Toxic wvw Enemies

Virdo.1540

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

@schloumou.3982 said:Yep. Those displayed ranks are kind of insulting too. It only leads to low rank players beeing harassed and focused by the self proclaimed roamers. Needs to be done something.

Actually as a (roamer before the advent of the mount) I never attacked anybody under the rank of bronze. I feel they should at least have learned the game by bronze rank. And I even go as far as to just ignore the low rank unless they make it absolutely hard to ignore them then I have to delete them but i dont stomp i just walk away. If they are unlucky some guy will come by and stomp them and i get a "Small Loot Bag" If you all gave out precursors you better believe id be at your spawn all day.

That's very nobel but we can't rely on self imposed rules here. What we need is damage reduction for lower ranks. A diamond player for example should do max 70% damage against an platinum player.

So the better I play the less damage I do?The reward for my skill is a nerf?

Ideas this bad are why the devs should never listen to this community's input.

The more you play. And how about you make a better proposal, dolyak boy.

Why? The issue this proposal addresses isn't an issue that needs addressing.

Who decides that? You?

That's right, chief. Me. Why? Who decided that there was a problem? You? Are you starting to get how this forum thing works yet?

OK. 1v1 me then. Infront of my tower.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

@schloumou.3982 said:Yep. Those displayed ranks are kind of insulting too. It only leads to low rank players beeing harassed and focused by the self proclaimed roamers. Needs to be done something.

Actually as a (roamer before the advent of the mount) I never attacked anybody under the rank of bronze. I feel they should at least have learned the game by bronze rank. And I even go as far as to just ignore the low rank unless they make it absolutely hard to ignore them then I have to delete them but i dont stomp i just walk away. If they are unlucky some guy will come by and stomp them and i get a "Small Loot Bag" If you all gave out precursors you better believe id be at your spawn all day.

That's very nobel but we can't rely on self imposed rules here. What we need is damage reduction for lower ranks. A diamond player for example should do max 70% damage against an platinum player.

People would just smurf to gain an advantage. Imo, what would help new players and classes usually unwanted in zergs would be removing rallying of enemy players. Or downed state in general like this week^^Because rallybotting is the reason commanders don't want certain classes / players in zergs (for a reason, they are a liability). If rallying wasn't a thing a player might not add much to a zerg anyway, but at least he doesn't take away from it (put into a seperate group so boons aren't leeched).

That's where you are wrong. Rally is a mechanic that balances out skill gaps and we need mutch more of that to attract lots of players.

. For that matter...what is wrong with skill gap?

It creates frustration and we can't have that if we want lots of active players.

What creates frustration can be entirely different from person to person, also what makes the frustration of these new players more valid than the frustrations of more veteran players?

Skill gap isn't a
bad
thing, just because it frustrates those who are on one hand unwilling to improve by acknowledging their own mistakes or on the other hand have to accept their circumstances because they aren't able to play as frequently or don't
want
to improve (which is fine). Catering to either of those subsets of what essentially constitutes a "casual" player doesn't create a healthy PvP environment.

Do you know what people
actually
want in WvW? Something more competitive than what we have now. People don't leave WvW because of the skill gap. That to me isn't a valid reason to begin with because we are talking about people who are, for some reason, expecting to...not die or something. People leave or don't play WvW because the rewards are
not
worth the time compared to PvE and there is
no
point to "winning" in WvW. Its not even bragging rights or anything.

If they want to bring people into WvW they need to make it worthwhile to spend time in it and they need to create a
reason
to win or to want to win. To want to do better. The more they deviate from that direction the worse WvW will get.

That misses the fundamental problem. Let's say we would actually improve the rewards for winning MUs drastically, even give out unique skins for events like in PvP. 2/3 of the players wouldn't be able to get them and leave the mode in frustration. Everyone needs rewards, and everyone needs to win.

2/3 would be able to get them based on what information?

Woudn't. And based on the info that this is a three party conflict.

