Came back. Can't play with friends.

gennyt.3428

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:Have an alt in T1, the roamers there are no better than the roamers I fight in T4. Adjusting for population, you'll find more quality roamer in T1 simply because there are 10 times as many people (or whatever the actual population difference is). Claiming quantity = quality is disingenuous.

I still say open the servers and let the game break so it can be built from the bottom up again.

I mean it's the same principle as better sports teams from bigger Universities vs small ones. Sure, there's more quality from the bigger one because there's more of a population to pull from, but that does not mean I am claiming quantity is quality lol.

Don't even get me started on levels of activity throughout the day, T4 is RIP. I only PvP on my main now with how dead it is. No one has addressed my point of how I can log into a T1 server any time of the day and still find fights whether it be solo, party, or squad.

I agree that all servers should be open so everyone can stack wherever and blow up queues. Then people start destacking naturally.

you'd think that, but it doesn't work that way. people will always just keep joining the most popular servers, regardless of queue times.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:Have an alt in T1, the roamers there are no better than the roamers I fight in T4. Adjusting for population, you'll find more quality roamer in T1 simply because there are 10 times as many people (or whatever the actual population difference is). Claiming quantity = quality is disingenuous.

I still say open the servers and let the game break so it can be built from the bottom up again.

Lol the roamers in T1 will attack you first, then when they start losing, send salty whispers they were just trying to get to the Zerg.

Fine, but don't attack me first then.

T1 is so Zerg minded, I find the quality quite poor because they're so used to support from others.

@Xbon.9086 said:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

I mean it's the same principle as better sports teams from bigger Universities vs small ones. Sure, there's more quality from the bigger one because there's more of a population to pull from, but that does not mean I am claiming quantity is quality lol.

Don't even get me started on levels of activity throughout the day, T4 is RIP. I only PvP on my main now with how dead it is. No one has addressed my point of how I can log into a T1 server any time of the day and still find fights whether it be solo, party, or squad.

I agree that all servers should be open so everyone can stack wherever and blow up queues. Then people start destacking naturally.

you'd think that, but it doesn't work that way. people will always just keep joining the most popular servers, regardless of queue times.

Then there's too many people allowed per map. Solves the lag problem too!

Only slightly /s

• 1 month later...

Ya I am in the same boat. The server I am on is dying quickly. Nobody communicates with one another. Most of the guild that are left are either taking a break due to T4 or just plain quit the game. Would be nice if Anet would open a few of the full servers. Be nice to be part of a server that likes fights and not so much PPT. Being on GoM has almost made me want to quit the game. I could care less if it is T4 or T1. If there are no fights then it is no fun.

@Djamonja.6453 said:JQ will probably be open soon.

What will be the repercussions of giving a server what they want because they are having a tantrum? Whose next or rather what will be next.

No one has left that server, they are tanking to t4 with still more off hour coverage than T4 has probably has in total, does that not mean they will still be classed as full for the tier they end up in due to people not playing aka sulking?

@Missy.7356 said:

@Djamonja.6453 said:JQ will probably be open soon.

What will be the repercussions of giving a server what they want because they are having a tantrum? Whose next or rather what will be next.

No one has left that server, they are tanking to t4 with still more off hour coverage than T4 has probably has in total, does that not mean they will still be classed as full for the tier they end up in due to people not playing aka sulking?

The thing is it’s difficult to tell an entire server to collectively quit playing... You have to be on a server that works well together, is extremely connected and generally cares for their server.

Whoever still cares for their server, I love them all - transfer to JQ when it opens.

But tbh. IMO this will do a lot of harm to JQ if it doesn’t end up opening.

@Missy.7356 said:And the damage to other servers if it does?

Be glad your server won’t have to deal with t1/t2 tank wars. But honestly, it’s not like JQ is hacking or griefing. They are punishing themselves for their server. They are not doing something that other servers cannot do. They are doing something other servers will not do, not because of personal integrity or something noble, but because other servers do not have such a dedicated and like minded community that is willing to sacrafice their enjoyment to increase their standing in WvW. Guilds on those server will just transfer off to find a better pasture for their guild, their ego and their enjoyment.

So please show some love to a community willing to sacrafice for their server.

Except you still have the population to play in the tier you are in. Wether or not you choose to play is upto you. Your server has made a choice not to play in T1 so technically it does not need T1 coverage, hence Full.

We can spin this all day. But it comes down to, will anet cave in to your demands, and if so what happens next?

@Sovereign.1093 said:wvw could be like spvp. que up with set group. hope all 50 press ready. then go. =)

just 3 mega servers. faction a vs b vs c. then at the end of the month, reward the faction wjo got it right

uh...no. There would be more QQ of people can't get in with friends, stacking builds blah blah blah.....

I do wonder how the population is affected by the constant cycle of tank to get out of T1 (really away from 1 server) and then the effort not to win T2 the next week (because 1U1D). Maybe its time to drop 1 up 1 down so matchups are not manipulated by simply not playing 1 week and playing less when in danger of moving into t1.....

Archived