Berserker is very bad, im a warrior main

KhainPride.3987

When i first head of the changes, i was very excited.Problems:We lose 300 thoughnessWe lose condi clearsWe lose stab on entryWe lose normal burst skills

WE have to wait for full berserker CD before we can re-engage itall for the increase in power???

Nope, not really. I do way less damage now.

The only nice burst we have now is the new greatsword spin 2 win arcing divider.

Before this build patched, I was playing top top bottom berserker warrior.My auto attack, skill 2 and 3 did more DPS with axe without going into berserker mode and my whirlwind/gs2

now I do very little dmg as if im playing spell breaker.

going into berserker mode now, it seems its at the same level in terms of damage as before the patch(using 20% dmg modifier as well and the fun part was, i didnt even need the % modifier in previous patch)

This seems like very hard to UNFIX. So we wont get any changes thanks to the history of the devs. Back to core warrior it is

@Blocki.4931 said:They would only have to adjust numbers if it really does turn out underpowered /shrug

There is no need to change it back or rework it again.

For many players its not just the numbers. Some of us just don't like being forced to use rage skills to extend the duration of Berseker and what they did removing F1 is a fun killer. 12 seconds cooldown of absolutely nothing to do with our mechanic during prolonged fights is a terrible TERRIBLE change.

Lol beserker is fine it plays alot like the HOT PvP warrior meta, hopping into a few matches and it's quite good gs zerk skills is a fantastic cleave, just using staple rousing resliance warrior skills healing sign, zerker stance, outrage shake it off and headbutt. I'm using axe sheild but I myself switch axe for sword or mace.

Oh go full bottom tree beserker.

@Eleazar.9478 said:Lol beserker is fine it plays alot like the HOT PvP warrior meta, hopping into a few matches and it's quite good gs zerk skills is a fantastic cleave, just using staple rousing resliance warrior skills healing sign, zerker stance, outrage shake it off and headbutt. I'm using axe sheild but I myself switch axe for sword or mace.

Oh go full bottom tree beserker.

you mean like still does not enough for team fight compare to other classes/builds and loses to side node builds on side nodes?...

@Eleazar.9478 said:I was stuffing eles and druids I'm telling you arc divider is a kitten beast. Just play it like core warrior with a beast mode every 15 seconds (that's about average when I could zerk mode again)

Except you can't play like a core warrior even 15 seconds because you are short a number of traits (because berserker traits are mostly berserker-mode locked) and short a burst skill. The sad part is that a core warrior is STRONGER as a class than Berserker is when not in berserker mode ... and that IS a big problem because berserker mode does not make up for that, especially in it's current activation method. Berserker is just taking DPS you would have across the board and end-loading it into a berserker mode.

Question for the theorycrafters: What is the BEST core warrior DPS build?

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Eleazar.9478 said:I was stuffing eles and druids I'm telling you arc divider is a kitten beast. Just play it like core warrior with a beast mode every 15 seconds (that's about average when I could zerk mode again)

Except you can't play like a core warrior even 15 seconds because you are short a number of traits (because berserker traits are mostly berserker-mode locked) and short a burst skill. The sad part is that a core warrior is STRONGER as a class than Berserker is when not in berserker mode ... and that IS a big problem because berserker mode does not make up for that, especially in it's current activation method. Berserker is just taking DPS you would have across the board and end-loading it into a berserker mode.

Uhh that's how it is for ranger and other classes with modes

@Obtena.7952 said:What is the BEST core warrior DPS build?

Strength, Arms, Discipline. Greatsword and Axe/Axe.Peak Performance, Forceful Greatsword, Berserker's Power.Signet Mastery, Sundering Burst, Furious.Warrior Sprint, Doubled Standards, Axe Mastery.To the Limit, Signet of Might, Throw Bolas/Kick, Bull's Charge, Signet of Rage.Some things can change depending on situation, of course.

What do you say if Berserker had ability to reduce CD of Berserk when it is on CD? If whole Berserker spec is about Berserk mode, then making Berserk more available would help, right? Or how exactly do you think they can fix this without another rework?

@Eleazar.9478 said:

Those classes ALSO have more actions available to them for doing things to be effective ... so it's not as big a problem if they have traits like this. Warrior can NOT be in a position of having traits dependent on the mode, because of their exceptionally low access to actions for play. If anything, you see warriors getting lots of action STACKING and PASSIVE event traits, exactly for this reason ... yet on berserker it's the opposite.

Again, lack of trait equivalence results in berserker being a deficient spec.

@cryorion.9532 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:What is the BEST core warrior DPS build?