If people are leaving because they are frustrated about dying in a Player Versus Player game mode then maybe they shouldn't play the game mode? Simple as that. It clearly isn't for them and anything Anet does isn't going to keep them around, giving them some sort of "damage reduction" for being low rank wouldn't help anything and it would just frustrate the veteran players because New Player #1 suddenly has 50% damage reduction because you're a Mithril rank. That doesn't work.

That elitist attitude is why PvE has multiple times the players you guys have. Worldbosses for example. Everyone loves them because they all get the rewards and the joy of victory. If you don't get that, you'll be only dueling the Vet Wurm soon.

@schloumou.3982 said:

Who decides that? You?

That's right, chief. Me. Why? Who decided that there was a problem? You? Are you starting to get how this forum thing works yet?

All is fair in WvW.

You're going to get outnumbered. You're going to encounter players who are better than you are or use a build that outclasses yours. There will be NPC guards and seige equipment. When you bring an army, the enemy will bring a bigger one and wipe you out. Even if you try to set up a fair fight (i.e. dueling), other players will interrupt and try to kill you. If you're looking for a fair fight, you're playing the wrong game mode.

But if you want to duel, I'm always game.

@Virdo.1540 said:Im getting sick of it to get annoyed by some Enemies that just block someone to write, spam and insult anyone that just wins an normal fight.Even worse are these players who wait until you come online to just write tons of messages with insults like from a conveyour belt.Everytime I go to wvw and maybe kill 2-3 players i got at least one of them writing to me afterwards...How do you guys&girls think about removing the function to block enemies? or would you wish to keep it?

Welcome to life; crappy, jealous, petty people exist all over.

@Virdo.1540 said:Im getting sick of it to get annoyed by some Enemies that just block someone to write, spam and insult anyone that just wins an normal fight.Even worse are these players who wait until you come online to just write tons of messages with insults like from a conveyour belt.Everytime I go to wvw and maybe kill 2-3 players i got at least one of them writing to me afterwards...How do you guys&girls think about removing the function to block enemies? or would you wish to keep it?Define what a normal fight is to you?

In a WvW matchup week there's more cheese abusal than in 6 years of sPvP alltogether.

Take this week (no downstate event!): 50+ bunker druids are staff auto tagging everything that walks by to get easy rewards, while at the same time minimizing the chance to die to zero. I have also encountered a scrapper running the healing power stack sigil who was looking for duells (he can't kill you, you can't kill him but he can annoy you for hours). When you leave him alone and run into a tower he spams laughs. I mean wtf.? Are these normal fights?

After every balance patch that breaks a specific build, tons of players running it show up and ruin their target's game experience.

Such people deserve every salty post they get. I do it from time to time too - just to feel better. I don't need a response, I don't need a reaction. That guy doesn't even need to read it. I don't care. The sending alone helps against the frustration.

@schloumou.3982 said:

People would just smurf to gain an advantage. Imo, what would help new players and classes usually unwanted in zergs would be removing rallying of enemy players. Or downed state in general like this week^^Because rallybotting is the reason commanders don't want certain classes / players in zergs (for a reason, they are a liability). If rallying wasn't a thing a player might not add much to a zerg anyway, but at least he doesn't take away from it (put into a seperate group so boons aren't leeched).

That's where you are wrong. Rally is a mechanic that balances out skill gaps and we need mutch more of that to attract lots of players.

It creates frustration and we can't have that if we want lots of active players.

What creates frustration can be entirely different from person to person, also what makes the frustration of these new players more valid than the frustrations of more veteran players?

Skill gap isn't a
bad
thing, just because it frustrates those who are on one hand unwilling to improve by acknowledging their own mistakes or on the other hand have to accept their circumstances because they aren't able to play as frequently or don't
want
to improve (which is fine). Catering to either of those subsets of what essentially constitutes a "casual" player doesn't create a healthy PvP environment.

