Boss Rush event Discussion

It's fallen a bit short in my opinion. yeah yeah we get extra chances to earn a shiny, but most of the stuff we get aren't shiny, Now I love doing world bosses, but, It'd be nice if we weren't getting mats 1-4 like at all. It'd be nicer if we got something else like shinies from the past? Or Something normally common shiny that new players would find harder to get (no those mats aren't hard to get) Like if I open 50 of those little suckers and all I get are 50 rare and 100 random tier 1-5 mats Imma cry my freaking eyeballs out, cause if I wanted those mats, I'd go do that content for them. Yeah I knowww we can preview the boxs. I just find the event to be a bit of a let down.

In perspective, I think the loot is fine. It's rare enough to be a nice little extra while we wait for more content, but it's also not so vital or lucrative that people feel pressured to participate. It's sort of like those buy one get one half off deals; nice if you want two bottles of hot sauce, but not so nice that you feel obligated to get two.

This mini-event is exactly what it says on the tin, just a small thing to do while we wait for other, bigger stuff to do.

This game's loot system is based on a similar concept as common token systems: Even the participation prices let you save up for something big and shiny. As such, t1-4 materials are absolutely appropriate. They are in demand by many since they are required in serious amounts for endlevel crafting . If you don't craft you can sell them at the trading post for coin to save toward the shiny of your choice.

If you want "more shiny", then you need to make those shinies account bound, or they won't be shiny any more due to everybody and their grandmother having them. More account bound loot in return means less participation prices, more grind for those that want the loot but aren't lucky, and less chances for those that don't like the shinies to exchange them for something they do like. That's another valid loot concept, but not one this game employs.

The bonus box of goods is just that: a bonus. It's not (and never was meant to be) the sole reason to do the events.

@"Lord of the Fire.6870" said:I think having festivals tokens/mats in the common section would have make more sense then this simple stuff.In a way, the mats are just that: tokens you can exchange for other stuff (in this case via trading post/coin).

Specific tokens have the downside that you need a certain amount before you can even get anything with them, thus making it mandatory to participate in more than one or two world boss events. That way it's no longer a bonus for (more or less) regular gameplay, but a full-sized event reward. I don't think these small bonus events (that even specify the word "bonus" in their name) were meant to entice people to focus on them like we do with fullsized events like halloween or wintersday.

I'm not sure if it is just my brain melting, but I was under the assumption that this event would remove the cooldown on all boss loot. Instead, only the bonus chest has no cooldown.

Which means that, after you've done every world boss once, there's a significant decrease in profit. It would probably be best just to do each world boss once, then go and do something else.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:I'm not sure if it is just my brain melting, but I was under the assumption that this event would remove the cooldown on all boss loot. Instead, only the bonus chest has no cooldown.

Which means that, after you've done every world boss once, there's a significant decrease in profit. It would probably be best just to do each world boss once, then go and do something else.

Indeed it is. I have done the once-per-day rotation on three days so far, as I can't be bothered to do them more than that (it would get boring quickly). It is a real shame that the boss chests don't allow loot more than once per day during this event, it could motivate me to actually add a second run to my (almost) daily rotation.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:I'm not sure if it is just my brain melting, but I was under the assumption that this event would remove the cooldown on all boss loot. Instead, only the bonus chest has no cooldown.

Indeed it is. I have done the once-per-day rotation on three days so far, as I can't be bothered to do them more than that (it would get boring quickly). It
is
a real shame that the boss chests don't allow loot more than once per day during this event, it could motivate me to actually add a second run to my (almost) daily rotation.

