what are the counters/weaknesses the common SBreaker builds

Eggyokeo.9705

I've managed to get an idea on what to do against the other new elite specs. but i'm have a lot of trouble working out how to fight S-sh/GS S breaker. they seam to take very little damage but i cant go anywhere near them on a point. so i have to give up my point and dive in and out trying to kept in neutral in the hopes a +1 will come along. any suggestion on what a ranger can do to fight a S-breaker?

Only two general tips, that may or may not be helpful

• Ranged pressure when the warrior doesn't have a weapon capable of reflecting out (Mace in main hand/Shield/Off-hand dagger/Off-hand sword), or bait out their block and immediately sheathe.
  • Don't attack when a Spellbreaker is using Full Counter, or deliberately set it off and dodge immediately as it has a delay before it goes off. The less Full Counter bursts they land, the less HP they can get back with Adrenal Health.

Play a scourge, spellbreaker can't melee you in fear of condi burst and the elite and you easily outstrip his resistance.

Otherwise just kite with staff/lb on ranger, if they happen to be playing the strength variant it's even funnier because the chase ability is so bad. Having the point neutralized is far better a result than dying on point.

There are multiple things you can do, depending on your class. Fighting one is just a matter of outplaying them.Just off the top of my head:

• SB players will be watching when you go for big attacks and combos and try to counter in the middle of the of it, which is why most of people on these forums say watch your spam. Just try not to be greedy, as most warriors have the know-how of timing after years of dealing with other classes.
  • Warriors in general are susceptible to burst damage and kiting, DeadEye's for example, are great at countering SB, especially when they +1.
  • Keep track of FC's cooldown, use the moment it's down to deal damage, or put ground between you (Depending on the situation/class/etc.)
  • Keep track of what weapons the SB has out, and predict their gameplay (If you have distance between you and the SB, they'll most likely grab Greatsword and charge at you, if he's at range and coming at you with a shield, he's going try reflecting, not many are really going to reflect with Dagger 5, but hey, there it is.)
  • Bait out FC, don't be predictable, be cheeky (Throw down a pulsing AoE, and be ready to dodge/port/evade skill, since they wont try to eat damage from it.)
  • Do what most people have said before, if you see it coming your way, you can pop it and dodge, or use a skill with evade on it, or just not attack it.

SB changes the dynamic in fights, instead of mindlessly attacking and going for big combos, you have to pay attention, which is what warriors had to do for awhile (Miss a burst skill? Miss all your bonuses). I'm already seeing players adapt, and heck, if that doesn't do it for you, just wait for the nerf, we all know it's coming.

@Eggyokeo.9705 said:thanks for the tip, the second point is a bit harder for a ranger due to the pet, they can be challenging to pull back instantly whilst trying to break attack

I'm not up on what works in pvp, but if you're running Soulbeast: trait Unstoppable Union, go Beast Mode, and unleash hell. If you can't do that, or your pet is out, let your pet proc in melee while you stay range. As mentioned, use a dodge immediately if you or your pet hit the SB's Full Counter bubble.

Thanks for the tips Sent.8501, thats the kinda stuff that I'm looking for. One problem is that i dont know what im looking for how do i tell if FC is up. if its a little thing under there helth bar i cant see it as War always have a few going in or is it telegraphed? Though you are right i might just wait for the nerf that is coming, i dont mind the damage out put you guys have or the survivability its having them both together that i'm struggling with.

choppy the problem with going beast mode is the its actually a sever damage loss to camp, we need to be constantly going in and out of it and pet swapping in between.

Also I highly recommend practicing your f3 spam! The pet can and will trigger Full Counter if you do not call it off when you pull off. Also in Team play always be ready to dodge as the amount of aoes, and other players who will trigger full counter is vast. Not to mention while full counter is strong knowing all the warriors burst abilities will be helpful, most have pretty sad range so when kiting always be just 450+ range away this will keep you out of range of https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shield_Bash and that will make all the difference as without that stun/gap closer warrior struggles to land their burst abilities.

Also when I say "burst" I mean a specific skill type not necessarily a hard hitting attack, If a warrior lands their f1-2 abilities (burst skills) they will get more sustain via adrenal health, but the abilities have to land.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bursthttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Adrenal_Health_(PvP)

@Eggyokeo.9705 said:Thanks for the tips Sent.8501, thats the kinda stuff that I'm looking for. One problem is that i dont know what im looking for how do i tell if FC is up. if its a little thing under there helth bar i cant see it as War always have a few going in or is it telegraphed? Though you are right i might just wait for the nerf that is coming, i dont mind the damage out put you guys have or the survivability its having them both together that i'm struggling with.

choppy the problem with going beast mode is the its actually a sever damage loss to camp, we need to be constantly going in and out of it and pet swapping in between.

this should help, Full Counter (f2)is at about 30 seconds in

That's why I wrote the second part. Let your pet trigger it, but try to keep range (if you can) or dodge if you or your pet hit the warrior while he's using FC.

I wouldn't imagine fighting a spellbreaker on point would be the way to go though unless you're more skilled than your opponent.

Trying to fight warrior on melee grounds and hoping to wreck the warrior with a ranger is stupid because warriors are the masters of melee. It would be like warrior trying to fight a ranger with rifle and bow, the warrior has no chance at winning on range fights. Learn the limitations and advantages of your class.

The melee warrior has a weakness, and that weakness is that you can range and kite them.

I would start with your pet in passive mode, bait out the counter, then immediately start your pressure. Force out Endure Pain, then put him back in passive until counter comes out again. If you do trigger it, be ready to evade it. If they have a dagger and get in your face create distance and don't spam attacks because they will interrupt it and deal good damage and stun you.

Archived