Toxic wvw Enemies

Virdo.1540

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my blocklist grew up also pretty much as a pure necro player.

mostly because spvp. i was in hospital 3 weeks and when i came back i dropped down from platinum to somewhat lower silver cause of inactivity. on my way back up i got alot spam of low educated players who just dont know how to fight, trying to compensate their loser feeling by trying to win somewhat vocal fight. most the time they lie and put false reality of the fight to trigger you. that is lack of intelligence cause they could instead ask questions to learn more and get to improve. yeah it happens mostly in spvp bronze, silver and gold. in platinum only if you mess up really bad and team loses cause of your error but thats legitimate criticism for me as in the upper ranks its for the win and league ranks.

i offer them 1vs1 in pvp server, most of them shut up then. the best way to handle the low educated is to let action speak instead of words is my experience.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Twilight Tempest.7584 said:When is someone 100% retreating a threat?What do you plan on doing after you retreat?

Stop playing WvW?

If the answer is no, then you're still 100% a threat.

If the answer is yes well then sure, I'll give you that. Outside WvW you're not a threat to any objectives.

This^.

The OP stated he was going to go to another camp. Therefore a ‘threat’.

@Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

@"schloumou.3982" said:Yep. Those displayed ranks are kind of insulting too. It only leads to low rank players beeing harassed and focused by the self proclaimed roamers. Needs to be done something.

Totally feel like low rank puts a target on one's back sometimes. So many "roamers" go out of their way to chase you down and dismount you even when you're trying to run. All so they can win an unfair fight.

Also, is "shivering" emote over your body a new form of bm? And how do people even whisper enemies in WvW? Sorry, I'm pretty new to the mode.

As a general rule I won't touch anything less than Bronze
, unless they're preventing me from capturing or defending an objective, or they decided to +X in an already outnumbered fight. In that case, yea I'll find you and yea I might not give you a fair fight either, you gave up that right the moment you +Xed.No clue about the shivering emote, but there was never a strict guide on how to BM in emotes.

Well-under-Bronze pleb here. Still get deliberately chased and murdered by roamers all the time. Just yesterday, I approached a camp hoping to pick off a few NPCs for the daily. A Diamond roamer was idling there. I stopped dead in my tracks, paused a second, and turned tail. But before I could gain enough distance, they dismounted me and my fate was sealed. How more obvious could it be that I didn't want to fight? This sort of thing happens far too often. It's like the decline of roaming makes remaining roamers hungry for anything that happens by. I've yet to experience any dignified roamers who leave low ranks alone (unless there's a reason not to), or at least forgo stomps so the lowbie can continue on their way without having to WP and travel again. Wish more people exercised some decency. :(

Sounds like they were defending a camp. You wanted to take the camp. He should let you because you are low rank?For all he knows you might be a pvp god who is making a rare entrance into wvw. And he might be an EotM farmer with less experience than you.

I stopped far outside the camp. I didn't even try to do anything besides turn and run when I saw the Diamond player approaching.

Not far enough outside of it if he was able to catch you on your mount.

My mount only has one endurance bar versus his or her two plus a javelin throw.

@"schloumou.3982" said:Yep. Those displayed ranks are kind of insulting too. It only leads to low rank players beeing harassed and focused by the self proclaimed roamers. Needs to be done something.

Totally feel like low rank puts a target on one's back sometimes. So many "roamers" go out of their way to chase you down and dismount you even when you're trying to run. All so they can win an unfair fight.

Also, is "shivering" emote over your body a new form of bm? And how do people even whisper enemies in WvW? Sorry, I'm pretty new to the mode.

, unless they're preventing me from capturing or defending an objective, or they decided to +X in an already outnumbered fight. In that case, yea I'll find you and yea I might not give you a fair fight either, you gave up that right the moment you +Xed.No clue about the shivering emote, but there was never a strict guide on how to BM in emotes.

