Did Kralkatorrik Moved From East Vabbi and Flew toward the Rising Morning Sun?

Avariz.8241

Balthazar and his forged army invaded Kralkatorrik's home in East Vabbi in the final boss fight. At end of the POF single player campaign, we at the final evening celebration party witnessed Kralkatorrik took flight and flew toward the rising sun. From that could the Elder Dragon be heading in a Northeasterly direction?

Straight into the Blood Legion Homelands... With Kralkatorrik, a possibly escaped Palawa Joko and Bangar Ruinbringer there we may have an interesting Living Story Season 4.

Interesting how we seem to be pushed into the direction of Jormag(whom I'm quite certain is going to be awoken by Braham just so that he can kill him). Far Shiverpeaks clearly is the next Expansion(snow everywhere!).

@Mickey Frogeater.1470 said:Straight into the Blood Legion Homelands... With Kralkatorrik, a possibly escaped Palawa Joko and Bangar Ruinbringer there we may have an interesting Living Story Season 4.

Interesting how we seem to be pushed into the direction of Jormag(whom I'm quite certain is going to be awoken by Braham just so that he can kill him). Far Shiverpeaks clearly is the next Expansion(snow everywhere!).

whos bangar ruinbringer?

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Mickey Frogeater.1470 said:Straight into the Blood Legion Homelands... With Kralkatorrik, a possibly escaped Palawa Joko and Bangar Ruinbringer there we may have an interesting Living Story Season 4.

Interesting how we seem to be pushed into the direction of Jormag(whom I'm quite certain is going to be awoken by Braham just so that he can kill him). Far Shiverpeaks clearly is the next Expansion(snow
everywhere
!).

whos bangar ruinbringer?

The blood legion imperator, he is what smodur the unflinching (iron legion imperator) is to the iron legion.

@Pax.3548 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

Interesting how we seem to be pushed into the direction of Jormag(whom I'm quite certain is going to be awoken by Braham just so that he can kill him). Far Shiverpeaks clearly is the next Expansion(snow
everywhere
!).

whos bangar ruinbringer?

The blood legion imperator, he is what smodur the unflinching (iron legion imperator) is to the iron legion.

Interesting, but don't see what makes him more relevant now than before

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Pax.3548 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

everywhere
!).

whos bangar ruinbringer?

If Kralkatorrik is indeed heading into the Blood Legion homelands, then Bangar's going to be the one calling the shots on the response... and he's also the Imperator who hates humans and distrusts the other legions. Having a mixed-race pack of adventurers operating in his territory could lead to a number of interesting conflicts, especially if we try to get the Pact involved.

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Pax.3548 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

everywhere
!).

whos bangar ruinbringer?

If Kralkatorrik is indeed heading into the Blood Legion homelands, then Bangar's going to be the one calling the shots on the response... and he's also the Imperator who hates humans and distrusts the other legions. Having a mixed-race pack of adventurers operating in his territory could lead to a number of interesting conflicts, especially if we try to get the Pact involved.

Ok, cool. Looks good, hope we can get some good charr stuffs!

I hope the pact fleet makes an appearance with updated machinery. It would be nice and a nod to the char in the starter city with whatever his name is called, "storm bringer I think" about slowly replacing steam with electricity as the main component of the energy infrastructure in the iron legion homeland which is shown with recent vehicles that are in the proto-stage or the first iteration of mass production.

I just really want to see what electricity will do to the whole world and charr as a possible/viable energy replacement of steam.

Edit: Sorry for being off topic, my response would be that I am bad at maps and with the general direction he was headed. I think it would be intresting for the charr blood area, but I think if I looked at the sun, which looks to me as a setting sun and not a rising sun, with the map in mind; he is possible heading west if following the rise in the east and sets in the west and so he is heading to the left instead of up/north or maybe he is headed to the deldrimor with a north west pattern that could set us up for fire dragon to attack or at least attract.

where are people getting blood legion homelands from? its pretty clear we're going further south into Elona pursuing Kralkatorrik and dealing with Joko on the side.

would be a waste to bring us to Elona only to use so little of it, there's also little point for Kralk to fly all the way back there.

Because he flies towards the sun in the ending cutscene so the running theory is he's either heading east or west. It also went back up towards Amnoon when he began branding again so south doesn't seem likely.

Edit: just realised it's night before Kralk corrupts everything so the sun is indeed rising. The video implies east.

Both of these could be for dramatic effect rather than clues as to where it's heading but that's all we have at the moment so that's where people are getting that idea from.

I can't see Season 4 dealing with Kralk straightaway anyway. Aurene is missing and Joko is now free after we taunted him and stole his army and we can't kill Kralk without replacing it with a vessel or vessels.

The closest I can see us involved in Kralk is tensions between the commander and the Pact/other armies on convincing them that killing it at the moment is a bad idea. Until we've found a means of replacing it with however many vessels it requires to restore balance to Tyria, pursuing it is pointless.

There's also the matter of what Taimi was shouting at us for in the last instance but couldn't clearly say which was never addressed.

@Killerbot.8645 said:where are people getting blood legion homelands from? its pretty clear we're going further south into Elona pursuing Kralkatorrik and dealing with Joko on the side.

would be a waste to bring us to Elona only to use so little of it, there's also little point for Kralk to fly all the way back there.

