Got one shot by Berserker in PVP

HawkXtream.1538

It depends on build you play against, what skills they use, if pure glass cannon, or stances included, etc.The most important thing is to watch out the berserker and when they activate their Berserk mode. When they do that, they most likely use burst right after that, so dodge. Both Berserk and Arc Divider/Decapitate are telegraphed, but also very fast due to quickness when entering Berserk. If you see Signet of Fury, it is easy to predict when berserker is going to activate berserk mode (they will most likely go Berserk right after using SoF). If you see Signet of Might on berserker's UI bar, don't rely on blocks. If you manage to survive initial burst, then strike back with max pressue. Just don't get surprised with their Berserk and you will shut them down relatively easily.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Well, I think warriors might be starting to adjust to it. Met a few in WvW and the damage output can be insane. One killed me in a volley fire, another just instakilled with arc divider. Thats against 2.2k toughness and 23k hp. But most so far are manageable.

I'm running around with Rifle and GS in a pure gimmicky one shot build. Unable to slot in any stances to make it work. It's definitely cheese, but we will see where it ends up once people have gotten used to it.

@ButterPeanut.9746 said:

@KelyNeli.4516 said:I told ya, didnt i told ya? Yes i did. B)Berserker op

It's really not that OP. Could arc divider use some tuning? Probably, but nothing too crazy. One CC in berserker and its dead

You jump in with Sword + axe, spin around with fifth skill in berserker, swap to GS use arc diver and you basically spin to win with enemy crippled. It may be more difficult in pvp in 1v1 where enemy is aware of your damage, but in WvW its absolute nuts, damage is so big that it cracks enemy screen in half when being hit by it.

@Obtena.7952 said:No, the skill of a player has nothing to do with what makes a class fine or OP.

Its on you to use their strength against someone.In case of berserker, you have a berserk mode which you could turn on with one ability and overpower anyone while being in this mode.If you fail to make an use from it, then you deserve to lose.It has everything to do with skill, you get a super sayan transformation for limited amount of time to evaporate someone then you have to wait some time before activating it again. Berserker mode is so strong that the only way to counter it is to run away or land all your CC on him, what else do you want? Teleportation so you could turn berserker on, TP to someone and instaburst him down?

@KelyNeli.4516 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:No, the skill of a player has nothing to do with what makes a class fine or OP.

Its on you to use their strength against someone.In case of berserker, you have a berserk mode which you could turn on with one ability and overpower anyone while being in this mode.If you fail to make an use from it, then you deserve to lose.It has everything to do with skill, you get a super sayan transformation for limited amount of time to evaporate someone then you have to wait some time before activating it again. Berserker mode is so strong that the only way to counter it is to run away or land all your CC on him, what else do you want? Teleportation so you could turn berserker on, TP to someone and instaburst him down?

Classes are not determined to be fine or OP depending on the skill of the player. This is not a debateable fact.

You're talking about something different if you factor in the player skill.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Classes are not determined to be fine or OP depending on the skill of the player. This is not a debateable fact.

That isn't entirely true. If every single berserker player in the game never entered berserk mode and never used Arc Divider, how would we know that it is "OP"?

@ButterPeanut.9746 said:

That isn't entirely true. If every single berserker player in the game never entered berserk mode and never used Arc Divider, how would we know that it is "OP"?

That has nothing to do with player skill. What you know has no impact on if something is OP or not. The numbers don't lie and they don't change because of the skill of the player. If Arc Divider is OP ... it's OP for everyone. Who is capable of benefitting the most from it is a completely different discussion.

@Obtena.7952 said:

That has nothing to do with player skill.

Sure it does. Using your skills in a particular way is 'player skill'.

@"Obtena.7952" said:There is only one way to use Arc divider and it's independent of player skill.

You could use Arc Divider during a rev's infused light, or during engi's invuln, or during mesmer's distortion, or with weakness, or while kiting away outside of its max range, etc.

To clarify, i don't think arc divider is a skill that requires a high amount of player skill. Just pointing out that your point that it is a "fact" that Arc Divider is independent of player skill is factually inaccurate.

@"Obtena.7952" said:The EFFECTIVENESS of Arc Divider is based on player skill ... whether it's OP or not has nothing to do with player skill.

