No downed state

siggy.9521

I love to see usual gankers getting rekt by this event because of their lack of skill.

2 high rank soulbeast kept trolling me a lot during my roaming sessions when downed state was available, always ganking me 2vs1, I could only down one of the two and impossible to stomp or cleave so he rally down me and siege bm jump on me for no reason (they probably do it on everyone to tease).

It was good when yesterday with the "no downed state" they did approach on me at least 10 times and I won a 1vs2 against them all the 10 times, and it was even better receiving trash talk whispers by them calling me bot.

This is how the gamemode should always be, a war zone where you die if you get beaten.And not a rally fiesta where trash unskilled players can survive over better players just because of number advantage and stupid rally mechanic.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love no downed state

But I also recognize that downed state is too heavily tied into the game for it to be permanent, so these periodic events are fine.

What would be nice however, would be changes to the rally mechanic and how players are able to help other players up from downed state.We could keep downed state, but deny players the ability to help downed or dead players up, and only allow it through specific abilities.

@"Klipso.8653" said:I do not like this, I get so many fewer tags as a healer when I can't touch downs.

I'd rather they just disable rally but still allow downs.Yeah I pretty much refused to play healer in our community raid this week, lol. Of course the commander didnt allow me in the party then. But it was tons of fun outside the squad, fighting against clouds and trying to keep the backline clear. Anyway I would like to take this opportunity to repost some suggestions we've probably seen many times before, as opposed to the many "oMgRemmoVEdOWNstaaaaaatE!!!" kneejerk reactions that this event always bring:

1:1 ressingDont allow multiple players power res anymore. This goes well in line with 1:1 rally.

3rd time the charmFirst down normal, second down with 50% the hp of previous down (dont remember the downed hp off the top of my head), third down you die.

Harsher debuff timerCurrently it is a measly 1 minute. Hell I've been in duels lasting 5+ minutes. Increase it to 5 minutes. Waypointing to spawn would loose 1 penalty level (3 max per above), 5 minute cd.

No downstate's been hella fun. Nothing quite like dunking on 2-3 mithril ranks as a bronze recruit because they can't res and their one-shot builds are utterly useless against me. It's nice being able to "outskill" the players typically carried by Rallying.

I say outskill in jest. It's mostly baiting cooldowns and then inviting them into the hammer-war dunkfest.

@siggy.9521 said:BOO! Did anyone ask for it?

I did, been having a blast. It actually made defending again more feasible while the event is up. Have had some nice smaller side wins fights out there since if you drop them they are out of it. Not saying it should be permanent since its not everyone cup of tea, but its been a blast and I hope we can get some other weeks of it this year plus other events.

I prefer no downed state in WvW in general simply because laying there in a slow death while getting pummeled is really not a lot of fun. Understanding that rezzing is a mechanic in this game, the no downed state does seem to keep the fights moving and forces us to play differently. I can definitely understand why ppl do not care for this week's event though.

@Zushada.6108 said:I can definitely understand why ppl do not care for this week's event though.

The problem is that people are confused and decide the absence of downed state as the issue, when really the problem is the sheer amount of damage output players have. It's the same thing as when people thought outlawing 32oz soda's would help fight obesity, not willing to recognize that the reason people were obese wasn't because of the size of the soda cup, but an overall lack of a healthy diet and lifestyle.

Downed state is simply the Febreze that conceals the 'stink' of how fast a player can drop from 100% - 0% health in this game. Address that, and nobody will care if downed state was removed.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Zushada.6108 said:I can definitely understand why ppl do not care for this week's event though.

The problem is that people are confused and decide the absence of downed state as the issue, when really the problem is the sheer amount of damage output players have. It's the same thing as when people thought outlawing 32oz soda's would help fight obesity, not willing to recognize that the reason people were obese wasn't because of the size of the soda cup, but an overall lack of a healthy diet and lifestyle.

Downed state is simply the Febreze that conceals the 'stink' of how fast a player can drop from 100% - 0% health in this game. Address that, and nobody will care if downed state was removed.

While I like the downstate, I do think you are right and some burst builds favor this event too much. Perhaps next time Anet can also decrease damage output a bit so the fights can be a bit longer :P

If you think longer time-to-kill is a virtue, check out some crowfall. Nobody ever dies, no attack seems even marginally impactful. Everyone just runs around whacking each other for tiny bits of their hp bar.Naturally, every fight is also a laggy mess as the eternal skirmish bloats to whole map pile-ons.Personally I think bad choices and builds having a short life promotes better gameplay.Oh, and downstate is a crutch.. gotta be topical

Down state is fine and is just another part of team work except it sucks when mount stomp is still a thing. No down state is stupid as down state is only a problem for anyone who can't bother to help their team but at least there's been no mount stomps all week.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

That's one of the alternate event weeks, one where all WvW players HP are doubled or tripled. That said I know I run on the tankier sides of builds but no haven't run into 1 shot builds this week while roaming.

@LetoII.3782 said:If you think longer time-to-kill is a virtue, check out some crowfall. Nobody ever dies, no attack seems even marginally impactful. Everyone just runs around whacking each other for tiny bits of their hp bar.Naturally, every fight is also a laggy mess as the eternal skirmish bloats to whole map pile-ons.Personally I think bad choices and builds having a short life promotes better gameplay.Oh, and downstate is a crutch.. gotta be topical

Haven't tried Crowfall. This is a potential issue, hence a test week of increased HP, might be bad here too with balancing.

I love no down state tbh... it improves the flow of the game. The best part of the fight goes faster.

Don't get me wrong, I die often when solo... but I also consider it a good way to get better. You're down, you're down -- no gimmicks to get back up.

Alot of people are playing more carefully rather than expect to be carried by the number of scourges and fb's.

The only issue is the full queue servers due AMAZING LINK "ALGORITHM" vs almost empty servers.... top notch development, 5 stars, yet people complain about no downed state cause they cant zerg that easilly xD.