Double Experience Week

jezebel.7054

Hello, since I've only been playing WvW for about five months, this was the first double experience opportunity I've had. I am working on getting Mistforged Triumphant Armor and the first piece I'd like to get requires a rank of 1900. I am rank 204 :s . I don't mind putting in the work. That being said, I also enjoy doing the story, working on legendary weapons, pvp (I <3 GW2) and have a real life job, which makes rank 1900, at my current rate, years away :o .
I gained 50 ranks this past week, which is more than I gained in a month, on average. Even though my goal is still far away, it felt like progress.
So, how often does this double experience occur?
Suggestion: Instead of a spirit shard for consuming a Tome of Knowledge, maybe when used in WvW we could gain some rank experience.

@spectrito.8513 said:Just buy boosters.

I use the ones I have and did buy some for the week. I find a lot of the duration gets wasted on traveling and waiting to capture and would like to make the most of what I buy and still make significant progress.

@Edward H Angle.1407 said:You have to earn it like everyone else. It's not for scrubs to just get it in a few min

So I did say I'm willing to put in the work, and did Not say I expect to get it in a few minutes. I also explained I like other aspects of the game, which divides my time and would simply like to know how often the double experience event occurs.

Unfortunately, it seems as if ranking up in wvw is very much a long haul kind of deal. Even with boosters and total focus on wvw, most people won't make gold and above ranks in months. It's going to be more like years. And changing that now would be a slap in the face to people who have already achieved those ranks.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:Unfortunately, it seems as if ranking up in wvw is very much a long haul kind of deal. Even with boosters and total focus on wvw, most people won't make gold and above ranks in months. It's going to be more like years. And changing that now would be a slap in the face to people who have already achieved those ranks.

what they could do is reduce the required WXP per rank and scale existing ranks accordingly with giving the rank up rewards for the newly gained ranks.for example half the exp for ranks, therefor everyones rank basically doubles and they gain a ton of rewards for the time spent so far on patch day. that would keep the complains at a lower rate.

@"Kraljevo.2801" said:It varies. We had two or three events last year and two this year so far. As far as I know they're trying to do these more often.

I found a wiki page that might be helpful. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bonus_event#Upcoming_events_2

Bookmark it and check every week or so. ;)Thank you Kraljevo! Bookmarked.I must've missed the previous one this year.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:Unfortunately, it seems as if ranking up in wvw is very much a long haul kind of deal. Even with boosters and total focus on wvw, most people won't make gold and above ranks in months. It's going to be more like years. And changing that now would be a slap in the face to people who have already achieved those ranks.

Yeah, I've accepted that. The extra experience sometimes is nice though. :)

@MUDse.7623 said:

what they could do is reduce the required WXP per rank and scale existing ranks accordingly with giving the rank up rewards for the newly gained ranks.for example half the exp for ranks, therefor everyones rank basically doubles and they gain a ton of rewards for the time spent so far on patch day. that would keep the complains at a lower rate.

No.

They did this with PvP and it ruined anything prestigious about finishers..People put in a lot of effort just to reach wolf rank or shark rank then overnight everyone was a bloody dragon...

There was only a few unique dragon players until that stage, then we were all basically given a hand out and now years later us vets have literally nothing to work for.

TLDR: Your idea removes long term goals.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

No.

They did this with PvP and it ruined anything prestigious about finishers..People put in a lot of effort just to reach wolf rank or shark rank then overnight everyone was a bloody dragon...

There was only a few unique dragon players until that stage, then we were all basically given a hand out and now years later us vets have literally nothing to work for.

your right, it was bad for spvp. i myself got pushed to dragon with that patch wich resulted in me shortly after quitting that mode.however WvW ranks are different, i dont think they are much prestigious at all. they are like spvp mainly an indicator of playtime and how much of it you did zerg/ppt, not about how good you are in any specific subarea of the mode. unless you group up, your allies dont even see your rank. for me personally rank was never what kept me in the mode, it was never my long term goal and indeed the mode is lacking good long term goals, but that is a different issue. some people play this mode alot, i mean ALOT so any long term goal that can keep them busy would be absolutely out of reach for most other players wich is also bad for a long term goal. if the WvW rank just had an endless counter past 10k and that rank displayed ingame to allies like mastery level in pve, then reducing the amount required per rank wouldnt be much of an issue IMO

@MUDse.7623 said:

@"AliamRationem.5172" said:Unfortunately, it seems as if ranking up in wvw is very much a long haul kind of deal. Even with boosters and total focus on wvw, most people won't make gold and above ranks in months. It's going to be more like years. And changing that now would be a slap in the face to people who have already achieved those ranks.