Strength, Arms, Discipline. Greatsword and Axe/Axe.Peak Performance, Forceful Greatsword, Berserker's Power.Signet Mastery, Sundering Burst, Furious.Warrior Sprint, Doubled Standards, Axe Mastery.To the Limit, Signet of Might, Throw Bolas/Kick, Bull's Charge, Signet of Rage.Some things can change depending on situation, of course.

What do you say if Berserker had ability to reduce CD of Berserk when it is on CD? If whole Berserker spec is about Berserk mode, then making Berserk more available would help, right? Or how exactly do you think they can fix this without another rework?

Personally, I think the whole burst mechanic shouldn't even be on CD ... it should simply depend on if you have the adrenaline to execute it ... and certainly the 30 adrenaline is enough of a barrier to maintain that balance of berserker and non-B modes. Clearly Anet didn't want to make berserker mode duration dependent on Adrenaline spent, but I still feel that's a great solution.

@Eleazar.9478 said:

No it isn't. These classes don't need to build up Adrenaline to then activate their ability. The other "modes" like Forge Mode, Beast Mode and Shroud (Reaper and Core) don't have nearly as much of a gated mechanic as Berserk Mode does.

Beast mode just has a flat 10 second cooldown and you don't need to leave it if you don't want to. This isn't the best choice in terms of playing well with the class but it can still be done and it doesn't lock you out of a set of abilities that are standard to the core gameplay aspect of the Ranger class before using Beast Mode. Basically it doesn't lock you out of using your pet, for instance. You still have your pet and your pet skills and once you merge with them you still have a bar for your "Beast" skills, they just change. You can also still exit Beast Mode when you want.

Forge Mode is on an even shorter cooldown than both Berserk Mode and Beast Mode, only being on a 1 second CD and only going to a 6 second CD should you overheat. However you can deactivate Forge Mode whenever you want during the time that it is active and generating heat. When activated it does replace your skills on your weapon bar but it doesn't deny you access to a core mechanic of your Core class either before or after activation. Aka your toolbelt skills. These skills are still available to you before activating Forge Mode and after activating Forge mode.

Death Shroud and Reaper's Shroud both are similar to Berserk Mode and needing to build Adrenaline (or Life Force for Necro) in a way, sure, but they still can be activated differently than Berserk Mode. To enter Shroud you don't need a full Life Force bar, only 10% of it needs to be filled to enter this mode and once you enter it you still have the ability to exit the mode as you want. It also doesn't remove anything from you before even having access to this mode.

Berrserk Mode does not have this kind of function. You need 3 full bars of Adrenaline to enter Berserk Mode, it has a limited duration that can only be affected by skills that are typically not worthwhile to use in any PvP situation with the exception of Outrage, but just that one skill does not help that much. Once you enter Berserk Mode you also lose out on 300 Toughness, you do gain more in the damage department but this skill is duration based and can be more than easily kited and avoided to then have it go onto a 12 second cooldown plus needing to build 3 full bars of Adrenaline again.

I don't see Beast Mode making Soulbeast squishier or having them lose out on a Core component to their class (the pet skill bar), I don't see Forge Mode making Holosmith squishier or having them lose out on a Core component to their class (Toolbelt skills), I don't see Shroud making Necro/Reaper squishier or having them lose out on a Core component to the class (Shroud is the component).

So no...you're statement is horrendously false. That is not how it is for "ranger and other classes with modes".

@"Obtena.7952" said:Personally, I think the whole burst mechanic shouldn't even be on CD ... it should simply depend on if you have the adrenaline to execute it. Clearly Anet didn't want to make berserker mode duration dependent on Adrenaline spent, but I still feel that's a great solution.

What if instead of prolonging Berserk duration (it would have fixed duration - 15/20 seconds), rage skills would recharge Berserk when it is on CD?If Anet makes Berserker bursts available outside of Berserk, then Berserk mode will be just "damage modifier".I see removing core bursts reasonable (even though it is sad), if the Berserker bursts are better, enhanced. And it seems to be reasonable that those bursts are available in Berserk mode only, it fits the theme of the spec. So maybe the easiest and fastest solution would be to just swap rage skills to recharge Berserk CD instead of prolonging its duration.

To be honest, I don't really care what the solution is and I think it's a waste of time to imagine it.

What I know is this:

If berserker is still to be trait deficient compared to core warrior, then maybe there SHOULD be a way to get perma berserker mode.If berserker mode trigger is dependent on ONE action, that action needs to be much more robust, even to the point where you get SOMETHING for it's execution.

We could have 3 berserker effects based on adrenaline level.Level 1 could last 5s.Level 2 10sLevel 3 15-20sAll other berserk effects could also vary. The longer you wait to activate it, more powerful it would be.