Well-under-Bronze pleb here. Still get deliberately chased and murdered by roamers all the time. Just yesterday, I approached a camp hoping to pick off a few NPCs for the daily. A Diamond roamer was idling there. I stopped dead in my tracks, paused a second, and turned tail. But before I could gain enough distance, they dismounted me and my fate was sealed. How more obvious could it be that I didn't want to fight? This sort of thing happens far too often. It's like the decline of roaming makes remaining roamers hungry for anything that happens by. I've yet to experience any dignified roamers who leave low ranks alone (unless there's a reason not to), or at least forgo stomps so the lowbie can continue on their way without having to WP and travel again. Wish more people exercised some decency. :(

As a general rule, I leave players below bronze rank alone and
usually if I down someone who didn't fight back or only wanted to run away, I'll just go on my way and allow them to recover.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:See, everyone is different. Personally, I think players should respect the fact that player vs player combat will happen here.
I'm less likely to stomp someone that stays and fights, and I usually don't go out my way to chase players unless they've been annoying. But players that surrender without a fight? I'll always kill those.

Seems some people have mercy on someone who surrenders, while others only if they fought back. I get that there are no rules, and everyone can play as they like.

Well-under-Bronze pleb here. Still get deliberately chased and murdered by roamers all the time. Just yesterday, I approached a camp hoping to pick off a few NPCs for the daily. A Diamond roamer was idling there. I stopped dead in my tracks, paused a second, and turned tail. But before I could gain enough distance, they dismounted me and my fate was sealed. How more obvious could it be that I didn't want to fight? This sort of thing happens far too often. It's like the decline of roaming makes remaining roamers hungry for anything that happens by. I've yet to experience any dignified roamers who leave low ranks alone (unless there's a reason not to), or at least forgo stomps so the lowbie can continue on their way without having to WP and travel again. Wish more people exercised some decency. :(Then dont go to the the camp. Dont get your daily.

I assure you, I would hunt you down until you die or is so far away the effort of attemping to do so is more than disengaging. I dont care about ranks. I dont care how "weak" newbies are supposed to be or how "honorable" veterans are supposed to be. I dont care that you "dont want to fight". You just said that you approached a camp. And you
dont want to fight
?!
If I dont kill you, you would just come back to that camp as soon as I look away.

I would go elsewhere in search of something unguarded.

That was his point.. you are a threat. Taking a camp hurts the ‘score’. Not that the score actually matters.

When is someone 100% retreating a threat?

Imagine in sPvP if people just left circles out of the goodness of their hearts. "Please sir just let me have this cap its no bother is it?"
puppy eyes

But for some reason in WvW people expect to get a pass.

Decline of roaming indeed.

I don't expect freebies. I just wanted to leave. People also chase even if we randomly cross paths in the middle of nowhere and I try to avoid them. So it's not just about defending objectives. A lot of roamers actively prey on low ranks. I have a feeling if I had a high rank, they'd at least think twice.

They prey on anyone. Being platinum myself I get chased all the tine if I choose to run. Your rank is irrelevant.

Okay.

Also, if I could give them my best puppy eyes, maybe they would be nicer! :p

I assure you, I would hunt you down until you die or is so far away the effort of attemping to do so is more than disengaging. I dont care about ranks. I dont care how "weak" newbies are supposed to be or how "honorable" veterans are supposed to be. I dont care that you "dont want to fight". You just said that you
approached a camp
. And you
dont want to fight
?! If I dont kill you, you would just come back to that camp as soon as I look away. Like any other player. It doesnt matter if its 1 player or 5 players.

Imagine in sPvP if people just left circles out of the goodness of their hearts. "Please sir just let me have this cap its no bother is it?"
puppy eyes

Agreed.

If they hate fighting so much then they can go somewhere else instead, and if they want a Legendary set, they can go do PvE where roamers won't delibrately chase them down and kill them.