Maybe we're having a misunderstanding about what the phrase "OP" really means. In my opinion, something that is overpowered is exactly equal to saying it is highly effective. If being highly effective is based on player skill, than being "OP" is as well.

@KelyNeli.4516 said:

@KelyNeli.4516 said:I told ya, didnt i told ya? Yes i did. B)Berserker op

It's really not that OP. Could arc divider use some tuning? Probably, but nothing too crazy. One CC in berserker and its dead

You jump in with Sword + axe, spin around with fifth skill in berserker, swap to GS use arc diver and you basically spin to win with enemy crippled. It may be more difficult in pvp in 1v1 where enemy is aware of your damage, but in WvW its absolute nuts, damage is so big that it cracks enemy screen in half when being hit by it.

Thematically, it makes sense. Arc Divider is so damn good :relieved: great timing btw with no downstate week in WvW. I prefer Gunflame over Axe 5, it's more hilarious to instakill people on range with one skill as glass cannon :)https://imgur.com/aDlCwbk

@Obtena.7952 said:The EFFECTIVENESS of Arc Divider is based on player skill ... whether it's OP or not has nothing to do with player skill. Beserker isn't OP because some players can play it effectively.

You can have a weak build with a broken skill. Berserker sucks, but also arc divider should not hit this hard.

On another note with full ascended, 25 might and 25 vulnerability you can hit mid to upper 20’s k. In sPvP you cannot realistically hit more than 15k. That is still ridiculous, but that doesn’t make berserker sPvP viable.

@"cryorion.9532" said:Thematically, it makes sense. Arc Divider is so kitten good :relieved: great timing btw with no downstate week in WvW. I prefer Gunflame over Axe 5, it's more hilarious to instakill people on range with one skill as glass cannon :)https://imgur.com/aDlCwbk

This is why berserker will not be buffed anytime soon.They cant buff a spec that is strong in WvW and PVE just to cater to PVP audience, otherwise they will make it overpowered in the two where it is already strong.

A lot of people complaining fail to realise it, asking for a buff because they cant win in pvp.

Too bad i guess.

@KelyNeli.4516 said:

@"cryorion.9532" said:Thematically, it makes sense. Arc Divider is so kitten good :relieved: great timing btw with no downstate week in WvW. I prefer Gunflame over Axe 5, it's more hilarious to instakill people on range with one skill as glass cannon :)

This is why berserker will not be buffed anytime soon.They cant buff a spec that is strong in WvW and PVE just to cater to PVP audience, otherwise they will make it overpowered in the two where it is already strong.

A lot of people complaining fail to realise it, asking for a buff because they cant win in pvp.

Too bad i guess.

Who is asking for buffs for PvP/WvW?So far the spec does not work well outside of Berserk which is the main problem I believe (in all game modes), even if it is the trade-off. For PvE, higher opening burst and not being useless outside of Berserk would be nice.There is also that thing called damage modifiers for each skill which can be adjusted in each game mode, as needed. Nerfing damages does not fix berserker, though.

@otto.5684 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:The EFFECTIVENESS of Arc Divider is based on player skill ... whether it's OP or not has nothing to do with player skill. Beserker isn't OP because some players can play it effectively.

You can have a weak build with a broken skill. Berserker sucks, but also arc divider should not hit this hard.

On another note with full ascended, 25 might and 25 vulnerability you can hit mid to upper 20’s k. In sPvP you cannot realistically hit more than 15k. That is still ridiculous, but that doesn’t make berserker sPvP viable.

That's fair. I was pointing out that berserker as a spec is not OP just because a few overtuned skills allow for this situation to happen. Those actions are OP ... but the spec is not. If you were to take away Arc Divider, berserker would be pretty average. It's a one-trick pony part of a second-rate circus.

@ButterPeanut.9746 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:The EFFECTIVENESS of Arc Divider is based on player skill ... whether it's OP or not has nothing to do with player skill.

Maybe we're having a misunderstanding about what the phrase "OP" really means. In my opinion, something that is overpowered is exactly equal to saying it is highly effective. If being highly effective is based on player skill, than being "OP" is as well.

I don't think there is a misunderstanding. Something that is OP is independent of player skill. Arc Divider could be considered OP just based on it's numbers and what it does. If a bad player fails with it, it's still OP, it's just not effective tool in their hands. You can put the best tools in the worst people's hands ... they are still the best tools.