That whole once per day being removed is a SEPARATE even they plan on having, so in essence there will be TWO World Boss events, this one with the extra chest, and a second one that allows you to loot the big chest multiple times per boss per day.

the loot is not what I saw from the pre world boss spoilers, so marketing is good, as everyone seems to be participating, but from the map chats, since it started, no one seems to have got anything decent, although I dropped a hammer worth 30 gold from normal chest and not the bonus one. My biggest gripe is the skill loss, and more DC's than I have ever experienced since I started playing. I find the mobs unbearable with lots of afk players in active maps, and the mob rule pretty hard to get past with every skill flashing and my charr standing idly with gun strapped to her back. I play a lot, and even WvW since Warclaw is doing the same thing, I don't have the privilege of high end fibre, but then Free to Play wasn't supposed to be supporting all the people that can afford these things, although I bought my game, but it adds to the numbers. Nothing wrong with my setup, core i7, graphics card, and bought both POF and HOT when they came out, crafted 17 legendary' so far, so not you're average casual player, just a frustrated old school one. And no, I don't need another lesson in how the game uses the CPU etc, its just my opinion to add to the post, I'm simply saying its frustrating, nothing more

This was just the first attempt at something like this and they've noted that most people think it felt unrewarding. However, given how many people are actively farming the event I would call it a huge success. They know there is certainly a lot of interest and if all it takes is giving us a few different shinies to make it feel awesome then I'm sure they can do it right.

It's fun seeing all these people at world bosses, some of the most trivial content in the game.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

Indeed it is. I have done the once-per-day rotation on three days so far, as I can't be bothered to do them more than that (it would get boring quickly). It
is
a real shame that the boss chests don't allow loot more than once per day during this event, it could motivate me to actually add a second run to my (almost) daily rotation.

That whole once per day being removed is a SEPARATE even they plan on having, so in essence there will be TWO World Boss events, this one with the extra chest, and a second one that allows you to loot the big chest multiple times per boss per day.

Nope. It was planned but it did not make it.

@Chris Cleary.8017 said:

The No Daily Cap for the Meta-Event Rush will not make the first releaseUnfortunately, we will not be able to make this change for this run of the event. This is planned as a bonus for potential future runs of this event.

@Katastroff.1045 said:

is

@"Chris Cleary.8017" said:

The No Daily Cap for the Meta-Event Rush will not make the first release
Unfortunately, we will not be able to make this change for
this
run of the event. This is planned as a bonus for potential future runs of this event.

That is for the Meta-Event Rush...we are talking about the World Boss Event, those are two different events...they mentioned doing the same type of no cool down event for the World Bosses as for the Meta-Event, which is supposed to take place next week. Read the note from Chris Cleary again, he specifically states: " The No Daily Cap for the Meta-Event Rush will not make the first release . Meta-event does not equal World Boss.

@Henri Blanche.8276 said:A few unique items specific to the event would have been nice. They wouldn't have to be super rare; just something distinctive to denote having participated.

The thing is, per their announcement of the event and other pending ones, their idea is to do something using existing game assets. That makes it faster and easier for them to implement the event at all. So they can't design new unique things, that eats up resources that they don't have available for these little promos.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

is

this
run of the event. This is planned as a bonus for potential future runs of this event.

That is for the Meta-Event Rush...we are talking about the World Boss Event, those are two different events...they mentioned doing the same type of no cool down event for the World Bosses as for the Meta-Event, which is supposed to take place next week. Read the note from Chris Cleary again, he specifically states: "
The No Daily Cap for the
Meta-Event Rush will not make the first release
. Meta-event does not equal World Boss.

My bad, thx for the clarification. Are they actually going to hold an core event the same week they are releasing the new LW story? OO

@Katastroff.1045 said:

is

this

That is for the Meta-Event Rush...we are talking about the World Boss Event, those are two different events...they mentioned doing the same type of no cool down event for the World Bosses as for the Meta-Event, which is supposed to take place next week. Read the note from Chris Cleary again, he specifically states: "
The No Daily Cap for the

My bad, thx for the clarification. Are they actually going to hold an core event the same week they are releasing the new LW story? OO

That was the impression I got, but I don't think it makes sense...so take that part with a grain of salt,

@Zaklex.6308 said:

is

this

The No Daily Cap for the

That was the impression I got, but I don't think it makes sense...so take that part with a grain of salt,

I thought they said it was bettwen releases so if a story releases that week it wont be any other bonus events.

