Power Berserker...OMG

Aridon.8362

I was reading through the patch notes, and I thought for a second that all of the new additions were simply just making Berserker worse. I was wrong, Power Berserker is where it should have been from its inception; a raging killing machine with little to no regard for death itself. If you want to touch up a pve build I recommend going Greatsword double axe, going 3/1/1 Berserker and taking the axe mastery trait on Discipline.

Giving the axe skill a shorter casting time was definitely the right move here, also giving arc divider 3 ticks was an excellent strategy as it compensates for people able to dodge it. Also were not overpowered even though it looks like we are, being able to sacrifice that tankyness for the sake of adding more damage with Fatal Frenzy is actually very much what the Berserker spec should have had from the beginning.

This is definitely going the right direction now, however I think focusing on what matters between the way toughness and healing work together against power and condi damage on other classes needs more tweaking. I've been a warrior main for at least 3-4 years and this has been the best patch we've had in a long time.

Be careful, do not think that berserker is good the way it is. Even with the damage increased it is still not enough to beat boon spammers.Do the testing yourself and fight decent opponents 1 vs 1. You will not stand a chance against boon spamming classes!

Berserker has no way to deal with boon spam and weakness spam. Combined that with food that reduces -10% damage and barrier spamming.Yes, berserker is good against noobs, but any class can kill noobs.

The problem is when you fight decent opponents that are using the correct builds, it is then when you realize how bad berserker is.

@Hitman.5829 said:Be careful, do not think that berserker is good the way it is. Even with the damage increased it is still not enough to beat boon spammers.Do the testing yourself and fight decent opponents 1 vs 1. You will not stand a chance against boon spamming classes!

Berserker has no way to deal with boon spam and weakness spam. Combined that with food that reduces -10% damage and barrier spamming.Yes, berserker is good against noobs, but any class can kill noobs.

The problem is when you fight decent opponents that are using the correct builds, it is then when you realize how bad berserker is.

By correct builds, you mean the best and meta builds? Berserker would have to be quite overpowered to be competetive with such builds, sadly.On the other hand, Destruction of the Empowered is quite nice trait to have in such situations.Currently, you gotta surprise and kill enemy as fast as possible, best within first Berserk. Otherwise your chances of winning the fight are much lower as you get out of Berserk and have to wait 15 seconds, being basically useless - worst possible warrior state (aka the trade-off)...

@Hitman.5829 said:Be careful, do not think that berserker is good the way it is. Even with the damage increased it is still not enough to beat boon spammers.Do the testing yourself and fight decent opponents 1 vs 1. You will not stand a chance against boon spamming classes!

Berserker would never be better than Spellbreaker regarding competitive, wasn't even desing with that in mind I think. Yeah has couple traits related to that, but Berserker was shit before in PvP, it's still shit now

Really fun in unranked tho, I wouldn't dare bring it to ranked unless I wanted to troll

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:Plus, still a pain with sword /LB to rise adrenalin; I hoped it could be a "condi" buff somewhat to not compete with core warrior; but no, all interesting buff and skills are for power dmg again.

Try hammer & M/M.