I don't mind fair fights. Just wish more people were like those here who said they avoid picking on low ranks without reason, and sometimes spare their defeated opponents the stomp. Those are things I would like to do myself if I get better. But for now, since I'm at a gear, perk, and experience disadvantage, I try to avoid confrontation as much as possible.

You are in a PvP zone with PvE elements in it.... that’s the nature of it. Honestly, the only way you get better at fighting is to..... fight.

As I said, I don't mind fair fights, or even uphill fights. It's more the indecency that turns me off. Again, veterans deliberately bullying newbies, stomping when mercy might be in order, and any sort of bm/toxic whispers.

Judging by the mostly unsympathetic responses, I guess you guys don't remember what it's like to be new and at the bottom of the food chain. Personally, I tend to feel bad for underdogs just trying to make their way, and I don't feel any joy beating a disadvantaged opponent. But hey, that's just me.

Being new I joined a WvW guild and learned how to play there. I learned builds, basic tactics and then how to fight. When I got wrecked (often) I asked for guidance on how to improve.

That’s how a ‘low rank new player’ can succeed instead of being a ‘toxic victim’.

Can I get some WvW guild recommendations? What if I'm on a low tier server?

I am 100% with you on the toxic whispers. I'm just here to fight other players and have fun. I have zero interest I ruining anyone's experience.

Having said that, I feel it's unreasonable to expect other players to follow arbitrary rules that they can't possibly be aware of or be held responsible for ruining your enjoyment. In my opinion, that is as much the source of toxicity in competitive play as those few who really are out to cause other players distress.

A while back, I think I saw a YT roamer say they only fight people looking for a fight and they don't stomp unless the person keeps coming back or is rude. I guess I just hoped more people were like this. Regardless, if I stick around and get better, I plan to play by this code, whether others do or not.

There are plenty of people like this. And plenty more who aren't out to get you, but are just playing a PvP game mode. Yeah, there are people who get off on making your life miserable, too. But I feel that when we make assumptions about the motivations of others while applying rules they can't possibly be expected to uphold, we set the expectation in our own mind that when others don't comply they are trying to "troll" you. That's why I say this attitude is "toxic", because it really is the source of more complaints than the actual toxic behavior (see forum threads on this exact subject, repeatedly, year after year) and leads to endless conflict.

So, again, the Red Rule is the way. You don't have to be a bloodthirsty killer to follow this rule either. All you have to do is acknowledge that all kills are fair kills and that every player has a right to kill any other player they can in a PvP game. When you really start to think like this, it shouldn't matter how or why you were killed anymore and you can just play the game and enjoy it (at least, that's the idea and that's how it works for me!).

Good luck out there!

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

Sounds like they were defending a camp. You wanted to take the camp. He should let you because you are low rank?For all he knows you might be a pvp god who is making a rare entrance into wvw. And he might be an EotM farmer with less experience than you.

I stopped far outside the camp. I didn't even try to do anything besides turn and run when I saw the Diamond player approaching.

usually if I down someone who didn't fight back or only wanted to run away, I'll just go on my way and allow them to recover.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:See, everyone is different. Personally, I think players should respect the fact that player vs player combat will happen here.
I'm less likely to stomp someone that stays and fights, and I usually don't go out my way to chase players unless they've been annoying. But players that surrender without a fight? I'll always kill those.

Seems some people have mercy on someone who surrenders, while others only if they fought back. I get that there are no rules, and everyone can play as they like.

Well-under-Bronze pleb here. Still get deliberately chased and murdered by roamers all the time. Just yesterday, I approached a camp hoping to pick off a few NPCs for the daily. A Diamond roamer was idling there. I stopped dead in my tracks, paused a second, and turned tail. But before I could gain enough distance, they dismounted me and my fate was sealed. How more obvious could it be that I didn't want to fight? This sort of thing happens far too often. It's like the decline of roaming makes remaining roamers hungry for anything that happens by. I've yet to experience any dignified roamers who leave low ranks alone (unless there's a reason not to), or at least forgo stomps so the lowbie can continue on their way without having to WP and travel again. Wish more people exercised some decency. :(Then dont go to the the camp. Dont get your daily.

