I have a full set of Mighty WvW Infusions. No High-Level Fractals for me?

Is it that I will need to replace my full set of Mighty WvW Infusion in order to do high-level Fractals due to my lack of agony resistance? The hassle just doesn't seem worth it for someone who does a lot of WvW like me.

Am I doomed to never do high-level fractals?

A full set of WvW Might infusions costs:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mighty_WvW_Infusion18x5 Laurels = 90 Laurels equivalent to approximately 63 gold (with a generous conversion rate of 70 silver per Laurel)18x125 Badges = 2,250 Badges of Honor, converting these to Badges of Tribute they come out to about 12 gold, so let's call these 20 gold

Total cost for the WvW Might infusions: give or take 80 gold

A.) Base cost of 18 +9 agony infusions (no 5 stat bonus):18 x 8 gold: 144 gold

B.) Let's take the +5/5 basic Might infusion as baseline for fractals (most people will need +5/7s or even +5/9s if completely new):https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mighty_5_Agony_Infusion18 x 15 gold = 270 gold18 x 75 = 1,350 Magnetite Shards (at around 1k MS per 100 gold, that's around 130 gold)

Total cost for +5/5s with Magnetite Shards: 400 gold

C.) This increases to 850 gold for +5/7s and over 1,700 gold for +5/9s. As mentioned, the infusions most people will have to use when starting fractals due to lack of masteries and upgrades from Deroir.

Given the vast cost disparity, I believe it should be obvious why the WvW infusions do not work for PvE fractals (funny enough, they are fine for raids and insanely cheap at that). The 5 stat WvW infusions are a cheap way to get 5 stat advantage on the infusion slots and even beat out the +4 stat basic versions from Laurel merchants cost wise.

TL;DR:Yes, you will need to get PvE infusions for fractals.

This is my issue. I play WvW so often and the extra stats are very important to me, and switching out infusions (I even have an endless extractor) every time I feel like dipping into fractals is basically enough of a slog that I literally just don't bother with the content. My only other option is to pay 1.5k gold so I don't have the inconvenience anymore.

As you can see, this is a terrible situation where doing content became too inaccessible and awkward to the point I stopped even trying.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:This is my issue. I play WvW so often and the extra stats are very important to me, and switching out infusions (I even have an endless extractor) every time I feel like dipping into fractals is basically enough of a slog that I literally just don't bother with the content. My only other option is to pay 1.5k gold so I don't have the inconvenience anymore.

As you can see, this is a terrible situation where doing content became too inaccessible and awkward to the point I stopped even trying.

Do you expect to start doing Fractals at Tier 4? Why do you bother yourself with this issue now? Just start playing, you need different gear anyway. If you believe you can join any T4 group with Soldier stats or other combinations that work in WvW, you are greatly mistaken. The easiest way is to get new ascended rings (infused/attuned if you can) and accessories and fill them up with +9 AR infusions. That will be enough for many fractal levels. You cannot even see the LFG window if you don't qualify for the tier.

WvW gear would not be useful in fractals anyways since you need to be more specialized in fractals. Besides, people who go straight to t4 without learning all the fractals on lower levels are worse than nothing. It is better to run with 4 people on t4 than to bring someone who don't know what to do.

As others already mentioned you can extract your current infusions for 24 silver per extractor (1-use) to store it away if you want to put agony infusions into your equipment without just overwriting your wvw infusions. If you are using those infusions to give you an edge in wvw, odds are that you'll want different stats on your equipment for endlevel fractals anyway so it really is a non-issue as you'll just end up with two equipment sets, one for wvw and one for fractals (like everybody else that plays both endlevel fractals and wvw on the same character).

If you've been using the wvw infusions as a cheap alternative to get additional pve stats (for example for raiding) then you'll have to accept that it's just that: a cheap alternative to agony+stat infusions. If you do intend to run endlevel fractals in the future you'll have to bite the bullet and get the full deal (agony resist + stats) eventually just like everybody else. A major part of the cost should however be offset by the loot you gather while climbing the fractal scales, during which time you can slowly replace one infusion after another, as you won't need the full amount of 150 agony resistance for a long time.

@Tzarakiel.7490 said:WvW gear would not be useful in fractals anyways since you need to be more specialized in fractals. Besides, people who go straight to t4 without learning all the fractals on lower levels are worse than nothing. It is better to run with 4 people on t4 than to bring someone who don't know what to do.

There is no the wvw gear. Also the legendary armor exists as well and so much people which playing mainly one game mode makes u bad or inexperienced in the other the game is 6 years old many ppl master more than one mode already.

@Jasher.6580 said:Is it that I will need to replace my full set of Mighty WvW Infusion in order to do high-level Fractals due to my lack of agony resistance?

Yes. Just do lower level ones to acquire enough currency to buy them. I, for once, have only one character 100% Fractals-ready, because I don't play Fractals all that often (boredom). All my other characters have the basic +5 Attribute bonus Fractal infusions or the WvW Attribute infusions.