It could make up for the loss of classic bursts.I would also lower berserk recharge to 5s.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:We could have 3 berserker effects based on adrenaline level.Level 1 could last 5s.Level 2 10sLevel 3 15-20sAll other berserk effects could also vary. The longer you wait to activate it, more powerful it would be.

It could make up for the loss of classic bursts.I would also lower berserk recharge to 5s.

No. You guys suggesting this dont realise in WvW you want a SHORT duration berserk for bursts.

Maybe Berserk mode should be more like the Photon forge, it would last for a short while but only have a short cooldown. Only if you go super berserk and let the rage meter go 100% you get a damage increase for a short while but a longer cooldown AND only then lose the F1 skills. THAT would be a trade-off.

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

No it isn't. These classes don't need to build up Adrenaline to then activate their ability. The other "modes" like Forge Mode, Beast Mode and Shroud (Reaper and Core) don't have nearly as much of a gated mechanic as Berserk Mode does.

Beast mode just has a flat 10 second cooldown and you don't need to leave it if you don't want to. This isn't the
best
choice in terms of playing well with the class but it can still be done and it doesn't lock you out of a set of abilities that are standard to the core gameplay aspect of the Ranger class before using Beast Mode. Basically it doesn't lock you out of using your pet, for instance. You still have your pet and your pet skills and once you merge with them you still have a bar for your "Beast" skills, they just change. You can also still exit Beast Mode when you want.

Forge Mode is on an even shorter cooldown than both Berserk Mode and Beast Mode, only being on a 1 second CD and only going to a 6 second CD should you overheat. However you can deactivate Forge Mode whenever you want during the time that it is active and generating heat. When activated it does replace your skills on your weapon bar but it doesn't deny you access to a core mechanic of your Core class either before or after activation. Aka your toolbelt skills. These skills are still available to you before activating Forge Mode and after activating Forge mode.

Death Shroud and Reaper's Shroud both are similar to Berserk Mode and needing to build Adrenaline (or Life Force for Necro) in a way, sure, but they still can be activated differently than Berserk Mode. To enter Shroud you don't need a full Life Force bar, only 10% of it needs to be filled to enter this mode and once you enter it you
still
have the ability to exit the mode as you want. It also doesn't remove anything from you before even having access to this mode.

Berrserk Mode
does not
have this kind of function. You
need
3 full bars of Adrenaline to enter Berserk Mode, it has a limited duration that can only be affected by skills that are typically
not
worthwhile to use in any PvP situation with the exception of Outrage, but just that one skill does not help that much. Once you enter Berserk Mode you also lose out on 300 Toughness, you do gain more in the damage department but this skill is
duration
based and can be more than easily kited and avoided to then have it go onto a 12 second cooldown
plus
needing to build 3 full bars of Adrenaline again.

I don't see Beast Mode making Soulbeast squishier or having them lose out on a Core component to their class (the pet skill bar), I don't see Forge Mode making Holosmith squishier or having them lose out on a Core component to their class (Toolbelt skills), I don't see Shroud making Necro/Reaper squishier or having them lose out on a Core component to the class (Shroud
is
the component).

So no...you're statement is
horrendously
false. That is not how it is for "ranger and other classes with modes".

You totally left out druid, which doesn't charge nearly as fast as adrenaline and makes you loose your weapon skills and mobility in avatar form. Necro shroud gain is way slower than warrior gain.

Just use head but and boom your bar is full

Zekerstance also fills your bar like crazy, so does weapon swapping

You guys are so stuck in what was your failing to see the quite good stuff about zerker.

I also predict a huge Nerf/rework to beast mode on ranger anyways

@Eleazar.9478 said:

Beast mode just has a flat 10 second cooldown and you don't need to leave it if you don't want to. This isn't the
best
choice in terms of playing well with the class but it can still be done and it doesn't lock you out of a set of abilities that are standard to the core gameplay aspect of the Ranger class before using Beast Mode. Basically it doesn't lock you out of using your pet, for instance. You still have your pet and your pet skills and once you merge with them you still have a bar for your "Beast" skills, they just change. You can also still exit Beast Mode when you want.

Death Shroud and Reaper's Shroud both are similar to Berserk Mode and needing to build Adrenaline (or Life Force for Necro) in a way, sure, but they still can be activated differently than Berserk Mode. To enter Shroud you don't need a full Life Force bar, only 10% of it needs to be filled to enter this mode and once you enter it you
still
have the ability to exit the mode as you want. It also doesn't remove anything from you before even having access to this mode.