I assure you, I would hunt you down until you die or is so far away the effort of attemping to do so is more than disengaging. I dont care about ranks. I dont care how "weak" newbies are supposed to be or how "honorable" veterans are supposed to be. I dont care that you "dont want to fight". You just said that you approached a camp. And you
dont want to fight
?!
If I dont kill you, you would just come back to that camp as soon as I look away.

That was his point.. you are a threat. Taking a camp hurts the ‘score’. Not that the score actually matters.

puppy eyes

I don't expect freebies. I just wanted to leave. People also chase even if we randomly cross paths in the middle of nowhere and I try to avoid them. So it's not just about defending objectives. A lot of roamers actively prey on low ranks. I have a feeling if I had a high rank, they'd at least think twice.

They prey on anyone. Being platinum myself I get chased all the tine if I choose to run. Your rank is irrelevant.

Okay.

I assure you, I would hunt you down until you die or is so far away the effort of attemping to do so is more than disengaging. I dont care about ranks. I dont care how "weak" newbies are supposed to be or how "honorable" veterans are supposed to be. I dont care that you "dont want to fight". You just said that you
approached a camp
. And you
dont want to fight
?! If I dont kill you, you would just come back to that camp as soon as I look away. Like any other player. It doesnt matter if its 1 player or 5 players.

puppy eyes

Agreed.

If they hate fighting so much then they can go somewhere else instead, and if they want a Legendary set, they can go do PvE where roamers won't delibrately chase them down and kill them.

I don't mind fair fights. Just wish more people were like those here who said they avoid picking on low ranks without reason, and sometimes spare their defeated opponents the stomp. Those are things I would like to do myself if I get better. But for now, since I'm at a gear, perk, and experience disadvantage, I try to avoid confrontation as much as possible.

You are in a PvP zone with PvE elements in it.... that’s the nature of it. Honestly, the only way you get better at fighting is to..... fight.

As I said, I don't mind fair fights, or even uphill fights. It's more the indecency that turns me off. Again, veterans deliberately bullying newbies, stomping when mercy might be in order, and any sort of bm/toxic whispers.

Judging by the mostly unsympathetic responses, I guess you guys don't remember what it's like to be new and at the bottom of the food chain. Personally, I tend to feel bad for underdogs just trying to make their way, and I don't feel any joy beating a disadvantaged opponent. But hey, that's just me.

Being new I joined a WvW guild and learned how to play there. I learned builds, basic tactics and then how to fight. When I got wrecked (often) I asked for guidance on how to improve.

That’s how a ‘low rank new player’ can succeed instead of being a ‘toxic victim’.

I am 100% with you on the toxic whispers. I'm just here to fight other players and have fun. I have zero interest I ruining anyone's experience.

Having said that, I feel it's unreasonable to expect other players to follow arbitrary rules that they can't possibly be aware of or be held responsible for ruining your enjoyment. In my opinion, that is as much the source of toxicity in competitive play as those few who really are out to cause other players distress.

A while back, I think I saw a YT roamer say they only fight people looking for a fight and they don't stomp unless the person keeps coming back or is rude. I guess I just hoped more people were like this. Regardless, if I stick around and get better, I plan to play by this code, whether others do or not.

There are plenty of people like this. And plenty more who aren't out to get you, but are just playing a PvP game mode. Yeah, there are people who get off on making your life miserable, too. But I feel that when we make assumptions about the motivations of others while applying rules they can't possibly be expected to uphold, we set the expectation in our own mind that when others don't comply they are trying to "troll" you. That's why I say this attitude is "toxic", because it really is the source of more complaints than the actual toxic behavior (see forum threads on this exact subject, repeatedly, year after year) and leads to endless conflict.

