HoT Hero Points are much harder than PoF??

Been trying for hours now to get my deadeye as a daredevil I went to PoF and I almost completed every Hero Point there because i first reached deadeye and there are no more hero points left there and I went to Auric Basin to do more and there is no chance for a thief to solo the hero points there

I mean in PoF hero points can be reach with either no fighting or just a veteran in HoT u need to kill a champion every time ! Why doe sit have to be that way ? Can;t the devs make it easier to at least be able to solo some of them ?? Also the hardest part is to gather people to help u

At the end I started to feel that HoT is even harder than PoF am I the only one here who thinking about that?

• Like 1

I personally miss the challenge of hero points being champs in PoF. HoT was far more hardcore and it has seasoned me to be able to solo many of them without much issue on a variety of classes. I personally like the fact they are champs. For most people, requires them to group up, which SHOULD be how you are supposed to do them, but PoF took that away. Sad, really.

• Confused 1

HoT is harder than PoF, but since it's clustered together, it's faster and much easier to access than PoF hero points (which are scattered around the map). You kinda get used to it.

There are pleanty of guides on the internet (youtube and dulfy), but as a thief, you really should be able to cheese most hero points with pistol/pistol, range and stealth (the latter allowing you to bypass the Balthazar Temple hero point fight).

And that is why I always like to return to HoT and barely touch the PoF. And most HoT HPs are still soloable you just need to get prepared. Just last week I managed to get all the Hot points on my new character excluding some in Tangled Depths. Solo, just put on mentor tag at some of the harder ones and people almost always came.

@"smashgodlight.6584" said:Been trying for hours now to get my deadeye as a daredevil I went to PoF and I almost completed every Hero Point there because i first reached deadeye and there are no more hero points left there and I went to Auric Basin to do more and there is no chance for a thief to solo the hero points there

I mean in PoF hero points can be reach with either no fighting or just a veteran in HoT u need to kill a champion every time ! Why doe sit have to be that way ? Can;t the devs make it easier to at least be able to solo some of them ?? Also the hardest part is to gather people to help u

At the end I started to feel that HoT is even harder than PoF am I the only one here who thinking about that?

When need 250 hps for new character I always do all hps in first hot map exept the last one near the end and the vampire one on one of the destroyed ship. So everything exept #7 and #11http://dulfy.net/2015/10/25/gw2-verdant-brinks-hero-points-guide/

In next map everything exept #3 #6 and #5 if it is not clearedhttp://dulfy.net/2015/10/26/gw2-auric-basin-hero-points-guide/

In next map there are few points that are soloable and easy to get to but for the last 4/5 I usualy either go to pof, go to dragonstand or get those easy ones in TD if i met someone on the harder ones in previous map (#11 in first and #3 and #6 in second)

@smashgodlight.6584 said:At the end I started to feel that HoT is even harder than PoF am I the only one here who thinking about that?

Keep in mind that HoT was released years before PoF; some people complained that HoT was too difficult as a solo player, and thus ArenaNet reduced the difficulty of PoF significantly. It's not that they increased the difficulty of HoT after PoF, they reduced the difficulty of PoF after HoT.

The HoT hero points aren't meant to be soloed by most players. As a result, people will often run hero point trains around the HoT maps, so a lot of people can get their hero points together. If you are having trouble in HoT, keep an eye on the LFG screen, you'll probably find a HP train there sooner or later.

@Kanok.3027 said:I personally miss the challenge of hero points being champs in PoF. HoT was far more hardcore and it has seasoned me to be able to solo many of them without much issue on a variety of classes. I personally like the fact they are champs. For most people, requires them to group up, which SHOULD be how you are supposed to do them, but PoF took that away. Sad, really.

I totally agree! I can actually solo MOST HoT HPs with my Firebrand but I play the MMO genre because I really enjoy joining a squad and do it with others, that's a lot more fun than the borefest PoF ones. If I wanted to solo, I'd play single-player games.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Katastroff.1045 said:Arent the ones in Dragon Stand mostly commune ones?Sure, but you can't get solo to most of them, because they're locked behind the big metaevent progress late stages. Map completion being locked behind meta was always one of the bigger complains about HoT.

Only 4 are locked behind meta, rest 7 aren't but getting to most of those without good knowledge of the map is bit tricky.

HoT HPs are considerably harder than PoF and mostly group oriented. HoT maps as a whole are designed around large metas and the assumption there will always be people there to help you with stuff.

While that may not be the norm anymore, due to the xpac's age, there are still enough people around willing to help after a map shout. Or, for more efficiency you can follow the advice above and join a HP train from lfg, those are common, especially on weekends. Just make sure you have all HoT WPs unlocked beforehand and you 'll have your elite spec in no time.

tl;dr There are at least 22 HoT challenges that can be done solo, with another 5 that can be done with modest amounts of help (or easily before or after a meta).