Do you know what people
actually
want in WvW? Something more competitive than what we have now. People don't leave WvW because of the skill gap. That to me isn't a valid reason to begin with because we are talking about people who are, for some reason, expecting to...not die or something. People leave or don't play WvW because the rewards are
not
no

If they want to bring people into WvW they need to make it worthwhile to spend time in it and they need to create a
reason
to win or to want to win. To want to do better. The more they deviate from that direction the worse WvW will get.

That misses the fundamental problem. Let's say we would actually improve the rewards for winning MUs drastically, even give out unique skins for events like in PvP. 2/3 of the players wouldn't be able to get them and leave the mode in frustration. Everyone needs rewards, and everyone needs to win.

If people are leaving because they are frustrated about
dying
in a
Player Versus Player
game mode then maybe they shouldn't play the game mode? Simple as that. It clearly isn't for them and anything Anet does isn't going to keep them around, giving them some sort of "damage reduction" for being low rank wouldn't help anything and it would just frustrate the veteran players because New Player #1 suddenly has 50% damage reduction because you're a Mithril rank. That doesn't work.

That elitist attitude is why PvE has multiple times the players you guys have. Worldbosses for example. Everyone loves them because they all get the rewards and the joy of victory. If you don't get that, you'll be only dueling the Vet Wurm soon.

Right that was a typo, I did mean wouldn't.

Anyway...

Thats nowhere near elitist....at all. Thats just recognition of the difference between PvE and PvP. PvE has multiples times the players that WvW has yes because of the rewards but also because PvE is a mixture of WvW, PvE and PvP players since you really can't get by very well in this game, especially if you want Legendaries and other things, without playing at least some PvE.

None of that is a valid justification for your ideas. PvE is a completely different entity to PvP and many PvE players just entirely lack interest in any kind of PvP, thats why so many play GW2, because in PvE there is no kind of open world PvP so they don't have to deal with ganking or anything. You're trying to attract a type of player to a PvP mode that otherwise have no interest in PvP.

Here is the difference between PvP and PvE.

PvE: The challenges you face and overcome comes directly from facing the environment of the game world. As such when you complete larger tasks in this environment you get rewarded. In PvE you cooperate with each other, there is no competing. At least not in GW2.

PvP: The challenges you face and overcome comes directly from facing other players. Either fighting to get more kills, to survive or over an objective. As such when you are able to kill another player or take an objective from enemy players you get rewarded. Primarily you compete with other players but can also cooperate to allow yourself to compete against larger numbers of players.

This is apparently the difference you're not acknowledging. You can't have a competition between players if literally everyone is just handed rewards regardless of winning or losing, imagine if thats how the Automated Tournaments worked in sPvP? Just everyone gets 500g + other rewards just for participating? What would be the point in winning?

Also in a tournament, say a its a fighting game, would you give the newcomers to the circuit a handicap of say...70% reduction in the damage they take when they go up against someone who is much more experienced and a veteran in the tournaments? No, you wouldn't.

What you view as elitist is not elitist, not to mention PvE also has its on brand of elitist. Its an acknowledgment of the differences between a PvE mode and a PvP mode which you can't seem to wrap your head around apparently...

Who decides that? You?

All is fair in WvW.

You're going to get outnumbered. You're going to encounter players who are better than you are or use a build that outclasses yours. There will be NPC guards and seige equipment. When you bring an army, the enemy will bring a bigger one and wipe you out. Even if you try to set up a fair fight (i.e. dueling), other players will interrupt and try to kill you. If you're looking for a fair fight, you're playing the wrong game mode.

I have the feeling you will bring your roamers and gank me. How about a real 1v1? I have my tower and you need to take it from me. If someone helps you, you lose though.

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

Skill gap isn't a
bad
want

Do you know what people
actually
not
no

reason

dying
in a
Player Versus Player
game mode then maybe they shouldn't play the game mode? Simple as that. It clearly isn't for them and anything Anet does isn't going to keep them around, giving them some sort of "damage reduction" for being low rank wouldn't help anything and it would just frustrate the veteran players because New Player #1 suddenly has 50% damage reduction because you're a Mithril rank. That doesn't work.