No.

your right, it was bad for spvp. i myself got pushed to dragon with that patch wich resulted in me shortly after quitting that mode.however WvW ranks are different, i dont think they are much prestigious at all. they are like spvp mainly an indicator of playtime and how much of it you did zerg/ppt, not about how good you are in any specific subarea of the mode. unless you group up, your allies dont even see your rank. for me personally rank was never what kept me in the mode, it was never my long term goal and indeed the mode is lacking good long term goals, but that is a different issue. some people play this mode alot, i mean ALOT so any long term goal that can keep them busy would be absolutely out of reach for most other players wich is also bad for a long term goal. if the WvW rank just had an endless counter past 10k and that rank displayed ingame to allies like mastery level in pve, then reducing the amount required per rank wouldnt be much of an issue IMO

IMO, reducing long term, achievable goals from any game mode devalues the goals and overall experience. For me it makes playing the mode less enticing and exciting as well. Earning my WvW ranks daily, weekly, yearly gives me something to look forward to. If I instantly became Diamond Legend overnight, because that's what would happen to me at current rank 6796 if Anet did what you proposed, I'd feel cheated out of the opportunity to accomplish that long term goal.

Maybe I'm just old-school. But I, personally, want to earn my achievements regardless of the goal and/or game mode that I'm playing. Otherwise, for me, what's the point if some magic wand is just going to be waved one day and "voila"... I've mastered the goal and/or game mode. I'd imagine I'd just quit like you did regarding sPvP.

@Krypto.2069 said:

@"AliamRationem.5172" said:Unfortunately, it seems as if ranking up in wvw is very much a long haul kind of deal. Even with boosters and total focus on wvw, most people won't make gold and above ranks in months. It's going to be more like years. And changing that now would be a slap in the face to people who have already achieved those ranks.

No.

IMO, reducing long term,
achievable
goals from any game mode devalues the goals and overall experience. For me it makes playing the mode less enticing and exciting as well. Earning my WvW ranks daily, weekly, yearly gives me something to look forward to. If I instantly became Diamond Legend overnight, because that's what would happen to me at current rank 6796 if Anet did what you proposed, I'd feel cheated out of the opportunity to accomplish that long term goal.

Maybe I'm just old-school. But I, personally, want to
earn
my achievements regardless of the goal and/or game mode that I'm playing. Otherwise, for me, what's the point if some magic wand is just going to be waved one day and "voila"... I've mastered the goal and/or game mode. I'd imagine I'd just quit like you did regarding sPvP.

guess we precieve things differently. i am about your rank, yet for me diamond legend is not a real goal. sure its another pip, but thats not really what makes me spent time in WvW, if i want the extra rewards i rather spent the time in PvE. in spvp towards that one patch i was playing more or less for rank only as i wanted the finishers, i already didnt like circle quest too much as it would require a team to be played properly and i did prefer playing at my pace in solo roaming. but in WvW, that my opponent sees my as a diamond legend instead of diamond assaulter doesnt make too much of a different for me tbh and the pip is also not reason to bother. if we had rank specific finishers, titles or something that would actually be worth it, that would be a goal to look for, but such rewards they could also put on ranks beyond 10k after reducing the required wxp. reducing the wxp per rank would increase the rewards from WvW a bit and make it easier for new players to get into the mode, get the world abilities etc.buut thats just my opinion, there are probably quite some people who value the ranks more than i do.

@jezebel.7054 said:

I use the ones I have and did buy some for the week. I find a lot of the duration gets wasted on traveling and waiting to capture and would like to make the most of what I buy and still make significant progress.

@Edward H Angle.1407 said:You have to earn it like everyone else. It's not for scrubs to just get it in a few min

So I did say I'm willing to put in the work, and did Not say I expect to get it in a few minutes. I also explained I like other aspects of the game, which divides my time and would simply like to know how often the double experience event occurs.

Maybe Just do Laurel XP boosterThey stack in durationAnd there's few other stuff that's valueble for Laurel trade

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

Maybe Just do Laurel XP boosterThey stack in durationAnd there's few other stuff that's valueble for Laurel trade

Too slow.. that's about 15 camps for ONE level and some will be contested, which means more time of your boosters.

@"jezebel.7054" said:Hello, since I've only been playing WvW for about five months, this was the first double experience opportunity I've had. I am working on getting Mistforged Triumphant Armor and the first piece I'd like to get requires a rank of 1900. I am rank 204 :s . I don't mind putting in the work. That being said, I also enjoy doing the story, working on legendary weapons, pvp (I <3 GW2) and have a real life job, which makes rank 1900, at my current rate, years away :o .

I gained 50 ranks this past week, which is more than I gained in a month, on average. Even though my goal is still far away, it felt like progress.

Suggestion: Instead of a spirit shard for consuming a Tome of Knowledge, maybe when used in WvW we could gain some rank experience.

I mean, you're dead set on the MISTFORGED version ? You can't do with just the normal Triumphant armor for now, and consider the other a long term goal ?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Triumphant_Hero%27s_armor

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistforged_Triumphant_Hero%27s_armor

@jezebel.7054 said:Hello, since I've only been playing WvW for about five months, this was the first double experience opportunity I've had. I am working on getting Mistforged Triumphant Armor and the first piece I'd like to get requires a rank of 1900. I am rank 204 :s . I don't mind putting in the work. That being said, I also enjoy doing the story, working on legendary weapons, pvp (I <3 GW2) and have a real life job, which makes rank 1900, at my current rate, years away :o .

