[Video] WvW Weaver Sword/Dagger Power/Condi : 1vs4

Lasiurus.4067

It is a nice video and good demonstration that you have skill and the bruiser potential of the elite spec.

I don't mean to sound harsh though, but I am going to be a bit honest here - those guys were beyond awful. A few in the first moments didn't even engage you, and most of them seemed to be just auto attacking, barely dodging or anything.

The condi mesmer didn't once use anything more than Staff or Scepter AA (except for a shatter with 1 illusion out). the DH was just trying to hit you with traps and scepter AA - the necro got hit by that burst that you well executed and then just I don't know what he tried to do.

The 4th one, the zerker Tempest that came after the first two were down, came in, did and Air Overload with pathetic damage and then double dodge away from you and died while running with its back to you.

Would love to see some videos of you with equally skilled opponents though.

I've observer that's a wvw vid from Europe server vs newer players. It's not going to fly in NA or vs vet European players. I have to say it out of honesty even if anet dev bans me. Before devs ban me I was vet in d/d ele core 7k hours roaming in wvw. Weaver are by far not meta level in wvw but selfish bunkers with basic renge and condi removal if you trait 3 2 2 on reaver bar or 1 2 2. A core fire d/d ele can milk reaver easily. Fresh air d/d not so since the damage is low and can be sedated with weakness but still should never lose. Not sure about scepter ele. But I doubt they can hurt reaver given that they cant even tickle a d/d core ele running fire arcane and water. However in wvw team fights they are fun. But than again they cc factor is limited. If you are dueling you will notice if you fighting an equally skilled player they can either shut sword weaver down with heavy boon corrupt tanky Scourage, SB war can shut weaver down after a prolong fight of attrition, or certain chrono condi or hybrid builds. It's build vs build.

@Lasiurus.4067 said:

Sword/Dagger Weaver, Power/Condi build. Will post more video in future. Cellofrag.

Hey Lasiurus, I liked the fight and look forward to seeing more of em in video. Plus yeah a build update would be nice. I liked the Mist Form and Armor of Earth stomps on a bruiser Weaver, they seem essential for finishing off downed targets.

Cheers for the ideas btw Lasiurus I would like to hear what you thought about my Weaver prediction about three weeks ago in my video. ;) was I right about the Weaver being awesome and needing to be watched that they don't get too overpowered.

Many thanks for proving me right at least in a roaming WvW playstyle.

Glad to see that there are more people who can check the enemy skill level now. People were crying blood when daphoenix posted his DD Ele build 4 years ago which was a full bunker Soldier/Cleric build which was not dying nor killing anything in 1v3+ fights against scrubs. The Cantrip stunbreak nerf was really needed but on the other hand, we can still feel the effects of RtL nerf 4 years later.

@Kyon.9735 said:Glad to see that there are more people who can check the enemy skill level now. People were crying blood when daphoenix posted his DD Ele build 4 years ago which was a full bunker Soldier/Cleric build which was not dying nor killing anything in 1v3+ fights against scrubs. The Cantrip stunbreak nerf was really needed but on the other hand, we can still feel the effects of RtL nerf 4 years later.

Thats 100% true. Look at Daphoenix videos now, you wont find them that great. I' remember watching them in 2012, I was just amazed.

@Kyon.9735 said:Glad to see that there are more people who can check the enemy skill level now. People were crying blood when daphoenix posted his DD Ele build 4 years ago which was a full bunker Soldier/Cleric build which was not dying nor killing anything in 1v3+ fights against scrubs. The Cantrip stunbreak nerf was really needed but on the other hand, we can still feel the effects of RtL nerf 4 years later.

Those were good times...

Not sure what builds they were running, but they were dealing an absurdly low amount of damage to you, even factoring in protection/resistance.

speaking of which... how are you getting such high protection/resistance uptime?

edit: gonna hafta try that trick of charging dagger #5 then blinking to where i want to cast it

@Narrrz.7532 said:Not sure what builds they were running, but they were dealing an absurdly low amount of damage to you, even factoring in protection/resistance.

speaking of which... how are you getting such high protection/resistance uptime?

edit: gonna hafta try that trick of charging dagger #5 then blinking to where i want to cast it

It's a well know tricks : using instant skill (without CD) wont interuppt the Dagger #5 Earth. U can TP when u want while chanelling it.

Archived