easy way to get gems?

Swap to a different character for awhile, until you get 20 of the insta leveling books, then remake your necro UNLESS he/she was created awhile ago. Then I guess earn gold to convert or farm black lion chests each week until you get a total makeover kit.

But it really doesn't take long to get the tomes of knowledge.

Key farming. Start a new character and do the level 10, 40 and 60 stories. That's 3 keys per week, which can give makeover/hair kits or black lion statuettes which can buy makeover kits.

Exploring a map 100% has a chance to award a bl key. Doesn't work for towns though. As far as I know, there's no limit on this.

You could save around 150 gold to buy 400 gems for a total makeover kit.

You could wear a mask, helm or hood so you don't see your nose.

You could also delete and remake your necromancer. If you're level 20, now is the time to do it.

Pick your poison.

@Westenev.5289 said:Key farming. Start a new character and do the level 10, 40 and 60 stories. That's 3 keys per week, which can give makeover/hair kits or black lion statuettes which can buy makeover kits.

Exploring a map 100% has a chance to award a bl key. Doesn't work for towns though. As far as I know, there's no limit on this.

You could save around 150 gold to buy 400 gems for a total makeover kit.

You could wear a mask, helm or hood so you don't see your nose.

You could also delete and remake your necromancer. If you're level 20, now is the time to do it.

Pick your poison.

Maps that are not cities or southsun cove have roughly a 25% chance of awarding a key (this includes expansion, living story maps, and drytop/silverwastes). And there is indeed no limit.Total makeover kits are uncommon drops from chests though. So it might take some time, but it only takes 10 statuettes to get a total makeover kit. So only 10 total keys need to be obtained, less if they are lucky.