Anyway...

Thats nowhere near elitist....at all. Thats just recognition of the difference between PvE and PvP. PvE has multiples times the players that WvW has yes because of the rewards but also because PvE is a mixture of WvW, PvE and PvP players since you really can't get by very well in this game, especially if you want Legendaries and other things, without playing at least some PvE.

None of that is a valid justification for your ideas. PvE is a completely different entity to PvP and
many
PvE players just entirely lack interest in any kind of PvP, thats why so many play GW2, because in PvE there is no kind of open world PvP so they don't have to deal with ganking or anything. You're trying to attract a type of player to a
PvP mode
that otherwise have no interest in PvP.

PvE: The challenges you face and overcome comes directly from facing the environment of the game world. As such when you complete larger tasks in this environment you get rewarded. In PvE you
cooperate
with each other, there is no competing. At least not in GW2.

PvP: The challenges you face and overcome comes directly from facing
other players
. Either fighting to get more kills, to survive or over an objective. As such when you are able to kill another player or take an objective from enemy players you get rewarded. Primarily you
compete
with other players but can also
cooperate
to allow yourself to
compete
against larger numbers of players.

This is apparently the difference you're not acknowledging. You can't have a competition between players if literally everyone is just handed rewards regardless of winning or losing, imagine if thats how the Automated Tournaments worked in sPvP? Just everyone gets 500g + other rewards just for participating? What would be the point in winning?

Also in a tournament, say a its a fighting game, would you give the newcomers to the circuit a handicap of say...70% reduction in the damage they take when they go up against someone who is much more experienced and a veteran in the tournaments? No, you wouldn't.

What you view as elitist is not elitist, not to mention PvE also has its on brand of elitist. Its an acknowledgment of the differences between a PvE mode and a PvP mode which you can't seem to wrap your head around apparently...

There are lots of ways to get PPT without even facing another player. Maybe for you the challenge comes from encountering them but the vast majority of people doesn't seem to think that way. If we want the same number of players PvE has, these interactions need to be cut to a minimum. The elephant was a major imrovement in that part but frankly I don't think it was enough. There is still very unpleasant stuff going on. The encounters that can't be avoided have to be as pleasant as possible for all sides by making lower ranks resistant to damage for example or to be more on topic by disabling the wisper chat.

@schloumou.3982 said:

Skill gap isn't a
bad
want

Do you know what people
actually
not
no

reason

dying
in a
Player Versus Player

Anyway...

None of that is a valid justification for your ideas. PvE is a completely different entity to PvP and
many
PvE players just entirely lack interest in any kind of PvP, thats why so many play GW2, because in PvE there is no kind of open world PvP so they don't have to deal with ganking or anything. You're trying to attract a type of player to a
PvP mode
that otherwise have no interest in PvP.

PvE: The challenges you face and overcome comes directly from facing the environment of the game world. As such when you complete larger tasks in this environment you get rewarded. In PvE you
cooperate
with each other, there is no competing. At least not in GW2.

PvP: The challenges you face and overcome comes directly from facing
other players
. Either fighting to get more kills, to survive or over an objective. As such when you are able to kill another player or take an objective from enemy players you get rewarded. Primarily you
compete
with other players but can also
cooperate
to allow yourself to
compete
against larger numbers of players.

There are lots of ways to get PPT without even facing another player. Maybe for you the challenge comes from encountering them but the vast majority of people doesn't seem to think that way. If we want the same number of players PvE has, these interactions need to be cut to a minimum. The elephant was a major imrovement in that part but frankly I don't think it was enough. There is still very unpleasant stuff going on. The encounters that can't be avoided have to be as pleasant as possible for all sides by making lower ranks resistant to damage for example or to be more on topic by disabling the wisper chat.

...No.

WvW is PvP, it was designed with PvP and yet you're trying to turn it into some PvE mode? Yeah...no. No. Your ideas are clearly for something else, not WvW as a game mode.