If season 4 continues the tradition of 6 episodes and 6 maps then we could defeinitely venture out to different places. S3 gave us zones in Kryta, Magumma, Shiverpeaks, Fire island Chains so it'd not hard to believe we'd go to regions other than Elona.

Elona isn't even that big. There's only enough room for 1 Vabbi sized map in Istan, 1 in the heart of Kourna, 1 around Jahai that's half Vabbi half Kourna, and we're basically out of places to go.

Kralky could fly up the Brand north to Blood Legion territory and we could probably move forward the human-charr treaty, blood story, kralky, etc. Might be too packed though.

Did anyone notice the dead devourer return to life as a Branded? We also don't know how much of the power released by Balthazar was absorbed by Aurene...who we must find and I could not even remotely tell where she was at from the few seconds she was on the screen in the ending cutscene. Also, I'm not so sure Rytlock is right about Kralk, that he's angrier than before, more powerful yes, but I don't get the angrier part...heck he might even be more satiated with having absorbed all of the power contained in Balthazar.

The devourer was definitely in the same pose as devourers we kill go into. But that's not exactly anything to be considered special - even Jormag corrupted corpses before Zhaitan's death, it's not unlikely for Kralkatorrik to be able to do the same, and by now he likely does have some of the domain of death in him.

On an aside: I wonder why all the branded in PoF are pure purple and normal branded, when we were told he absorbed some of Mordremoth's power before flying south (and if he could take in Mordy's power, he's likely taken in Zhaitan's). Destroyers and even some Icebrood changed, so why no branded?

Will be curious to see if we get some branded with death, plant, fire, and ice capabilities in S4 or whenever we go after Kralkatorrik.

On topic: I'm not so sure he goes towards Amnoon, as @JayMack.8295 says. While yes, the sky does darken and become a brandstorm of sorts, the cinematic begins with Kralkatorrik lifting up at Vabbi right after that, and immediately heading towards the rising sun.

The direction Kralkatorrik is heading would actually put him in Dzalana rather than east of the Blazeridge (note that despite the (current) map label of Dzalana being north of Vabbi, in GW1 Dzalana is said to be primarily east of Vabbi). This would explain why the dat world map has a further east than even now as it also goes south - aside from them wanting/needing to retain a square world map.

I'd imagine S4 takes us into Kourna and Dzalana, where we'll deal with Joko while looking for Aurene, then we'll go after Kralkatorrik unless they throw in a new plot twist like Balthazar's sudden appearance. Here comes Dhuum?

I don't actually think it's headed north at all, I'm just pointing out why people believe it's heading north and east. I'm on the assumption the storm in the epilogue instance is just for dramatic effect more than anything. It's possible that Kralk taking off and heading somewhere causes large area purple storms outside of the brand it creates, which wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, especially now it's beefed up.

Also I doubt ANet are going to brand Amnoon and part of the other maps 2-3 months after they're released - would seem a bit absurd and contrary to what they no longer want to do. I do hope they update the world map again, though.

The other question of course is...why? Why's it moving? Other than the reason to take us further south into the Crystal Desert, was there any explanation for why Kralk moved further south anyway? Was there a powerful magic source in Vabbi it was interested in? The obvious one that comes to mind is Zommoros' Lair but it was relatively left untouched by the brand. It may have been explained and I've missed it and if it HAS moved east then I hope they explain its motives.

so from the video you can see he flys south below the vehtendi academy as you can see the in progress joko statue outside so from that angle id reckon he is flying after that in a map below vabbi and is flying south west in the direction roughly between istan and desolation?

I think the only direction that can be excluded from the list is east. In Spearmarshal's Lament, there's a Seeker who says that with the dragon's flight he can see the bright, clear skies to the east just as they were in his dreams.

I doubt he'd go back north and create a V-shape in the Brand. My money is on south by southwest; flying towards Kourna in the south or the volcanic peninsula called Dahjak to the west.

@gereden.6983 said:so from the video you can see he flys south below the vehtendi academy as you can see the in progress joko statue outside so from that angle id reckon he is flying after that in a map below vabbi and is flying south east in the direction roughly between istan and desolation?

What if he gets to the ocean? How does the Brand affect the water, I are the getting excited

????

@Thalador.4218 said:I think the only direction that can be excluded from the list is east.

Except it's clear nightime at the beginning of the cinematic and the final shot shows him going towards the sun, which would indicate east.

So he's continuing his path of southeast just as he did from the northern Crystal Desert.

Which would be putting him east of Kourna, in formerly unexplored lands.

And east of Vabbi would be clear if Kralkatorrik was going southeast.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@Thalador.4218 said:I think the only direction that can be excluded from the list is east.

Except it's clear nightime at the beginning of the cinematic and the final shot shows him going towards the sun, which would indicate east.

So he's continuing his path of southeast just as he did from the northern Crystal Desert.

Which would be putting him east of Kourna, in formerly unexplored lands.

And east of Vabbi would be clear if Kralkatorrik was going southeast.

but he is flying southeast of vehtendi academy, you can clearly see that, i dont think he would then change directions and go east

Archived