So, again, the Red Rule is the way. You don't have to be a bloodthirsty killer to follow this rule either. All you have to do is acknowledge that all kills are fair kills and that every player has a right to kill any other player they can in a PvP game. When you really start to think like this, it shouldn't matter how or why you were killed anymore and you can just play the game and enjoy it (at least, that's the idea and that's how it works for me!).

Good luck out there!

AMENTo that!

Your best bet if you want to show you come in peace and just want to observe:

1 Quaggan/Nuhoch tonic

2 kite/balloon

3 /wave

Those are usually left alone even near big clashes. But they are also known or social cross server players. Yet the moment you show your intent in capturing/fighting an objective, you can expect to be BM'ed for using that ploy.

My advice if you're just after your dailies, to be on a build that has high evac potential, one that can tank (like marauder/durability) and avoid initial bursts followed by fast egressing. Be it by access to stealth or teleports to get the fastest out of combat distance so you can mount up or tp.

Reminds me of the time about 8 greens and I were waiting for the veteran warg and a lone red causally rode up, dismounted and stood nearby. To my amazement, no one attacked despite the obvious numbers imbalance. We all got our daily creature slayer but some meanies killed the poor red in the fray. Maybe it was an accident from people not paying attention to targeting, or AOEs. I hope he got credit. Apart from the unfortunate end, the restraint so many people showed was remarkable.You get some interesting encounters around the Daily WvW Veteran Creature Slayer. I was once waiting for the harpy with a 10-man enemy guild group. A 4-man group came from the third server and downed me fast. The 10-man group proceeded to wipe them, not killing me and rallying me in the process.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@primatos.5413 said:Stop playing clowny cheese builds could help decrease toxicity

This^The playerbase of this game is the worst I've seen for bandwagoning I've seen in a game. As soon as players qq about a outlier class having a cheesey build or skills within days those handful of classes and builds are all u see.

Probably because in other MMOs you have a fraction of the amount of builds and ability to customize your play as GW2.

Well in other MMO you need to farm gear when there is a major change (patch) so it take some more effort to join the FoTM build. Here you just swap some stats on a Legandary if you after max stat.

Wave and jump a few times?

Usually works unless you are in a known dueling spot, because then you're asking for a fight instead.

I walked up to a camp that 4 reds had taken during camp dailies and I was alone on my Starclaw. Sat there for a minute with all 5 of us hopping up and down on our Warclaws and I went to take the camp and they went on with their roaming circuit. Sometimes roamers can convey with a few simple jumps and waves that they just want to do dailies.

Although I have been THAT guy before. I came up on the Wurm during Vet dailies once with 10 greens there. Waved a bunch of times, one guy waved a bunch back. Well all killed the Wurm and while that went down I downed and stomped the guy that waved to me and ran on out, with all his buddies watching.

Yeah and while you at IT try a quagan tonic/nohuch tonic with a kite...That little extra might give some extra Signs...speaking for myself its more clear...mostly people get into tonic before approaching you if they friendly..jump 2 mins and donr

Finally some constructive advice. I'll give that a try. Reminds me of the time about 8 greens and I were waiting for the veteran warg and a lone red causally rode up, dismounted and stood nearby. To my amazement, no one attacked despite the obvious numbers imbalance. We all got our daily creature slayer but some meanies killed the poor red in the fray. Maybe it was an accident from people not paying attention to targeting, or AOEs. I hope he got credit. Apart from the unfortunate end, the restraint so many people showed was remarkable. Maybe dailies hunters have a better code of ethics than a lot of the "dis war, me see red, me smash" roamers.

If all I want to do is fight, I'll play PvP. At least there, there's a reason someone's beating you up, and fights are more on even terms.

Lol you still in a war zone...considering people dicks because you interprete An area wrong is your fault and not theirs..same goes for real life

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"Twilight Tempest.7584" said:When is someone 100% retreating a threat?What do you plan on doing after you retreat?

Stop playing WvW?