You're trying to imply that they need to limit player vs player interaction in WvW? That is completely counter-productive to WvW and what needs to be done to improve it. You might think differently, as you've stated, but this idea you hold as to what WvW is and should be is just...not helpful. At all.

The "vast majority of people" is who exactly? Its definitely not WvW players, many of them have been asking for improvements to rewards, improvements to matchups and fixes to problems such as off hours capping and low population servers that make it difficult to maintain coverage against the much higher population servers. That is why ArenaNet has been working on the Alliance System for quite a while now, which I hope they've stepped up development on. The intent of that system is to make WvW more focused around guilds and "servers" are comprised of guilds that form alliances together through this system. These are all things ArenaNet is trying to do to improve the Player Versus Player components and competitive nature of WvW. WvW saw its initial drop in population because of the reason you're saying that ArenaNet should, apparently, go with a more PvE oriented experience. Going further in that direction is not going to fix the population problem nor will it make the game mode better. It will make it worse.

Also what is this "elephant"? You mean the mount? If thats what you're referring to ArenaNet is already, as they stated, working on ways to mitigate how easily people can just avoid PvP in WvW with the mount. They have already stated their intentions on adding a trap that dismounts players and a skill the mount can use to also dismount players. They very clearly don't share in your idea that WvW needs to go more in the direction of PvE and avoiding player vs player encounters. They want to improve that aspect.

Your perception of what a "pleasant" encounter is with that idea, giving damage reduction to lower ranked players, would only be "pleasant" for the lower rank player. Whereas the veteran players would become frustrated at this concept of 50% or more damage reduction just because someone hasn't played WvW for very long. No, no and even more no.

Put yourself in their shoes, say you are Mithril rank some time down the line and you encounter a Bronze rank with say 60% damage reduction to all damage. You engage them in a 1v1 fight because you want to keep them from capturing a camp and you're the only ones around. You, just because you have played longer, are at an immediate disadvantage because you will not do enough damage to kill them especially in the case of classes like Druid or Holosmith, just as examples, where both of these classes have some pretty good sustain options. They will inevitably wipe you out because you have no such damage reduction.

Now take this same scenario and lets change a variable. Lets say this Bronze rank player is someone who makes a new account, free or bought, but they have a main account that is Mithril rank and they have been playing WvW for a long time and are also very good at playing their class. Much better than you (WvW rank does not equal skill btw, that has been proven many times over). Now they enter WvW with this "smurf" account and run into you while you are playing on the account that is Mithril rank. This player, with much more experience and skill, now has 60% damage reduction and you engage in a 1v1 with them. You lose.

How does that seem helpful or healthy to you?

Also back on topic I guess, if you dislike toxicity thats fine, I dislike it too which is why even when I kill people and if its a good fight I whisper them "good fight" and I am rather respectful towards others when I encounter them ingame. Yes there are bad apples that will whisper you and start trash talking and whatever else but this is the internet...and while that isn't justification for that kind of behavior it is also a reason to ignore it. Its a stranger, on the internet whose opinion literally doesn't matter to you. You will likely never encounter this particular person in real life.

@Virdo.1540 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:Im getting sick of it to get annoyed by some Enemies that just block someone to write, spam and insult anyone that just wins an normal fight.Even worse are these players who wait until you come online to just write tons of messages with insults like from a conveyour belt.Everytime I go to wvw and maybe kill 2-3 players i got at least one of them writing to me afterwards...How do you guys&girls think about removing the function to block enemies? or would you wish to keep it?

I mean if you get triggered by salty people in PvP u should just stick to PvE my dude, salt and PMs are what most people even play WvW for, just saying, stick to your living story, PvP games are definitelly not for you.

its not that i get triggered, i just get annoyed from so many messages over and over again, esp when im trying to chat with guild members etc.

Not for nothing, but my guild literally camps spawns in EBG, to the point where we are convinced anet changed the immune distance at red spawn because of it. We occasionally get some salty whispers, but nothing crazy. If you are getting that many salty whispers, something is up. :P

@schloumou.3982 said:

Who decides that? You?

