How do you know the "TRUE" activation time of a skill?

How can you know the "true" activation time of a skill ? Cause I've noticed that a lot of skill or auto attack chain claim to take 1s to complete while in truth they take 2+ seconds... Is there some weird shenanigans in the game ? Do I need to add a number to the base activation time given by the game ? Also the API for some reason doesn't give back information about activation time ? Is that cause it doesn't actually exist or ???

@"tim.4596" said:Also the API for some reason doesn't give back information about activation time ? Is that cause it doesn't actually exist or ???

IIRC that data needs to be extracted out of the animation data

The other issue is that the tooltip display rounds to the nearest quarter of a second.

The biggest factor for what you are seeing is probably aftercast https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aftercast_delay

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@"tim.4596" said:Also the API for some reason doesn't give back information about activation time ? Is that cause it doesn't actually exist or ???

The other issue is that the tooltip display rounds to the nearest quarter of a second.

The biggest factor for what you are seeing is probably aftercast

Alright, thank you. I'll have a look at aftercast. And try and see if arcdps can give me the actual numbers.

@tim.4596 said:

@tim.4596 said:Also the API for some reason doesn't give back information about activation time ? Is that cause it doesn't actually exist or ???

The biggest factor for what you are seeing is probably aftercast

Alright, thank you. I'll have a look at aftercast. And try and see if arcdps can give me the actual numbers.

It can. For example ...Imgur16.15s for 12 casts would be around 1.35s per cast vs the 0.75s listed on the tooltip.

If you are doing it for a bunch of skills it is probably better to get it from the logs instead.

Edit: Timing can also end up different depending on race. I remember there was something about that for one of the elementalist autoattack years ago.