Can we get some clarification about War Eternal?

If we take the new war supply thingy into acount

The new War Eternal Supply Drop Requisition is available in the Utility category of the Gem Store for a discounted price of 2,400 gems. To help gear up for war with Kralkatorrik, using this item enrolls your account to receive four weekly supply drops between now and mid-May.

until the 20th of may they will be having supply drops for acounts with this purchase.

Now i dont want to be overly negative so could we please get a clarification that lw ep6 will NOT release on the 21st or after that.

Like come on, that will be close to 5 months since ep5 pls tell me this isnt the case.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"zealex.9410" said:Also, can we take a second just to admire the microtransaction roadmap? Pretty competent work considering we've been asking for a content roadmap for years and recieved nothing.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/ancient-rituals-and-valuable-supplies-in-the-gem-store/

I did admire it and it's not the first time either. It seems there is a team who manages to pump out content on the regular, release detailed roadmaps and stick to schedule. It just happens to be the mtx team.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:Wow. I have no words. How can they possibly justify this?

They
did
justify it in the latest dev statement, where it was made
very
clear that they will discontinue their habit of releasing unfinished, unpolished content, even if that means that some releases will take longer.

If a release is going to take the better part of 4 months, nearing 5 months then cut on the scope. At this point we have smaller individual content droughts inbetween each episode.

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:If a release is going to take the better part of 4 months, nearing 5 months then cut on the scope.
  1. I am not a dev.
  2. I prefer nothing to be cut like it was in the past. I want full high-quality and quantity releases, and I am willing to wait a month longer if required.

We are not getting that tho, none of the releases this season was high quality
and
quantity.

Yeah because we've had so many episode releases since the layoffs. Get over yourself

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@zealex.9410 said:We are not getting that tho, none of the releases this season was high quality
and
quantity.

Ohhh please. Go find that lengthy dev post and read it, then come back complaining.

P.S. Also, think. Why was the quality/quantity so inconsistent and often lacked something? Yes, exactly: because it was rushed.

Well except I don’t remember them stating the following in bold:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Fenom.9457" said:Wow. I have no words. How can they possibly justify this?

They
did
very
clear that they will
discontinue their habit of releasing unfinished, unpolished content
, even if that means that some releases will take longer.

That’s your words, not theirs.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/whats-next-for-guild-wars-2/

It could just overlap the release, or they could release the episode in parts, delaying the final boss for a few weeks for example. That said, although May 7 was the hopeful launch date for episode 6, note that May 21 - June 1 was the predicted date when factoring how long it usually takes team 3 to create their episodes (they've always been the slowest, taking up to an extra month).

@Blocki.4931 said:

@zealex.9410 said:If a release is going to take the better part of 4 months, nearing 5 months then cut on the scope.
  1. I am not a dev.
  2. I prefer nothing to be cut like it was in the past. I want full high-quality and quantity releases, and I am willing to wait a month longer if required.

We are not getting that tho, none of the releases this season was high quality
and
quantity.

Yeah because we've had so many episode releases since the layoffs. Get over yourself

We are still on the 4th season im talking about the majority of the 4th season's episodes.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@zealex.9410 said:We are not getting that tho, none of the releases this season was high quality
and
quantity.

Ohhh please. Go find that lengthy dev post and read it, then come back complaining.

P.S. Also, think. Why was the quality/quantity so inconsistent and often lacked something? Yes, exactly: because it was rushed.

It was rushed but the majority of releases were delayed. If they cant handle the scope they set out for themselves, scaling it back is the best choice, i dont want to end up w8ing over half a year for smth thats not remotely worth the w8.

@zealex.9410 said:It was rushed but the majority of releases were delayed. If they cant handle the scope they set out for themselves, scaling it back is the best choice, i dont want to end up w8ing over half a year for smth thats not remotely worth the w8.

They've changed their scope, which I was trying to communicate in my previous comments.

I sure hope that it will be worth the wait, otherwise it doesn't make sense.

They warned of a delay after the restructuring. People moan they aren't clear and when they give an honest assessment, people still moan.

If the gap after this episode is 5 months then yes maybe there is an issue, but frankly id rather wait on content to be finished and released when ready rather than an arbitrary cadence. Kourna was unfinished and thunderhead just didnt get filled in with content at all. Whilst im not expecting much change from the finale, id rather it was actually ready for release this time.

It is quite simple, they will release when they decide to, so either do other things in game (which there is no shortage of) or play another game whilst you wait like I am. April/May has had a fairly decent line up of games and rereleases after all.

Getting cross over it or with each other will achieve nothing

@Ashantara.8731 said:

They
did
very
clear that they will discontinue their habit of releasing unfinished, unpolished content, even if that means that some releases will take longer.

Better that than drop unplayable content on us that ends up making us salty we can't play it on the specified day of release.That's happened to me on a few occasions and resulted in a fair bit of salt tbh

@Teratus.2859 said:

They
did
very

Better that than drop unplayable content on us that ends up making us salty we can't play it on the specified day of release.That's happened to me on a few occasions and resulted in a fair bit of salt tbh

Thats a posibility but its hyperbole to say that this will happen everytime or most of the times if they dont take extra months for each episode.

Out of the last season i believe only one episode had problems of this scale.

@zealex.9410 said:It was rushed but the majority of releases were delayed. If they cant handle the scope they set out for themselves, scaling it back is the best choice, i dont want to end up w8ing over half a year for smth thats not remotely worth the w8.

They weren't delayed exactly, they just didn't want to admit that the schedule had changed for season 4. With 3 teams taking 9~10 months to develop their episodes this season, 2-3 months between them simply wasn't possible. This current gap is simply the result of this catching up with them. Note that April 30 would be their average release date, and even if episode 6 isn't until June 1, that's still the average for team 3.