Warrior PVE Armor/Weapon help

Hey guys,

I'm kinda new to GW 2, I leveled up a warrior, then bought Path of Fire and I've finished half of the Spellbreaker specialization. Anyhow I'm finding it obviously much harder to kill mobs on the PoF map than on the core game, I'm struggling with the PVE, I used to use axe/shield + greatsword, but I switched to bow + greatsword.(bow has been keeping me safe lol) So I'm looking for help as to what(exotic) armors I need to buy and what weapons/sigils(bow, greatsword, shield axe, and the armors), etc..

As skills I use: to the limit, endure pain, frenzy, for great justice, signet of rage for solo PVE, at times I use shake it off, balanced stance, signet of might cause of the mobs on this map, traits- defense, str and arms.

Thanks in advance.

The Build

GearYou're running soldier and berserker. Soldier gives you extra Vitality(health) and toughness(damage reduction). The berserker gives you damage, without damage you're not going to kill anything no matter how much survival you have. The food is optional but it will help. If you need help getting the gear you can message me on the forum and I'll get you setup in game.

Skills

Healing Sigent: Heals for a boat load over time. Do not activate it unless you have toDolyak Signet: Passive toughness for more survivability. This will also break you out of stuns and heal you. Only activate it if you need to break a stun or need emergency healing.Berserker Stance: Gives you adrenal, vigor, and resistance. Great for sustain. If you are taking a lot of conditions this will keep you alive with resistance. The adrenal gain will help you land more burst skills which is more damage/sustain. The vigor will give you more endurance which means more dodges and dodges = sustain.Endure Pain: Your "Oh kitten" button. Breaks stuns, makes you immune to power damage, and gives you vigor. Remember, this will not save you from conditions or getting stun locked. Only pop this when you're about to die, then disengage the fight and kite until you heal up.Signet of Rage: Gives you adrenaline which means more damage/sustain through your burst skill. If you need an extra boost of damage to finish the fight you can activate it for the might/fury.

How to

• Above all AVOID damage when possible. Move out of damage, dodge, or use your shield block. Not taking damage is priority one when trying to stay alive.
  • Applying might to yourself heals and grants you endurance See trait ["Might Makes Right"](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Might_Makes_Right ""Might Makes Right"")
  • The Greatsword (GS) applies might on critical hit; 50% chance on axe/shield. See trait ["Forceful Greatsword"](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Forceful_Greatsword ""Forceful Greatsword"") GS can be used for damage and sustain.
  • Make use of GS 3 "Whirlwind Attack" to avoid damage, it's also an evade.
  • Healing signet heals you for a lot over time, do NOT use the skill. If you get low on health you need to back off and use your blocks and evades while you heal up.
  • Another major contributer to your healing is the skill ["Adrenal Health"](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Adrenal_Health ""Adrenal Health""). This only procs IF you land your burst attack so landing your burst every chance you get is really important for sustain.
  • Swapping weapons will proc your weapon sigils which will help with sustain. It will also clear a condition. Swap every chance you get because due to ["Fast hands"](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fast_Hands ""Fast hands"") you have reduced weapon swap cooldown.

TL;DR

• Avoid Damage if possible
  • Always land burst skill
  • Don't activate healing signet unless you are going to die
  • Use dodges, shield block, and greatsword skill #3 "Whirlwind Attack" to stay alive.

@"Zexanima.7851" said:The Build

GearYou're running soldier and berserker. Soldier gives you extra Vitality(health) and toughness(damage reduction). The berserker gives you damage, without damage you're not going to kill anything no matter how much survival you have. The food is optional but it will help. If you need help getting the gear you can message me on the forum and I'll get you setup in game.

Skills

Healing Sigent: Heals for a boat load over time. Do not activate it unless you have toDolyak Signet: Passive toughness for more survivability. This will also break you out of stuns and heal you. Only activate it if you need to break a stun or need emergency healing.Berserker Stance: Gives you adrenal, vigor, and resistance. Great for sustain. If you are taking a lot of conditions this will keep you alive with resistance. The adrenal gain will help you land more burst skills which is more damage/sustain. The vigor will give you more endurance which means more dodges and dodges = sustain.Endure Pain: Your "Oh kitten" button. Breaks stuns, makes you immune to power damage, and gives you vigor. Remember, this will not save you from conditions or getting stun locked. Only pop this when you're about to die, then disengage the fight and kite until you heal up.Signet of Rage: Gives you adrenaline which means more damage/sustain through your burst skill. If you need an extra boost of damage to finish the fight you can activate it for the might/fury.

How to

• Above all AVOID damage when possible. Move out of damage, dodge, or use your shield block. Not taking damage is priority one when trying to stay alive.
  • Applying might to yourself heals and grants you endurance See trait ["Might Makes Right"](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Might_Makes_Right ""Might Makes Right"")
  • The Greatsword (GS) applies might on critical hit; 50% chance on axe/shield. See trait ["Forceful Greatsword"](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Forceful_Greatsword ""Forceful Greatsword"") GS can be used for damage and sustain.
  • Healing signet heals you for a lot over time, do NOT use the skill. If you get low on health you need to back off and use your blocks and evades while you heal up.
  • Another major contributer to your healing is the skill ["Adrenal Health"](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Adrenal_Health ""Adrenal Health""). This only procs IF you land your burst attack so landing your burst every chance you get is really important for sustain.
  • Swapping weapons will proc your weapon sigils which will help with sustain. It will also clear a condition. Swap every chance you get because due to ["Fast hands"](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fast_Hands ""Fast hands"") you have reduced weapon swap cooldown.