If the answer is yes well then sure, I'll give you that. Outside WvW you're not a threat to any objectives.

This^.

I believe what you're thinking of is: "I would go elsewhere in search of something unguarded."

In case you two didn't know, there are three worlds in WvW. Not everyone is specifically after your world's precious territories. If your thing is to murder everything that breathes, that's your prerogative. Just don't kid yourselves trying to justify it.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

dont want to fight
?!

puppy eyes

Okay.

approached a camp
. And you
dont want to fight

puppy eyes

Agreed.

Good luck out there!

Thank you so much for this perspective!

@aleron.1438 said:Your best bet if you want to show you come in peace and just want to observe:

1 Quaggan/Nuhoch tonic

2 kite/balloon

3 /wave

Those are usually left alone even near big clashes. But they are also known or social cross server players. Yet the moment you show your intent in capturing/fighting an objective, you can expect to be BM'ed for using that ploy.

My advice if you're just after your dailies, to be on a build that has high evac potential, one that can tank (like marauder/durability) and avoid initial bursts followed by fast egressing. Be it by access to stealth or teleports to get the fastest out of combat distance so you can mount up or tp.

I had no idea tonics and novelties worked in WvW. Guessing it's only these specific ones? If enemies have character models set to generic, will they even see cute, harmless, kite-waving Quaggan? Thanks for this tip!

@Twilight Tempest.7584 said:When is someone 100% retreating a threat?What do you plan on doing after you retreat?

Stop playing WvW?

This^.

I believe what you're thinking of is: "I would go elsewhere in search of something unguarded."

In case you two didn't know, there are three worlds in WvW. Not everyone is specifically after your world's precious territories. If your thing is to murder everything that breathes, that's your prerogative. Just don't kid yourselves trying to justify it.

I don’t justify. It’s not worth my energy. I enjoy engaging other players. Period. That includes getting pulled into situations I can’t win. That doesn’t make someone toxic.....

There is a really neat thing in this game.... I can respawn after I die....

I don’t even lose equipment to someone when I die. It’s really sweet.

So... take advantage of any engagement to get better and learn. If you are running a build that you would use in PvE, maybe try something different designed for running alone, tweak it and work on improving.

Or don’t. Just don’t expect people to play the way you think they should.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Stop playing WvW?

This^.

I don’t justify. It’s not worth my energy.

And justification isn't needed. But Dawdler, above, and you in full agreement, tried to do just that: justify chasing down and killing a retreating player who signaled they didn't want any trouble, on the theory they are 100% a threat unless they leave WvW. Extreme much?

So on the one hand you say you don't justify killing because it's not worth your energy, but you did just that above. Just say you like to fight and kill at your whim and own it. No need to pretend there's a reason, but then say you don't need reasons.

That's fine and all. But there's also this limited resource called "time." It tends to get wasted by pointless killing of casuals just trying to do a couple low-impact dailies. Is being killed and sent back to respawn the risk for chasing these dailies? Absolutely. Doesn't mean it has to be the norm. So yeah, you do you and get your jollies off wasting casuals' time. And I'll do me, and not.

So... take advantage of any engagement to get better and learn. If you are running a build that you would use in PvE, maybe try something different designed for running alone, tweak it and work on improving.

^ Sound advice.

If you want to to say: "no, fuck you!" to any ganking, you can also abuse of the templates feature. Set 4 keybinds: Bunker Gear & Bunker build, Burst Gear & Burst Build. You roam around going to your daily locations in bunker mode, able to survive any bursts out of the blue with the opportunity to evac alive OOC. And when you find your daily area undefended, you swap to burst, nuke it and swap back to Bunker mode while waiting on capture timer.

