What is your favorite major city to just relax and/or be there?

Rata Sum. It's trippy and techy and surreal, and has beautiful plants and aquariums. I also enjoy occasional adventures into the city's 'lost areas.' As far as i know, no other city has strange, abandoned corridors where nobody was ever meant to go. Taking a griffon out to explore the outer wall is exciting, too. And the background conversations are all very fun. The city is small and efficient and cozy, easy to get to anywhere you want to get to. I find Divity's Reach, Hoelbrak, Lion's Arch and the Black Citadel unnecessarily large and sprawling. The Grove is my second favorite, for its natural beauty and dreamlike atmosphere.

But frankly, when my characters hang out, they usually do it in Mistlock Sanctuary.

Lion's Arch. Never got to see the old one (exeptt in story bits) so I never compared two versions and find the new one pretty nice. Second one would probably be Divinity's Reach just because I really like the "endless festival" atmosphere it has: the contrast between narrow streets and flowing confetti, things like that.

Rata Sum is my home with all my characters. I use the hubs, even have the Mistlock Sanctuary. But Rata Sum is where I can relax and when I craft some cool stuff, I always go there. It has the best architecture, the most funny and entertaining NPC dialogues, two awesome spots to fly with the Griffon, and amazing spot for the the roller-beetle and the most beautiful home instance (awesome view). The Mistlock Sanctuary is nice, but mostly a playground. Rata Sum also attracts people with an awesome taste in fashion. Whenever I visit it, I always make a couple of screenshots of awesome designs. Thanks to my home-server, I often spawn on a map with a very old asura-only guild. They do not really know me, but whenever I see one of them, I feel like I am back in the time when I started the game.

When Rata Sum is overcrowded thanks to the SAB or any LS episode, I often use Ebonhawke as an alternative. It is remote, mostly unknown to the majority of the players and has pretty much everything you can ask for. It has a castle-theme similar to DR, but more knight-ish and it actually feels more like a place people live. There is an even more remote bank-access at Mithric Cliffs (Deathblade's Watch Waypoint). It is basically a Charr Stronghold with a grumpy veteran charr teaching younglings, really nice dialogue. There is a cooking-station at the fire-place. If you really do not want to be disturbed, go there. Back in the old days some of us used the Zintl Holy Grounds in Sparkfly Fen as a base/home as well. Biggest problem with those spots however is, they need to be unlocked with events and you can never be sure to spawn on a map where the features are unlocked. I wish we had similar features in the new maps or LS maps, instead of the pricy gemstore convenience areas.

One of my favorite places to chill is actually the hidden garden in mount maelstrom. It’s just so pretty and the music so nice.

Although when it comes to town areas my favorite place is simply the Lily of the Elon pass. That place is near Amnoon but has some nice aesthetics and water areas. So glad I bought the upgraded PoF as I spend a lot of time there lol.