So about the World Boss box...

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@"Etria.3642" said:Just preview one.

It's basically a rare unid, one or two low level mats and .000000001 percent chance of something cool. Just count on the rare and the mats and you won't be disappointed.

It’ll lower the overall prices of rare infusions on TP at least

Maybe. The market for the items on that high end of the spectrum is controlled by the ppl with enough gold to trade in them, and a lot of those ppl have literally more gold than they can practically use for any in-game purpose. So buying up the new supply of rare items isn't only doable and profitable, but also kind of the only thing all that gold is good for . . .That's only true because the supply has been historically low enough that a few people can buy and hoard. We've seen it before: as soon as the supply hits a tipping point, that changes and the markets flood with people anxious to unload theirs before the price drops any more.

That saidSuper Rare drops haven't yet generated enough new supply to hit that tipping point. For example, even for monocles (with supply at 40-70 depending and prices well below 200g), the event hasn't seemed to have budged the price, mostly because the supply remains unchanged.

In other wordsIt doesn't seem to have any impact on the market so far

Note that would still have a positive impact on the game though, as that gold would be transferred from ppl who don't have any use for it to a lucky few who presumably do . . .For me, the positive impact is that people are having fun jumping maps together, despite having just about no chance of seeing a "fun" drop.

(I even learned a new trick: that typing
/mentor
toggles the apple on|off, a critical tool for any respectable boss train.)

We were discussing the rewards,You were talking about the economic influence of the event, as in, "The market for the items on that high end of the spectrum is controlled ..." If the event drops enough boxes, then those markets will be changed, perhaps permanently.

not the event . . .That economic influence results from the event's popularity and the drop rates for the high end items in the box, i.e. the rewards don't exist outside the context of the event.

And you were agreeing with me so you could insert an unrelated comment about the non-economic aspects of the event that the box drops from :(

By definition it is not unrelated.

@Ashen.2907 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

It's basically a rare unid, one or two low level mats and .000000001 percent chance of something cool. Just count on the rare and the mats and you won't be disappointed.

Maybe. The market for the items on that high end of the spectrum is controlled by the ppl with enough gold to trade in them, and a lot of those ppl have literally more gold than they can practically use for any in-game purpose. So buying up the new supply of rare items isn't only doable and profitable, but also kind of the only thing all that gold is good for . . .That's only true because the supply has been historically low enough that a few people can buy and hoard. We've seen it before: as soon as the supply hits a tipping point, that changes and the markets flood with people anxious to unload theirs before the price drops any more.

That saidSuper Rare drops haven't yet generated enough new supply to hit that tipping point. For example, even for monocles (with supply at 40-70 depending and prices well below 200g), the event hasn't seemed to have budged the price, mostly because the supply remains unchanged.

Note that would still have a positive impact on the game though, as that gold would be transferred from ppl who don't have any use for it to a lucky few who presumably do . . .For me, the positive impact is that people are having fun jumping maps together, despite having just about no chance of seeing a "fun" drop.

/mentor

We were discussing the rewards,You were talking about the economic influence of the event, as in, "The market for the items on that high end of the spectrum is controlled ..." If the event drops enough boxes, then those markets will be changed, perhaps permanently.

not the event . . .That economic influence results from the event's popularity and the drop rates for the high end items in the box, i.e. the rewards don't exist outside the context of the event.

And you were agreeing with me so you could insert an unrelated comment about the non-economic aspects of the event that the box drops from :(

You are mistaken. Rereading from the beginning with an open mind may help you understand . . .

Sadly, I was excited about this event because it meant that maybe I can do Triple Trouble without having to rely on being on at the same time as a guild that does that does that WB and get some achieves done but this loot table...

https://imgur.com/rWWaSc9https://imgur.com/4GvlJJU

Is worthless. One rare. One? Who the kitten thought of this kind of loot table where you have a ton of common/uncommon, one rare, and some super rares. I'm sorry, I love you GW2, I do but this is just idiotic. An event should be worth doing and we've expressed that countless times. This is an event that isn't worth doing. This is a non event. This event has ceased to be an event and is instead a collection of random junk with some gems parading to be an event. I get better loot from the karmic converter and I only get to use that once a day. I get better loot from Tarir meta event than I do from this one. Please with your next 'event' think about the kitten loot table because honestly, if the next one is has as dismal a display for a loot table as this, I'll just ignore it as it would be time better spent elsewhere.

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

/mentor

You are mistaken. Rereading from the beginning with an open mind may help you understand . . .

Nope.

By definition they are related.

@Ashen.2907 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

/mentor

Nope.

By definition they are related.

Yeah I didn't think that was going to help. I so don't feel like typing rn . . .

But since I value you as an individual human being, I will put some further effort into improving your understanding. Sigh . . .

Look back at the post I quoted which indicated that the prices of the infusions on the tp are going to go down. That is not a harmless statement. If there are players who are holding on to such a hope they will be frustrated at the end of the event if prices do not go down which is a likely outcome. There are already some players who are frustrated with the event so these expectations are worth tempering . . .

Now look at my reply, indicating that prices might go down but there are good reasons to believe they will not be meaningfully affected and in spite of this there will still be benefits to the community from the infusions dropping. That's a nice, positive, constructive statement which provides beneficial and relevant information on the subject at hand. I'm so helpful :)

Now look at the reply to my post. It has two parts. The first part just says 'yep, you're right'. Why even post that? What's the point? The purpose is revealed in the second part. It quotes a reference to the positive impacts that the loot drops will have on the community but it discusses not loot drops, but instead potential non-economic benefits of the event. The entire reply was just a cheap rhetorical device used to introduce that new topic to the thread. It's the forum equivalent of waiting for your turn to speak vs. listening to what others had to say. Not to say the point doesn't have merit. I have made pretty much the same point about this event in threads where it was relevant and beneficial to do so. And it's not like it's a super horrible thing to do or anything. I would have let it pass completely had the poster not chosen to use my post as their springboard, so I called them on it. And then they made a token effort to defend themselves and let it pass . . .

But you still want to talk about it and that's fine too. I was happy to help you in this way ;)

Okay I lied I actually like typing once I get started . . .