The wiki has a handy article that lists all the hero challenges (the official jargon for the place that grants hero points), with the HoT ones identified here:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_hero_challenges_in_the_Heart_of_Maguuma

Unfortunately, it doesn't include the type of challenge, so you'll have to go back|forth with the following information. I've listed the name of the challenge for two types: commune (meaning that you need a few seconds of uninterrupted channeling) and "non-Champ" (meaning can be done without a tough fight). Those marked with † require completion of the meta; those marked with § require some sort of mastery skill; and those marked with ◊ require mounts (or are much easier) to reach without completing meta.

Verdant Brink (8)
  • Commune (7): Abyssal Deaths, Ancient Fighting Pit, Ancient Tree, Cliffside Ruins, Nuhoch Alchemical Energy, Airship Wreckage, Wyvern Nesting Grounds
  • Non-champ (1): Nightthistle Blossom
Auric Basin (3)
  • Commune (2): Burnisher Quarry, Exalted Overlook†,
  • Non-champ (1): Toxin-Cured Hog
  • Other (not counted): These are challenges that some consider every bit as, erm, challenging as fighting a champ, so I don't count them in the "easy enough" categories: Ancient Golem (tricky fight), Balthazar's Statue (group fight to clear the area), Champion Tarnished Sage† (easily done after meta)
Tangled Depths (4)
  • Commune (4): Ancient Power Core, Chak Hatchery§, Gilded River, Jellyfish Grotto
  • Non-champ (0): None
  • Other (not counted): Egg Clutch (easily done right before meta), Guano-Incubated Spider Eggs (tricky fight for some)
Dragon's Stand (7)
  • Commune (7): Axemaster Hareth's Pod†, Blademaster Diarmid's Pod† Dragon Overlook† Exalted Pylon, Mushroom Grotto◊, Spider Nest◊ Stavemaster Adryn's Pod†
  • Non-champ (0): None
  • Other (not counted): None

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:HoT HPs are ... mostly group oriented.

Out of 40 challenges total in the four HoT maps, over 20 are communes (although one isn't easily reached solo, unless good at stealth, and several others aren't available all the time).

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:HoT HPs are considerably harder than PoFI don't think that's a fair statement, in the context of this thread, which is about someone trying to max their Daredevil skills & traits.

Both expansions offer 25+ challenges that can be soloed by most players most of the time. The main difference is that the "excess" HoT challenges (those beyond the 25 needed to max an elite spec) include champion fights that are difficult for many and the "easier" HoT challenges are generally harder to reach due to meta gating.

In contrast, PoF only has 4 "excess" challenges compared to HoT's 15 extra, so it gives the appearance of being easier overall.

It's fair to say that there are more HoT challenges that are difficult for many (probably most) players and fortunately we can ignore those harder ones, if all we want to do is max an elite spec.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:HoT HPs are ... mostly group oriented.

Out of 40 challenges total in the four HoT maps, over 20 are communes (although one isn't easily reached solo, unless good at stealth, and several others aren't available all the time).

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:HoT HPs are considerably harder than PoFI don't think that's a fair statement,
in the context of this thread
, which is about someone trying to max their Daredevil skills & traits.

Both expansions offer 25+ challenges that can be soloed by most players most of the time. The main difference is that the "excess" HoT challenges (those beyond the 25 needed to max an elite spec) include champion fights that are difficult for many and the "easier" HoT challenges are generally harder to reach due to meta gating.

In contrast, PoF only has 4 "excess" challenges compared to HoT's 15 extra, so it gives the appearance of being easier overall.

It's fair to say that there are more HoT challenges that are difficult for many (probably most) players and fortunately we can ignore those harder ones, if all we want to do is max an elite spec.

I admit it's more of a feeling than an exact count. I always try completing all HPs on a map before moving on and that probably contributes to HoT ones feeling more challenging overall. It's true than you can single out the soloable ones and still get your elite if that's your only goal.

HoT (Heart of Thorns) was more difficult than any other content. A tiny minority of elite players wanted more difficulty. ANet listened to them, because they were very loud, despite being a small portion of players.

It almost killed the game. ANet learned their lesson, and toned things down in PoF and LS Seasons 3 & 4. But, they haven't fixed the problem in HoT completely (yet).

• Like 1

@"Daddicus.6128" said:HoT (Heart of Thorns) was more difficult than any other content. A tiny minority of elite players wanted more difficulty. ANet listened to them, because they were very loud, despite being a small portion of players.

It almost killed the game. ANet learned their lesson, and toned things down in PoF and LS Seasons 3 & 4. But, they haven't fixed the problem in HoT completely (yet).

With the current elite specs, HoT is super easy, really. It is so much easier than dealing with PoF's huge-aggro-range enemies, so there is nothing to "fix".

• Haha 1