpg

Have fun with this 7 second cast :D

such a useless skill to have in pvp unless it grant other buff such as stability and prot .. 1200 range doesn't make it up.it doesn't seem to cast seeds of life with verdant etching trait on either

I've been using the glyph quite a bit and it absolutely casts seed of life when traited. I find that it's a very powerful elite in both forms, stability baked into the skill would make it too strong imo. But it's not like someone else can't give you stab.

I just tested this in both CA and non-CA versions, and have yet to see a Seed of Life proc. Please double check that the Seed procs you've been seeing weren't simply created by other skills.

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

@"Morroth.8652" said:
jQvoMxU.jpg

such a useless skill to have in pvp unless it grant other buff such as stability and prot .. 1200 range doesn't make it up.it doesn't seem to cast seeds of life with verdant etching trait on either

I've been using the glyph quite a bit and it absolutely casts seed of life when traited. I find that it's a very powerful elite in both forms, stability baked into the skill would make it too strong imo. But it's not like someone else can't give you stab.

I just tested this in both CA and non-CA versions, and have yet to see a Seed of Life proc. Please double check that the Seed procs you've been seeing weren't simply created by other skills.

I’ll double check tomorrow when I get home, it’s definitely possible I was confusing it with another Druid or another glyph going off.

@"Dedicant.6820" said:You can cast Glyph of the Stars at the very end of your Celestial Avatar time and still get the full CA version effect I think so in that case it's actually alright (you don't have to waste half the bar casting it). I think if they allow the skill to work with quickness it will be a decent choice. . .

Tried this and can confirm that CA version will continue channeling even if CA ends -- prematurely or on purpose -- mid-channel. It's a 500 to 600 h/s per target (in either version), and could be a nice filler outside of CA.

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

@"Dedicant.6820" said:You can cast Glyph of the Stars at the very end of your Celestial Avatar time and still get the full CA version effect I think so in that case it's actually alright (you don't have to waste half the bar casting it). I think if they allow the skill to work with quickness it will be a decent choice. . .

Tried this and can confirm that CA version will continue channeling even if CA ends -- prematurely or on purpose -- mid-channel. It's a 500 to 600 h/s per target (in either version), and could be a nice filler outside of CA.

Lingering Light doesn’t buff the downed heal right? I know it buffs the rest of the healing which makes it absurd.

@Durzlla.6295 said:

@"Morroth.8652" said:
jQvoMxU.jpg

can you take a video to show the seeds? I haven't tested it again but I tried last time it didn't have seeds with traits on. btw.. if I see a druid in pvp squatting down like that for more than 3 sec.. what I will do is just go and interrupt him just for the laugh... don't forget its elite skill with long cd

@Talindra.4958 said:

@"Morroth.8652" said:
jQvoMxU.jpg

can you take a video to show the seeds? I haven't tested it again but I tried last time it didn't have seeds with traits on. btw.. if I see a druid in pvp squatting down like that for more than 3 sec.. what I will do is just go and interrupt him just for the laugh... don't forget its elite skill with long cd

Oh I’m aware it is, but you can cast it in stealth, or even start casting it while in astral form and drop out to turn invisible with celestial shadow if you’re super worried about it. I typically only plan for 3s from it before it getting interrupted so anything else is just a huge bonus.

It’s like when I see rangers using RaO when I’m on mes or necro and I just laugh in boonstrip/corruption.

When I get home tomorrow/Sunday I’ll double check that I didn’t make an error in observation, and if I was right I’ll get a recording of it.

@Rico.6873 said:Why do I have a feeling the new glyph could be op in pvp one day....?

Imagine someone who would actually watch someone using this skill for a full seven (7) seconds, locked out of doing pretty much anything else, and not do anything to stop it.

You would have enough time to /laugh, /crossarms, flop around them a little bit, and then kill them when it was finished while their teammate decides if they want to dogpile mid or go far while trying to figure out what button their cat pressed to make them auto-run to accidentally witness this glorious event.

Glyph of Stars is cool but needs to apply One stack of Stab (2 sec duration) every 2 seconds (at least two), Protection (1 sec duration) every pulse, also it's heal needs to increase by 30% to 50% in order to be remotely viable in PvP.

EDIT: For clarification, Stab for both types, protection for non-Celestial, since it's already on Celestial version.

I doubt its usefulness in PVP/WvW, but having finally had a chance to play my Druid in T4s tonight, I'm quite happy with it. Non-celestial version heals upwards of 700 h/s, while CA version heals 1k h/s. While I would never waste CA time for it, it's still a great filler in between CA forms. You're mobile while channeling, and the "tether" range appears to be the full 1,200 units, meaning you can park yourself well out of the way while healing. The 72s CD isn't too bad, too, all things considered.

@"Ojimaru.8970" said:I doubt its usefulness in PVP/WvW, but having finally had a chance to play my Druid in T4s tonight, I'm quite happy with it. Non-celestial version heals upwards of 700 h/s, while CA version heals 1k h/s. While I would never waste CA time for it, it's still a great filler in between CA forms. You're mobile while channeling, and the "tether" range appears to be the full 1,200 units, meaning you can park yourself well out of the way while healing. The 72s CD isn't too bad, too, all things considered.

One thing I think that might make it useful in PvP that a few people haven’t pointed out is once you cast you don’t need LoS, so you can throw it down on point from range and then run and hide while you channel it, which can pretty much just win your team a fight or force people to chase after you.

@Durzlla.6295 said:

@"Ojimaru.8970" said:I doubt its usefulness in PVP/WvW, but having finally had a chance to play my Druid in T4s tonight, I'm quite happy with it. Non-celestial version heals upwards of 700 h/s, while CA version heals 1k h/s. While I would never waste CA time for it, it's still a great filler in between CA forms. You're mobile while channeling, and the "tether" range appears to be the full 1,200 units, meaning you can park yourself well out of the way while healing. The 72s CD isn't too bad, too, all things considered.

One thing I think that might make it useful in PvP that a few people haven’t pointed out is once you cast you don’t need LoS, so you can throw it down on point from range and then run and hide while you channel it, which can pretty much just win your team a fight or force people to chase after you.

The 1200 range is for that purpose as you can position urself best to use that.. but but... buff are not good ... it's too weak.. I rather do chain CC with ranger rather than to use the elite skill to cover the group

Ye, 7 seconds cast time on Glyph of the Stars is bad. Will never run it in WvW especially since you have to give up your only self stability to run it.

Also, the nerf to Druid pets was unnecessary. Core ranger should have seen buffs instead.

i don't like the design of the new elite. You have a 1200 range when the rest of the skills are all short range pbaoe.Same with the avatar skills, a complete all over the place design.

I agree with other forumers, druid needs a rework and not half patch. At this point anything really, and by the way retouch the core so its more rewarding to play with it.