It seems that you want the leggins and the chest piece for the second tier of Legendary Armor from WvW. Although I know very well that the road to level 1900 is long, I can tell that you are in a better position than me when I started. I was around lvl 165. To not lose my motivation working to level 2 000 I started with the first Legendary armor: Triumphant Hero's armor. Now I'm 5 weeks away from the third set. After crafting it I will start to craft the rest of the 3 Mistforged Triumphant Armors. I will need around 18-19 more months for this.

You can find something else to do in this period of time. Playing WvW with the lvl 1900-2000 in mind can turn this into a burden. Try to craft the first 3 armor sets you can craft now. You will see that at the end of this you have the armors and you have the level required for the other 3 sets too. You need around 15 months for this. A little bit over one year if you play for diamond tier of Skirmish reward track every week.

Seems too long? This is a long game. I play for 5 years. I played the first 3,5 years without even thinking about a legendary armor. One and a half year is not that long.

Be patient, find a (some) friend(s) having the same goal. Go in WvW and spend your time there, chatting, joking (or cursing the opponents).

But I completely agree with you - a little bit of extra WXP may be a very good add-on.

Op, don't listen to this person. They havent learned yet.

Boosters will be your best friends. Im only at rank ~750 - 800 myself and have been WvWing for a few years (casual due to family and personal matters) and none of that was in EotM ktraining so ive actually earned my ranks.

You technically could join a blob server and blob everywhere. Takes little skill but would ultimately be the easiest (pretty much same as ktraining)

If you can find someone to drag in WvW with you, it will take a bit longer, however would help break any boringness of it.

I've only been participating in WvW for 8 weeks. I have been running a birthday booster and using the candy corn gobbler So basically 150% XP boost at all times. I have one character dedicated to playing WvW only so I do not waste my boosters outside of the game mode. I play on average 2 hours a night give or take and I am Rank 600. Granted I did have two weeks in there that I had 250% XP boost because of The Call of War. Always remember to use food and utility consumables that give xp on kill so you can get the 20% to 30% xtra experience on a kill.

Remember the little stuff counts every ounce of XP you can get from killing a guard or yak to manning a ram or catapult does help. Don't just rely on captures and player kills. There are quite a few different boosters you can use but not all of them work in pvp related areas.

I'm inching towards 900 on my 2 alts and 3k on my main. I've been playing the main for 6 years on a T6-T8 server/guest and the 2 alts pretty regularly for the last 2.5 years on the same server.

I never thought about how little wxp each activity grants and what is actually considered an activity and it almost seems like some things have been lowered or had wxp cancelled completely.

I'm not in a rank race because I just don't care anymore but, I can safely say, it's just too slow depending on what server you're on.

@"Excursion.9752" said:I've only been participating in WvW for 8 weeks. I have been running a birthday booster and using the candy corn gobbler So basically 150% XP boost at all times. I have one character dedicated to playing WvW only so I do not waste my boosters outside of the game mode. I play on average 2 hours a night give or take and I am Rank 600. Granted I did have two weeks in there that I had 250% XP boost because of The Call of War. Always remember to use food and utility consumables that give xp on kill so you can get the 20% to 30% xtra experience on a kill.

Remember the little stuff counts every ounce of XP you can get from killing a guard or yak to manning a ram or catapult does help. Don't just rely on captures and player kills. There are quite a few different boosters you can use but not all of them work in pvp related areas.

There's a huge difference in rank gain in primetime and outside primetime. I play 4 years pretty hardcore roaming offtime wvw and it's rank 2900 (i do primetime na sometimes and do zerging EU sometimes). IT runs a booster about 50% of the time

And i have EU main account, mainly for blobbing An running an xp boosterRun IT for a year now 2 evenings of 2hr primetime a weekIt's rank 600

• 1 month later...

@Cristalyan.5728 said:You can find something else to do in this period of time. Playing WvW with the lvl 1900-2000 in mind can turn this into a burden. Try to craft the first 3 armor sets you can craft now. You will see that at the end of this you have the armors and you have the level required for the other 3 sets too. You need around 15 months for this. A little bit over one year if you play for diamond tier of Skirmish reward track every week.Be patient, find a (some) friend(s) having the same goal. Go in WvW and spend your time there, chatting, joking (or cursing the opponents).

But I completely agree with you - a little bit of extra WXP may be a very good add-on.Thank you Cristalyan. That's exactly my plan. I decided to put it on the back-burner by getting the dailies I can solo or with my guild. In the meantime, I am working on pvp mistforged armor, (I do love the shinies. :) ) since I am over halfway to that needed rank and it's less of a grind, skyscale, and attempting to master my professions. :p

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

Op, don't listen to this person. They havent learned yet.:D

Thank you to all who posted helpful tips and words of encouragement to push on. <3