I'm pretty sure the Meta-Event Rush was/is scheduled 'for a few weeks after' this first World Boss Event.From the post:The second event, Meta-Event Rush, will start a few weeks after the World Boss Week.During this week, our intention is to remove the daily cap on all world meta event completion rewards and to reward additional loot for some of our Meta-Events to pair with some improvements to the Path of Fire map meta events. More info will come closer to the event.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/75132/upcoming-bonus-events

@"Rasimir.6239" said:This game's loot system is based on a similar concept as common token systems: Even the participation prices let you save up for something big and shiny. As such, t1-4 materials are absolutely appropriate. They are in demand by many since they are required in serious amounts for endlevel crafting . If you don't craft you can sell them at the trading post for coin to save toward the shiny of your choice.

If you want "more shiny", then you need to make those shinies account bound, or they won't be shiny any more due to everybody and their grandmother having them. More account bound loot in return means less participation prices, more grind for those that want the loot but aren't lucky, and less chances for those that don't like the shinies to exchange them for something they do like. That's another valid loot concept, but not one this game employs.

The bonus box of goods is just that: a bonus. It's not (and never was meant to be) the sole reason to do the events.

I don't care about the infusions or anything. I'm not talking about those shinies, I mean shinies that matter, t1-t4 is used for crafting yes and generation 2 legendaries but for crafting you'd want more then one here and there from bosses, and legendaries I mean are nice but like Eh. I'm talking like old shinies, Shinies you can't get anymore through regular gameplay being added to the rare portion like the toxic or to the uncommon depending on what they were in old gameplay. Something other then mats and more mats in common and uncommon. Something people can be like "HOLY SNICKER DOODLES BATMAN LOOK AT THIS SKIN/WEAPON/item of choice here I NEVER KNEW EXISTED!" That might bring attention to other game play or bring some more excitement to this event instead of just going "I hope I get that .0000000001% chance of a super rare" Like I want a shiny I can sport around going "I don't care if everyone has this, I have it now and look at my snickerdoodling shiny it's a shiny and I love my shiny cause it's my shiny and it's my precious shiny" Think skritt mentality. I don't care if the shiny is common, thats not what makes it shiny. Theres a difference between shiny and valuable. Infusions are both shiny and valuable. Invisable boots are just valuable along with the monocle and the spore skin. I mean LITERALLY shiny, the shiniest of shines the things that make skritt go "MINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

On the loot quality, I echo the comments about the common loot being very unattractive. I am not certain if the common loot should have been only T5+T6, but that would be something I would find more attractive. The other side of this is it would drop their prices (T5 + T6) on the TP, which may or may not be a good thing (opinions will vary).

One thing I wish to highlight is the laughable decision to add a low value (2 gold) back item skin as the one and only rare drop from the chests. I will refrain from further ridicule of this decision and say that this item is common enough on the TP to have been 2 gold for years. If I wanted it, I would simply buy it. Winning it from the chest would feel like a slap in the face, quite frankly. I think better choices could have been made for this category.

I know we all want to be getting 1-6 super-rares each, but this is not a realistic hope. Maybe they should not be 10k+ gold, but that is another debate. I guess my feeling on super-rares is that I do not like the design of random loot in this game. Super rares feel amazing when you get them (if you get them) but the drop rate is absurd and the value to the proverbial "0.1%" is also absurd.

2 cents respectfully submitted.

EDIT TO ADD: I opened 100 chests this evening, that I collected throughout the week, and I feel only rage and anger at the loot table ... I got 5 uncommons (4x T6 and 1x T5) and exactly 100 rare unID pieces, not one of which was exotic. I feel cheated. I invested something like 30-40 hours of game time for utter trash rewards. This is even trashier than Black Lion chests (which are better than they used to be, but still not worth the cost of keys).

30-40 hours of WvW or PvE open world + meta content would have given me 100x the T5 loot and 10x the T6 loot and 1-6 exotic items. So overall this event feels like a huge waste of time.

boring and underwhelming.We did it for the infusion and got robbed of more loot you could have done elsewhere.

if you done one full circle it took about 2:30 or longer because not every boss is in every circle.75% of the time you did nothing and stood around.
The loot after that was really really underwhelming.

i hope the next events are much better.