I REGRET buying PoF

anduriell.6280

I really wish Anet didn't overtune new classes in wvw.

I know they need to make money, and this is probably the least toxic way to do it, but you are definitely disadvantaged if you didn't pay for the xpac. Was the same for HoT as well.

Hopefully they rebalance when they have made enough money.

@kingcragus.6810 said:

@Inoki.6048 said:

@Nury.3062 said:You people miss out on so much stuff,PoF has so many hidden things,weapons,puzzles,dunegon type puzzles eve the mount...I assume the OP is a wvw guy who doesn't care much about PvE...so...idk where the issue is..

the thing is many of us really don't care about other content than competitive game modes. fighting kitten AI that is always going to be in the same place do the same things isn't exactly what we're after :)

Yeah because those tower and keep lords that you guys zerg down are well known for being highly dynamic and interesting content.

Hey,those gates can be mean and dangerous and unpredictable.

@Aenaos.8160 said:

@kingcragus.6810 said:

@Inoki.6048 said:

@Nury.3062 said:You people miss out on so much stuff,PoF has so many hidden things,weapons,puzzles,dunegon type puzzles eve the mount...I assume the OP is a wvw guy who doesn't care much about PvE...so...idk where the issue is..

the thing is many of us really don't care about other content than competitive game modes. fighting kitten AI that is always going to be in the same place do the same things isn't exactly what we're after :)

Yeah because those tower and keep lords that you guys zerg down are well known for being highly dynamic and interesting content.

Yeah they are so dangerous and unpredictable to the point some of these guys need 50 plus players to destroy them. In this is without players defending them too. LMAO =) This is a classic case of PvE zombie zerglings masquerading as PvPers. And they wonder why a dev called them out on it.

Even tho I am currently bored of the game after buying PoF. I still felt like I got my money's worth out of the deal. I do feel like a hiatus from GW2 is in order for me. So in the end I guess you can say I don't regret buying PoF. I know ANet will release more content for us PoF buyers in the future.

However that being said, if any of my old PvP oriented friends contacted me. And asked me if they should buy GW2 and it's expansions. I would have to simply tell them to not even waste their time on this game. Because it gets too little to no proper PvP or WvW support from the devs. I simply can't recommend GW2 to any PvP oriented players with a straight face.

@anduriell.6280 said:The game mode is so broken i can't simply play it without getting sick.

The PvE side you can finish it in one weekend. After that you can do nothing with this game that is not grinding the same mobs.

Well, don't let the door hit your bum on the way out. But when you do get some rationality back, remember that the expansions CONTINUES with the living story and later content that is released.

Plus, I'm preeety damn sure you did not do any of the collections or achievements, as it takes longer than a week to do them due to time gates on some achievements. The Wiki and Dulfy not being completely documented for PoF. And the fact that you need three Level 80 characters to unlock one of the collectibles.

@Aenaos.8160 said:

@kingcragus.6810 said:

@Inoki.6048 said:

Actually, they can be. I've seen invisible gates and gates that spit out rocks. Stupid uppity gates.

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:Even tho I am currently bored of the game after buying PoF.I still felt like I got my money's worth out of the deal.I do feel like a hiatus from GW2 is in order for me.So in the end I guess you can say I don't regret buying PoF.I know ANet will release more content for us PoF buyers in the future.

However that being said, if any of my old PvP oriented friends contacted me. And asked me if they should buy GW2 and it's expansions. I would have to simply tell them to not even waste their time on this game. Because it gets too little to no proper PvP or WvW support from the devs. I simply can't recommend GW2 to any PvP oriented players with a straight face.

Honestly that sounds pretty sad.They took two years to develop the expansion.The content right now can be done in a couple days.You're already bored of the game and want to take a break not even 2 weeks after release of a new expansion.You wouldn't recommend the game or expansions to any pvp friends.Yet it's worth the money.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:Even tho I am currently bored of the game after buying PoF.I still felt like I got my money's worth out of the deal.I do feel like a hiatus from GW2 is in order for me.So in the end I guess you can say I don't regret buying PoF.I know ANet will release more content for us PoF buyers in the future.

Honestly that sounds pretty sad.They took two years to develop the expansion.The content right now can be done in a couple days.You're already bored of the game and want to take a break not even 2 weeks after release of a new expansion.You wouldn't recommend the game or expansions to any pvp friends.Yet it's worth the money.

I don't know I just ate a dinner with my female friend in NYC a few days ago. In that 4 hour timeframe I'd spent well over $100 USD. So in my eyes. Knowing that ANet is going to give us more, at later dates for buying the expansion. Sue me for feeling like it was money well worth it.

Far as the friends part. I made sure to specify -my PvP friends- are the ones. That I would tell to not waste their time with this game. Because there are those of us who know. That Player vs. Player interaction in this game, is like a side quest in a Final Fantasy game. Tho if PvP interaction is your main and only goal. Then this game should simply be overlooked.

All that being said. I truly think GW2 is one of the top MMORPGs on the market. So yes again it's worth it, if you are not looking for decent PvP action.

Archived