All is fair in WvW.

I have the feeling you will bring your roamers and gank me. How about a real 1v1? I have my tower and you need to take it from me. If someone helps you, you lose though.

I don't care about losing. I'm in it for the fights. So, if you really just want a duel and it's too much for you to handle random interruptions that happen in an open world pvp environment, I'll be a good sport and we can do this in a guild hall arena.

If not, that's cool. I have no trouble making friends on enemy teams that are down to duel and don't get all salty when they lose. We're in it for the fights, man. Get on board!

Who decides that? You?

All is fair in WvW.

I don't care about losing. I'm in it for the fights. So, if you really just want a duel and it's too much for you to handle random interruptions that happen in an open world pvp environment, I'll be a good sport and we can do this in a guild hall arena.

If not, that's cool. I have no trouble making friends on enemy teams that are down to duel and don't get all salty when they lose. We're in it for the fights, man. Get on board!

How is that supposed to work? There are no towers in the guild hall.

Even if I did believe that, which I really don't, we have already seen in the past that Anet has had quite a large disconnect with its community when it comes to
many
things, WvW especially. If this is in reference to Mike O'brien saying something back during HoT to the effect of "we find that the players who enjoy WvW also enjoy PvE" (paraphrasing a bit) then yeah thats not credible.

not credible? they could easy examine accounts en masse and do a query "Plays WVW And/Or PVE?"

and draw tangible conclusion based on the result.

Even if I did believe that, which I really don't, we have already seen in the past that Anet has had quite a large disconnect with its community when it comes to
many
things, WvW especially. If this is in reference to Mike O'brien saying something back during HoT to the effect of "we find that the players who enjoy WvW also enjoy PvE" (paraphrasing a bit) then yeah thats not credible.

not credible? they could easy examine accounts en masse and do a query "Plays WVW And/Or PVE?"

and draw tangible conclusion based on the result.

Yeah, I know. I say its not credible because to make any worthwhile money or get legendaries, especially at the time of when he said that (Heart of Thorns) they did not have a way to get legendaries in WvW so PvE was the only way. So just statistically....yeah no shit people who play WvW also play/played PvE...otherwise they wouldn't have anything. I spend about 80% of my time in WvW, yet I have several Legendary weapons because I have had to leave WvW and go play PvE to get them.

See how that works? Thats why what he said isn't credible because "uhhm...duh?" and also why there is this presumed disconnect with what WvW players want in the game mode. They don't go to it because they play PvE, they go to it because its PvP. A different PvP than sPvP. You know like how GW1 also had several different PvP game modes. Alliance Battles, Random Arenas, Codex Arenas, Heroes Ascent, Guild vs Guild, Jade Quarry, Fort Aspenwood. Did many of these modes also have "PvE" elements? Yes, but light ones. The focus was on actual PvP content, not the NPCs.

Being honest i would love to have a mechanic like „if you whisp someone you cannot block them/turn invisible for next 5 minutes”. No more bold trash talkers that whisp you some stuff and instantly block you away so you cannot hurt their e-feelings. But we all know it ain’t gonna happen, too bad...

And how do you handle this kind of people? Trash talkers are usually bad at this game so just add them to „friend list”, snipe and do some corpse jumping, siege throwing, banquet over body or other cool-kids-club stuff. Also dont forget to block them so you make sure they will get even more furious or dont and prepare some popcorn because show is right about to start.

@"KryTiKaL.3125" said:If this is in reference to Mike O'brien saying something back during HoT to the effect of "we find that the players who enjoy WvW also enjoy PvE" (paraphrasing a bit) then >yeah thats not credible.

It's not really paraphrasing if you change the meaning and i for my part rather base my opinion on the statement of someone that has access to the actual data over someone who projects his own pattern to the rest of the playerbase. No offense.

Step in for who? The new players or the non-WvW players? If they don't want to play WvW then they don't play it, thats entirely fine. You're essentially trying to suggest >changes to tailor a game mode towards people who already don't play it or don't want to play it. It makes no sense. That would be like trying to design League of Legends >around being a singleplayer RPG.