TL;DR

• Always land burst skill
  • Use dodges, shield block, and greatsword skill #3 "Whirlwind Attack" to stay alive.

Thanks, amm what are the names of the armors I should get? Or the weapons for PVE? Sigils? Also, I am familiar with the traits, I leveled the warrior from 1 to 80 on my own.

STR: Restorative Str->Forceful Greatsword->Might Makes RightDEF: Dogged March->Armored Attack->Last StandArms: Lesser Signet of Might->Sundering Burst->FuriousI'm sorry I guess I didn't put it right, my bad. I just wanna know the names and stats of armors and weapons/sigils I need cause I'm struggling since I'm with my quest reward armors/weapns. I tried looking it up on the net, but the info seems to be from long time ago.

@Kryptonite.2043 said:

@"Zexanima.7851" said:

Gear
You're running soldier and berserker. Soldier gives you extra Vitality(health) and toughness(damage reduction). The berserker gives you damage, without damage you're not going to kill anything no matter how much survival you have. The food is optional but it will help. If you need help getting the gear you can message me on the forum and I'll get you setup in game.

Skills

Healing Sigent:
Heals for a boat load over time. Do
not
activate it unless you have to
Dolyak Signet:
Passive toughness for more survivability. This will also break you out of stuns and heal you. Only activate it if you need to break a stun or need emergency healing.
Berserker Stance:
Gives you adrenal, vigor, and resistance. Great for sustain. If you are taking a lot of conditions this will keep you alive with resistance. The adrenal gain will help you land more burst skills which is more damage/sustain. The vigor will give you more endurance which means more dodges and dodges = sustain.
Endure Pain:
Your "Oh kitten" button. Breaks stuns, makes you immune to power damage, and gives you vigor. Remember, this will not save you from conditions or getting stun locked. Only pop this when you're about to die, then disengage the fight and kite until you heal up.
Signet of Rage:
Gives you adrenaline which means more damage/sustain through your burst skill. If you need an extra boost of damage to finish the fight you can activate it for the might/fury.

How to
  • Above all
    AVOID
    damage when possible. Move out of damage, dodge, or use your shield block. Not taking damage is priority one when trying to stay alive.
  • Applying might to yourself heals and grants you endurance See trait ["Might Makes Right"](
    ""Might Makes Right"")
  • The Greatsword (GS) applies might on critical hit; 50% chance on axe/shield. See trait ["Forceful Greatsword"](
    ""Forceful Greatsword"") GS can be used for damage and sustain.
  • Healing signet heals you for a lot over time, do
    NOT
    use the skill. If you get low on health you need to back off and use your blocks and evades while you heal up.
  • Another major contributer to your healing is the skill ["Adrenal Health"](
    ""Adrenal Health""). This only procs
    IF
    you land your burst attack so landing your burst every chance you get is really important for sustain.
  • Swapping weapons will proc your weapon sigils which will help with sustain. It will also clear a condition. Swap every chance you get because due to ["Fast hands"](
    ""Fast hands"") you have reduced weapon swap cooldown.

TL;DR
  • Always
    land burst skill

Thanks, amm what are the names of the armors I should get? Or the weapons for PVE? Sigils? Also, I am familiar with the traits, I leveled the warrior from 1 to 80 on my own.

STR: Restorative Str->Forceful Greatsword->Might Makes RightDEF: Dogged March->Armored Attack->Last StandArms: Lesser Signet of Might->Sundering Burst->FuriousI'm sorry I guess I didn't put it right, my bad. I just wanna know the names and stats of armors and weapons/sigils I need cause I'm struggling since I'm with my quest reward armors/weapns. I tried looking it up on the net, but the info seems to be from long time ago.

Check the build link I posted at the very top of my post. There is an armor section.

Personally I find the shield quite useless. In PoF mobs hit hard but have low HP, so it's better to just burn them down as fast as possible. For this I prefer axe + axe, that provide high damage and also good mobility, since with axe 5 you deal a lot of damage while you can also move behind the mob, to avoid damage (though less mobile than the greatsword. But I hate when I use GS #2 and mobs move away). Keeping a ranged weapon in set 2 is a good choice, but I prefer the rifle, since the bow is more condi oriented.

So in case you want to try with double axe, you might consider something like this.

• To the limit is good, but Mending can be used every 12 seconds, if used with Peak Performance.
  • The Bolas are better than the Bull's Charge to keep the damage modifier of Peak Performance (and overall they have a higher CC damage), but usually when you have to break a defiance bar, you must do it asap, and the bolas are a bit slower for this. Though it's just a personal preference, you can swap it.
  • You have several damage modifiers with this build, other than Peak P.: burst skills cause vulnerability, +21% dmg, and a reduced recharge. Also you move 25% faster and swiftness grants +7% dmg (considering that signets also have a reduced recharge, you can use the signet of rage more often)
  • If the runes of strength are too expensive, you can replace them with something cheaper (anything that gives power or boon duration)
  • If you don't want to craft marauder gear (considering that it's just exotic), you can use berserker trinkets and soldier gear, easier to acquire.

You can find other examples on metabattle (even if I usually don't like to say "just use what metabattle says", but as reference, to take some new idea, it could be good sometimes).