An example of an over the top bunker spec would be like a deadeye in nomad (vitality toughness healing power) gear with rune of durability which procs protection and resistance when hit so it will nullify any stealth gankers that try to 1 shot you), sporting dual rifle with energy on both for triple dodge and stealth stacking in Acro/Shadow Arts. There's a known saying amongst thieves where you won't die unless you want to. This DE spec would take it to the summit. It would just be for mobility and evading any bad situations. You could take rune of speed instead for an easier time to get OOC too. Nomad gear would cover for the loss of durability proc.

Stop playing WvW?

This^.

And justification isn't needed. But Dawdler, above, and you in full agreement, tried to do just that: justify chasing down and killing a retreating player who signaled they didn't want any trouble, on the theory they are 100% a threat unless they leave WvW. Extreme much?

So on the one hand you say you don't justify killing because it's not worth your energy, but you did just that above. Just say you like to fight and kill at your whim and own it. No need to pretend there's a reason, but then say you don't need reasons.

That's fine and all. But there's also this limited resource called "time." It tends to get wasted by pointless killing of casuals just trying to do a couple low-impact dailies. Is being killed and sent back to respawn the risk for chasing these dailies? Absolutely. Doesn't mean it has to be the norm. So yeah, you do you and get your jollies off wasting casuals' time. And I'll do me, and not.

^ Sound advice.It's not extreme.

You say there is a limited resource called "time". WvW is 24/7, 365 days a year, with the exception of the 5m between reset. Points is literally based on the time you hold objectives. You call it "wasting casuals time". You're wasting my time trying to cap a camp my server holds, because if that's lost I have to spend time getting it back. That's why I will hunt you down and send you packing to spawn. Because every second you're not doing something useful is a win for the server.

This is the simple fact of the WvW gamemode, because it's literally how it's played. We're all here to waste each others time until one side wins.

At the end of the day, you either accept that it is an open field pvp game mode or you don't. In OW PvE good luck trying to tell other players what they can or cannot do, and the same applies to WvW. As to anyone's thoughts or feelings about roaming, zerging, or whatever, they remain just that: your thoughts and feelings.

I have my own viewpoints on roamers, zergers, and every label in between, and that's all they will ever be: my opinions. They are neither right, wrong, or anything in the middle. Many will agree with them, many will disagree with them, and neither group has any relevance.

I've said it dozens of times on various threads on various subjects: adapt to the game, stop asking demanding the game adapt to you.

Stop playing WvW?

This^.

So, you want to add a mechanism that ‘unflaggs you’ for any PvP engagement? There is no signal that is universally accepted.. (well, tonics and kites are pretty well accepted but..)

I think you misunderstood (or I explained it poorly), I don’t feel a need to ‘justify’ it. I enjoy engaging anyone, including those who destroy me. And maybe that is a ‘justification’, but I don’t think either of us benefit from arguing the semantics of that word.

See, there is a big reason why we disagree. I don’t view it as wasting anyone’s time. I am simply engaging and making Red = Dead. (It also gains me 10 minutes of time on my skirmish track lol)

If you find those engagements are a waste of time, then maybe WvW isn’t for you. I hate that as I want people to enjoy it, but we both know that there are areas of the game we enjoy more than others (To me, PvE is like an I.V. of habanero pepper juice concentrated by 50 times)

I love some trash talk. Usually I will respond and try to escalate. Nothing abusive just some good old trolling. Sadly it just doesn't happen that often, maybe because I usually leave the daily only people alone if they are doing stuff that don't really matter (like veteran creature or monuments).
I miss the drama of open world ganking.

Stop playing WvW?

This^.

^ Sound advice.

I imagine the point this person is trying to convey (forgive me for making the assumption) is that they shouldn't require a justification for doing what the game mode allows. I don't think it's particularly relevant what their motivations are. Would you ever know about them if they never told you? You're obviously welcome to feel how you want to feel about those motivations, whatever they may be. But why does it matter so much to you whether you're killed by a friendly player who just likes to fight or a not-so-friendly player who couldn't care less about your feelings on the matter...and also likes to fight?

It's an honest question to ponder. Why does it matter so much? What if it didn't? What would that be like?

