The Game Vault Awaits

@Edge.8724 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Is there a way to log off that site? I prefer not to be logged on to random internet sites that I don’t use daily and the only way to log out I found was to contact them.

I did delete my account on that site after realising that Canada wasn't part of their promotion.

You have to send them an email to their support section.

The easiest way I did was to simply go to the research bar, when you are on your account, then type "delete account". There should be several links of peoples that wanted to delete their account. I clicked on the first and there was a link to the email of the site (Alienware). Just send them an email saying that you want to delete your account.

Thanks. A site you can’t log out of isn’t a site worth keeping. I’ll probably just go in to my account and put in a lot of fake information rather than trusting their support to delete it.

This is a very weird site to me... I believe many people did the samd mistake as us, believing they will receive a promotion, but no...

Not well done imo. I got a broken mini code, I didn’t get an outfit code and then I find out I can neither log out nor delete my account. I was able to change my email to an old unused email but without contacting their support that’s all I can do. Personally, zero out of 10 rating for this promotion. Would not do again.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't just Dell's issue, it's Anet's as well, since this is a two-way collaboration. Yet another crappy promotion where the left hand doesn't know - or care- what the right hand is doing. I'm an EU player, been playing since GW Prophecies. To reward years of loyalty, yet again I lose out on half the offer because NA is the only part of the world that seems to exist for some people.

I'd be interested to know just how many mini eggs there were on offer, as so many people seem to have lost out. A lot of those that were lucky enough to get a code haven't been able to claim on it.

What pisses me off the most about this is that yet again loyal gamers have been duped into sharing personal information with a third party and get nothing in return, apart from their details probably being sold to other companies. Few if any companies provide any way to cancel an account once it's been registered, so for the companies involved it's win/win.

This 'promotion' is as bad as the Kung Fu Tea debacle. No, it's worse, since Anet doesn't seem to have learned anything from it. What a monumental cock-up.

I guess I won't be spending anymore money for this company.

With all these promotions and having in game rewards such as the outfit being "US Only", ANet is just slowly killing their own game. ?

The players from other regions that actually give you money are eventually gonna leave or stop spending.

Bad decisions, didn't learnt the first time. ??‍♂️

Oh boy! Been at this making accounts to see if I can get this since my first account I legit tried to use failed to give me an outfit code. I live in the US and all the accounts failed to generate a code. My guess is there are no more code, but damned if there isn't a TON of people selling them for cash now on other sites. Thanks for that Arnet, now if I want one I have to go to some shady site to buy it with real money (which I do not want to do at all, nor am I going to do it). Prehaps DON'T make this a limited thing next time?

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@Kitta.3657 said:I really enjoy seeing how you ignored the outfit part of this giveaway, so Alienware/Dell are deciding for Arenanet on a GW2 digital good as well is what you are telling us? @Stephane Lo Presti.7258

Canada is ALSO forgotten of this. This is not NA and forgetting the rest, it's legit just the US. Canada exists and is once again ignored. Really really frustrating as a Canadian player to see this plus not even be part of the discourse either. Thanks for forgetting us.

Why don't you just come out and say it again that this is because the companies cannot be kitten to deal with the laws on giveaways/contests/raffles outside of the US? This is the obvious reason.

Use a VPN. Is yelling at Anet on their forum going to do anybody any good? It's Dell's issue..

No actually its both Alienware and ANET's issue.. its a collaboration that ANET entered into willingly to promote their product and just like the KFT debacle it's a non starter for a large portion of their player base.. at least Alienware were honest and up front about it being US only though I guess.

Only thing non US players can really do is keep their wallets tucked firmly away until they make these kind of giveaways fairer for all not just the fortunate few.

Yea, I'm guessing the dragon shirt outfit is already out, because I've made 3 accounts for it (which... alone is bad that I even have to do that)Bad on Arenanet, and bad on Alienware (for having a faulty website, and thier giveaways are just lame)Stop giving eggs, they are worthless, use a better partner, and make it so if supplies are out, then it's noted that they're out!

@derd.6413 said:i'm getting a sense that anet doesn't like Europe

I wouldn't say they don't like the rest of the world but, much like most companies based in the USA, they certainly don't care about it. Arenanet could give out those outfits or any other digital reward to everyone but that would require them to put in a bit more thought and effort than they currently do which does unfortunately cut into the time spent posting about friendship and diversity on Twitter.

Hey I'm us and didn't get the outfit code either; nor did my daughters.

Popup did not appear not is it listed in my rewards.

That said I think the fault is Dell's or Alienware. You would THINK that a company that sells computer stuff would make sure their promo worked. With Kung Fu Tea I wasn't surprised. But this? Why on earth would I invest money to a computer company that can't get an internet promo to work???

@"Wanze.8410" said:I am sorry but I dont think that you are doing yourself much of a favor running promotions like this where half the player base is locked out due to their region.

What exactly does a Miniature Egg have to do with Alienware? In my opinion, this is just a cheap way for you guys to "trick" us to give our personal information to your commercial partners.

What they said. :+1:

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:

@derd.6413 said:i'm getting a sense that anet doesn't like Europe

This promotion provides different kinds of prizes depending on where you you live, because of the way our partner Alienware built it (the Dell part of this is not available outside of the US). European players are able to grab a Miniature Egg if they register to Alienware Arena. We're working on promotions that will be available to our European players later.

I get the different laws make it difficult to hand out physical or monetary prizes.But why does that include ingame goodies? Its data, pixels, nothing more.Why is the rest of the world illegible to earn the outfit??

The outfit code is "out of stock" according to the text when you click their original link to go register...

Never got it when I went on and registered a new (and very much in the US) account after work yesterday, which was the earliest I could do it. And can't try to register again now because somehow digital items are out of stock...

I was really hoping to get the outfit on my account too. Had this account since the original beta... oh well.

@"Betuana.4062" said:The outfit code is "out of stock" according to the text when you click their original link to go register...

Never got it when I went on and registered a new (and very much in the US) account after work yesterday, which was the earliest I could do it. And can't try to register again now because somehow digital items are out of stock...

I was really hoping to get the outfit on my account too. Had this account since the original beta... oh well.

But how does a digital data can be "out of stock"?

The fact that they ran out of outfit codes already, and that those of us who already had an account on this website (most likely from the previous Wintersday hat giveaway a few months ago, no less) did not even receive an outfit code and were forced to make another account...... that does not sit right with me.

@Edge.8724 said:

@"Betuana.4062" said:The outfit code is "out of stock" according to the text when you click their original link to go register...

But how does a digital data can be "out of stock"?

Dunno, but I just got the email about it this morning, went to the link, and the outfits were gone.

Not feeling the goodwill from ANet, Dell, or Alienware.

Feeling like rather than boosting these companies' reputations in the players' eyes they've managed to lower it.

I had to make a new account to get an outfit code, and apparently they are out already? That’s disappointing.

Second time I tried to get that outfit since kungfoo refused to give it to me too. Maybe promotion number 3 will be the lucky outfit charm I guess.