Berrserk Mode
does not
need
3 full bars of Adrenaline to enter Berserk Mode, it has a limited duration that can only be affected by skills that are typically
not
worthwhile to use in any PvP situation with the exception of Outrage, but just that one skill does not help that much. Once you enter Berserk Mode you also lose out on 300 Toughness, you do gain more in the damage department but this skill is
duration
based and can be more than easily kited and avoided to then have it go onto a 12 second cooldown
plus

I don't see Beast Mode making Soulbeast squishier or having them lose out on a Core component to their class (the pet skill bar), I don't see Forge Mode making Holosmith squishier or having them lose out on a Core component to their class (Toolbelt skills), I don't see Shroud making Necro/Reaper squishier or having them lose out on a Core component to the class (Shroud
is
the component).

horrendously

You totally left out druid, which doesn't charge nearly as fast as adrenaline and makes you loose your weapon skills and mobility in avatar form. Necro shroud gain is way slower than warrior gain.

You guys are so stuck in what was your failing to see the quite good stuff about zerker.

druid losing his weapon skills has nothing to do with the topic and necro shroud is a second life pool wtf?? if warrior would gain adrenaline at the same rate as necro gains his shroud then warrior would be beyond garbage lol.

@Eleazar.9478 said:

best

still

Berrserk Mode
does not
need
not
duration
plus

is
the component).

horrendously

Weapon swapping specifically to build Adrenaline just to get access to your Burst skill is terrible design as Warrior uses Weapon swap for other utility reasons during a fight. Either to be prepared to use GS3 for a dodge, Rush to disengage, to clear condis, to us Shield 5 to avoid a chained burst or CC, several scenarios. Swapping just for adrenaline, despite the 5 second CD for weapon swap, can leave you open to things you would normally have a skill ready for.

Headbutt is a solution but again you're basically saying "Just use this important CC skill to generate adrenaline", similar situation with Berserker Stance. Sure, use it to generate adrenaline...assuming you don't need it at any point to deal with copious amounts of conditions being applied to you.

As for Celestial Avatar form on Druid, you're right the charge rate is different and the duration is similar...yet before its charged you're not losing out on a mechanic from your Core class. Aka the pet skill bar. Berserker does, which hinders its sustain just because of how Warrior works. As for Necro Shroud sure it might be better to activate it with more Life Force but you only need 10% of the bar to actually activate it, which does not take long to generate. So you have this trade of where you can activate Necro Shroud earlier to get access to the skills but don't have as much "extra health" or you can activate it later and have most of or a full bar of the extra health. Why isn't that logic applied similarly to Berserk Mode? 1 bar of adrenaline can have a lesser effect, 2 bars a better one and then 3 bars would be the best. Like literally any other burst skill the Warrior has...

Also btw there is a good thing about Berserker with the rework. Arc Divider. Thats basically it. I would say Gunflame as well but thats always been a meme for the Elite Spec.

Predict the nerf/rework to Beast Mode all you want, I hope they do it because it makes no sense. I said this to someone last night about how I understand what Anet was going for initially with Berserker and Berserk Mode. Have a mode that you turn on to get a boost to your damage capability and make you more dangerous but they didn't want it to be a toggle situation because that would just be a blatant power creep stat boost. Then Soulbeast happened which is literally that with Beast Mode. Holo with Forge Mode is similar. I do not understand Anets logic with design. I really don't. Too much focus on "theme" and less focus on "function". People don't care about the story theme to how their class works in PvP, they just care about how it works. Thats it.

@RedShark.9548 said:i see all those ppl bringing up how great berserker is, because its gs primal burst is soooo awesome.....isnt it sad, that thats the only really awesome thing about a WHOLE specc. a single skill ?

Yes. It is sad. Decapitate is also good, but the best thing on this rework is Arc Divider. Almost everything else feels worse than before. The spec is missing something and it is not core bursts.

I overall prefer the current design for the skill, but I still want to see just a few changes for now:

• Reduce Adrenaline required to use Berserker from 30 to 20.
  • Make Rage skills reduce the recharge of Berserk for the same amount of seconds they add to Berserk while it's up.
  • Make Berserk end early and recharge faster after a few seconds from leaving combat, same as when adrenaline resets.
  • Make Head Butt also add 2s or reduce recharge by 2s when it breaks a stun.
  • Make Outrage have a 2-3s effect that is applied when used while not stunned. Losing stacks of Stability while under this effect will remove the effect and also add time or reduce recharge of Berserk. This way stability from allies and your skills won't make it useless, and Outrage can also be used preemptively.

I'd like to see that first before considering further changes.