If you refuse to gear up for high-level fractals, then sure, no high-level fractals. The same is true for WvW: if you don't gear up for "high-level WvW," then you won't get to participate in GvG or with various zerg-busting guilds, etc. The same is true for raiding: if you don't gear up for them, you won't be successful. On the plus side, it's a one-time cost (per toon anyhow): once you're fractal ready, you won't have to spend on it again.

Here are your options:

Infusion slots:

• Use 17 slots, not 18, as infusing backpacks is not as economical (currently) as using bigger infusions. Reaching 150AR costs under 120 gold
  • Use 18 only if you already have a legendary backpack. Reaching AR costs ~100 gold

Convenience:

• Legendary armor (which you might have from WvW) allows you to re-slot infusions without extraction or overwriting.
  • A second set of ascended armor + weapons costs ~380 gold.
  • Infusion extractors (inconvenient) cost 24s each, so just under 2g per swap.

Limited Gear-Swap Alternative:Meta ascended trinkets for fractals are easily obtained via LS3 maps, so an expensive option is to leave the WvW on armor & weapons and reach AR150 using only trinkets. In this case, you'd definitely want to have the backpack slot, using ten (10) AR+15 infusions, for a total cost of ~4400-4800 gold.

@Faaris.8013 said:

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:This is my issue. I play WvW so often and the extra stats are very important to me, and switching out infusions (I even have an endless extractor) every time I feel like dipping into fractals is basically enough of a slog that I literally just don't bother with the content. My only other option is to pay 1.5k gold so I don't have the inconvenience anymore.

Do you expect to start doing Fractals at Tier 4? Why do you bother yourself with this issue now? Just start playing, you need different gear anyway. If you believe you can join any T4 group with Soldier stats or other combinations that work in WvW, you are greatly mistaken. The easiest way is to get new ascended rings (infused/attuned if you can) and accessories and fill them up with +9 AR infusions. That will be enough for many fractal levels. You cannot even see the LFG window if you don't qualify for the tier.

Haha! How obnoxious. I have different gear sets. I worked my way up from t1-t4 the legit way, and did EVERY tier of each fractal. Also I run full zerk in WvW and I am easily capable of raiding and PvE rotations aswell as more reactive gameplay in PvP. So maybe leave your assumptions at the door. I already HAVE a full set of +9 AR infusions, as I already stated in my OP. I even told you I have an endless upgrade extractor which I can swap out my WvW/AR infusions for, but I don't, because I cba to do that every time I want to do quickly do some fractals/WvW.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

Haha! How obnoxious. I have different gear sets. I worked my way up from t1-t4 the legit way, and did EVERY tier of each fractal. Also I run full zerk in WvW and I am easily capable of raiding and PvE rotations aswell as more reactive gameplay in PvP. So maybe leave your assumptions at the door. I already HAVE a full set of +9 AR infusions, as I already stated in my OP. I even told you I have an endless upgrade extractor which I can swap out my WvW/AR infusions for, but I don't, because I cba to do that every time I want to do quickly do some fractals/WvW.

Then just get another set off ascended gear to put your agony into.

@Linken.6345 said:

Then just get another set off ascended gear to put your agony into.

That! Maybe you can be bothered to just double-click items in the inventory to swap them. But you sound like you could afford +9 infusions with 5 stat points, so why is that not an option? Works in WvW and fractals...

Anyway, those stat infusions are overrated, and if you act like super-duper-meta, then go and get the real ones.

btw: I just used different toons for that. Just switch to the character that has the fractal setup when you do fractals. I find that more convenient than changing gear, traits and skills.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:I have different gear sets.So what's the issue for you? The OP's issue is that they are just starting out and only have the WvW infusions; that doesn't seem to apply in your case.

I'll grant that the system is inconvenient at best. Even ANet agrees that they'd handle things differently, if they were designing the system today. The problem is that the mechanic is tied into the rewards and they'd have to revamp more than just the way infusions work.

I have an endless upgrade extractorIf you can afford that, a convenience item that is unlikely to pay for itself, why not maintain multiple toons?

I'm a WvW main too and I recall investing around 240 gold to reach the AR requirement so that I could join my friend in Fractals.I told myself I would at the very least play enough Fractals to earn back the 240 gold.That was I think 1-2 years ago.And I'm sad to say that I don't think I've played enough Fractals to earn back the investment :bawling:

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:I'm a WvW main too and I recall investing around 240 gold to reach the AR requirement so that I could join my friend in Fractals.I told myself I would at the very least play enough Fractals to earn back the 240 gold.That was I think 1-2 years ago.And I'm sad to say that I don't think I've played enough Fractals to earn back the investment :bawling:

It's only about a week or two of fractals to get the gold back if you were doing T4s at least.