How to Get Mounts | Where to Get the Jackal, Skimmer, Springer & Raptor Guide

maniamsmart.7981

VIDEO VERSION OF THIS POST IS HERE:

Mounts are great in Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, and they seem like a massive success, but one thing I am seeing a lot in map chat is how to get certain mounts. Here's a quick little run down of how to get all the mounts, with the exception of the Griffon (as I haven't completed the story yet, and I'm making a separate video/post about it). Below you'll see the map the mount is in, what you'll need, the heart to complete, and the fastest way to complete the heart. Of course all of this is also in the video above.

RAPTORLocation: Crystal OasisTask: Acquired through the first story instance, Sparking the Flame. Do the story mission, you'll get the mount.Requirements: None

SPRINGERLocation: Acquired in Desert Highlands, Highjump Ranch region.Task: Complete the Help out around Highjump Ranch heart. The quickest way to complete this is by riding around the entire little island region and collecting carrots while on the Springer mount. You can also fill water troughs, if you can't find anymore carrots.Requirements: To get to this region of the map, you need a Raptor with level 3 mastery, Canyon Jumping, it requires 6 mastery points in total. You'll need to jump over the large gap to the other side of the platform. You also require 1 gold, and 50 Trade Contracts.Supporting point of access image: https://imgur.com/a/HvDBy

SKIMMERLocation: Acquired in Elon Riverlands, Skimmer Ranch region.Task: Complete the Use a skimmer to help with training around the ranch heart. The quickest way to complete this is by flying around and collecting baskets of apples while on the Skimmer mount. Then deliver them to the NPCs marked with a hunger sign above their heads, they are marked on your mini-map.Requirements: To get to this region of the map, you need a Raptor with level 3 mastery, Canyon Jumping, it requires 6 mastery points in total. You'll need to jump over sandy water to the platforms. You also require 4 gold, and 50 Trade Contracts.Supporting point of access image: https://imgur.com/a/k8JZK

JACKALLocation: Acquired in The Desolation, Sand Jackal Run region.Task: Complete the Help Drojkor, Spirit Squall, control jackals heart. The quickest way to complete this is by riding around the top level of the structure collecting blue and orange orbs and then bringing them back to the heart NPC while on the Jackal mount. Killing the enemies above also gives a decent amount of progress. I did a mix of all the tasks to complete this quickly.Requirements: To get to this region of the map, you need a Skimmer preferably so you can fly over the dangerous terrain. To complete the heart however, you require either a Skimmer with level 3 mastery, or a Springer with level 3 mastery. If you don't have either you cannot complete the heart. Hence, this will require 15 mastery points in total, as you won't be able to get either of the mounts without Canyon Jumping in Raptor. You'll need to fly over to an edge of a platform, dismount, jump up and then mount again and fly up the stairs. You also require 20 gold, and 200 Trade Contracts. If you do not purchase the mount on the day you complete the heart, the cost is 30 gold, 40 silver, and 200 Trade Contracts.Supporting point of access image: https://imgur.com/a/mEkBU

If you need some additional visuals and help on how to get to a specific spot, my video has timestamps you can jump ahead to. Thank you for reading, and I hope this has helped you!

It's worth mentioning that Springer is hard-locked until you get Canyon Jumping (so no Mesmer friends portaling you across the gap) and Skimmer is hard-locked until you get at least Springer 1 mastered.

This is easy to miss, but Path of Fire has a "mount tutorial" mode that everyone starts in. It turns off entirely once you get Raptor 3 and Springer 1 mastered, but even if you were to somehow get to the appropriate location for mounts (such as a teleport to friend) before mastering those, you can't even attempt the heart quest to unlock the purchasing.

One point you could maybe clarify - By the Raptor example, "Task" in your guide seem to mean "do this to get the mount", but the others all mention using the mount you're getting. Is that done via "borrowing" a mount like in the story instance, or are the hearts needed for something other than actually getting the mount?

Edit for later readers: each Renown Heart offers mounts to borrow for the tasks, just like the Raptor one in the story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I'm only resurrecting a dead thread to try to be helpful here:

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:It's worth mentioning that Springer is hard-locked until you get Canyon Jumping (so no Mesmer friends portaling you across the gap) and Skimmer is hard-locked until you get at least Springer 1 mastered.

Today I just got the Springer and then the Skimmer in about 10 minutes of one another, as soon as I got Raptor 3, without having to master Springer 1 first to unlock the Skimmer.

Thanks for the guide. I have a question, is it possible to collect enough masteries for the mount without doing the storyline? I am holding it off because I am still going through the story in LS3 which will take a while.

Edit: Looking at this guide, it looks possible. :) http://dulfy.net/2017/09/26/gw2-path-of-fire-mastery-insights-guide/

Archived