Depends on how many people like the game. It makes sense when you lack players, what is clearly the case here.

Also you're perception of what Engineer is or isn't in this game is entirely irrelevant.

Why? I'm trying to give feedback here.

If you want to have a better chance at staying alive when you're fighting more experienced players...then stop blaming everyone else. That is literally entirely your own fault.

But People don't play games to be held accountable for their mistakes. They just want to have a good time.

@schloumou.3982 said:

@"KryTiKaL.3125" said:If this is in reference to Mike O'brien saying something back during HoT to the effect of "we find that the players who enjoy WvW also enjoy PvE" (paraphrasing a bit) then >yeah thats not credible.

It's not really paraphrasing if you change the meaning and i for my part rather base my opinion on the statement of someone that has access to the actual data over someone who projects his own pattern to the rest of the playerbase. No offense.

I didn't change the meaning. Its close to what he said, I just don't have the exact quote available to me right now which was why I paraphrased.

As for basing your opinion on the data, that works in some regards but it doesn't correlate with actual feedback from the community nor the dwindled population in WvW. Also that data paired with that statement doesn't make it credible, like I explained to someone else; "no duh" people who play WvW also play PvE as PvE was and still is the only worthwhile and effective way of earning gold and, at the time, acquiring Legendary weapons and armor. If you primarily played WvW but wanted literally any of the Legendary weapons then you needed to play through multiple aspects of PvE to actually acquire them which would be why it would look like "WvW players also play PvE" again..."duh". However that does not in any way mean that those players want WvW to turn into some PvE game mode, in fact many of the posts and complaints vocal WvW players have pertain to the PvE elements in WvW.

Step in for who? The new players or the non-WvW players? If they don't want to play WvW then they don't play it, thats entirely fine. You're essentially trying to suggest >changes to tailor a game mode towards people who already don't play it or don't want to play it. It makes no sense. That would be like trying to design League of Legends >around being a singleplayer RPG.

Depends on how many people like the game. It makes sense when you lack players, what is clearly the case here.

Yes WvW lacks players...but not for the reasons you think. In fact the reasons for it are pretty far removed from the idea you seem to have about it.

Also you're perception of what Engineer is or isn't in this game is entirely irrelevant.

Why? I'm trying to give feedback here.

Feedback is fine, but I'm pointing out that your perception of the class itself is entirely irrelevant to my example and the context it pertains to.

Me: "Holosmith as a class is capable of strong sustain and is able to deal substantial amounts of damage"You: "Yeah but Engineer isn't really a fantasy class"

What...? What does that actually have to do with anything? Its like a completely unintentional Red Herring.

If you want to have a better chance at staying alive when you're fighting more experienced players...then stop blaming everyone else. That is literally entirely your own fault.

But People don't play games to be held accountable for their mistakes. They just want to have a good time.

And they are allowed to have a good time...but if they don't enjoy something in particular, like PvP, that doesn't mean the Devs now have to bend over backwards and start catering to people who clearly don't want to play in that game mode. Also I'm not saying "get good scrub", no, what I am saying is that if you don't want to then that is fine but you have to take some personal responsibility for that and acknowledge "I clearly want something different out of this" and not try to shove your idea of how a PvP mode should turn into a PvE mode when it is clearly not that.

If you want to PvP then okay, but if you don't want to improve and get better thats okay too, but you have to acknowledge that you are doing this all to yourself. If you want to stop getting killed so easily, if you want to stop losing to other players then maybe PvP isn't for you. Its okay to not play it, but if you want to play it and not be an easy kill then you should try to improve. Plenty of people suck at first in PvP and then get better and have fun while doing it and then they still have fun afterwards. If that isn't your kind of fun then fine, but stop trying to shove that onto the rest of the people who play the mode for the very reason that you want to change it.

You have your mode for large scale and open world PvE. Let us have our mode for large scale and open world PvP.