The whole thing is pretty simple.

There are advantages to killing a player. It gives score, it protects objectives, it rewards the player. These are all very concrete benefits.

On the other hand there not killing a player is at best neutral, and frequently negative. The player you let go may have reinforcements and end up killing you. There is no reason to believe that your enemy will show you the same mercy. There is no in-game incentive to doing such a thing. We don't have ransoms, nor would anyone want to pay for a pver either.

The only reason to not kill another player is because they bring content. Maybe they offer you a good fight, or some other form of RP amusement or whatever you're into. But at the end of the day, the other player needs to bring some kind of value, and the easiest way to demonstrate it is by bring a fight. If you see a person yolo into 3 people and fight to the death, you might find them interesting.

However, if a player brings zero value, such as merely just trying to pip farm or just get dailies, then why should they be around to get their way? I guess the ones that cry incessantly about being killed in a game where death hardly means anything do. But that only increases the incentives to killing them.

Btw let me state a fact.

We can type all we want about philosophy, but in a week or so, this thread will be forgotten by most of its readers and posters. It doesn't matter who wins or loses (just like WvW LOL) We do what we do because, frankly, it's nothing. We don't stay up at night thinking if that other player got their daily or just did Vista viewer instead. We kill you because we know it's just a game and you didn't die IRL. The few that remain bitter, though, are still going to be walking bags in a week. It's all on them.

tl;dr Diamonds aren't forever. Salt is. Don't be salty.

'Show Me Your Friends And I'll Show Your Future'

Look around us, what do we see?

1. Toxic Professions
  2. Toxic Builds
  3. Toxic Mechanics
  4. Toxic Skills
  5. Toxic Environments
  6. Toxic Designs
  7. Toxic Experiences

Want to know why we have Toxic enemies?

Want to get rid of Toxic enemies?

Look at the list?

Start with it first

@schloumou.3982 said:Yep. Those displayed ranks are kind of insulting too. It only leads to low rank players beeing harassed and focused by the self proclaimed roamers. Needs to be done something.

why that even matters do people even look at this ? i mean i solo gank/roam/whatever u wanna call it alot.and last thing i look at is rank. i only look at class for rest i couldnt give a rats ass what rank one is.

u can or could farm ranks in EoTM, u could farm a million ranks back in the lootstick guardian 11111 fightsrank means shit to me and i dont care if one is new or old player.

You'll all be happy to know that I'm your universal bad guy.

I'll chase a new player across eb to get his bag.

I'll ruin your deul and stomp you if I get you down.

I look for the slow moving players that I know are easy kills.

Once your down , I'll jump on you and maybe toss some Rams.

If I'm commanding I'm looking for an azzjam.

I want your experience to be rough , it's fun for me to make you miserable.

I'm the bad guy. Come and get some.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Stop playing WvW?

This^.

^ Sound advice.It's not extreme.

You say there is a limited resource called "time". WvW is 24/7, 365 days a year, with the exception of the 5m between reset. Points is literally based on the time you hold objectives. You call it "wasting casuals time".
You're wasting
my
time trying to cap a camp my server holds, because if that's lost
I
have to spend time getting it back.
That's why I will hunt you down and send you packing to spawn. Because every second you're not doing something useful is a win for the server.

This is the simple fact of the WvW gamemode, because it's literally how it's played. We're all here to waste each others time until one side wins.

No, no you don't. Careful not to strain your back reaching for a reason, any reason, to be an indiscriminate killer. Just be a killer.

I know you know that minor objectives like camps, especially when they're a daily, flip constantly, and are seldom held by any one server for long. Don't worry. The filthy casual dailies players on your server will take back the camp the other server's filthy casual dailies players took, as soon as that 5 minute capture immunity timer runs, and vice versa. No need to waste your precious veteran time on such trifles.

But if lurking around camps to farm casuals is your vibe, that's fine. Just don't pretend it's anything more.