Which expansion do you prefer...?

Aoi.8570

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not really ready to decide which is better. From gameplay aspect I like PoF for some aspects, the main exceptions are too many mobs and the super huge agro range. My second pet peeve is the condi spam that really is just the most annoying conditions and abilities on mobs. Almost every undead has a slow and cripple combo, then add in knockdown for archers and torment for casters and tar condition that can't be cleansed. Fanged Ebola or Jacaranda by far are the worse, with constant range and condi spam that can take down mounts and players in seconds without high amounts of condi cleanse.

My main problem with HoT is the hostility to solo play. Tangled Depths is an utter mess of a map. Dragon stand the run in circles while mob spam event isn't fun, pretty much everyone just wants to get past it to play the game. Hot needed less useless masteries and that would have allowed more time and effort to go to legendary weapons and armor. I could finish my last mastery but I don't know if it's worth earning 7 more points.

Now HoT has some really good aspects that enhanced gameplay. The minigames had some interesting concepts and were fun, with better rewards they'd see more replay. Gliding gave us a new way to play.

Where PoF could gain some ground is to refine the bounty system. Add in a teir for solo play, and add in a teir for guild missions. Second reduce excess mob saturation (pockets of mobs worked for HoT, where constant hostile mobs is frustrating) this would be for people who like to go around and enjoy the scenery can actually appreciate the artwork. Second one hydra is usually enough of a fight since you're going to have about three to four other mobs easily in the area. Mounts are a bit squishy some rework is needed to not have every player just play griffin.

Archived