[SUGGESTION] Hard Mode Dungeons

@Ohoni.6057 said:

@bOTEB.1573 said:

@Phy.2913 said:

@CaptaiSpiff.2741 said:

@Phy.2913 said:I'd prefer solo dungeons.

I saw duo dungeons in Rift, very lack luster. I think if you are looking for solo play then an MMO may not be for you. That being said, duo or trio dungeons could be fun if done correct, but hard modes NEED to be added at this point. Elona was a good start to reviving the game but it won't last if Anet doesn't keep moving forward with content, story alone won't do it.

Anet is done with dungeons, they aren't going to support that content anymore, but there's still rewards from them that players want. I'd like to be able to work on earning those rewards without having to drag other people through "dead" content. WvW tracks are too slow to be practical.

A lot of the tier 1 legendaries require specific dungeon currency.

That's what the PvP tracks are for.

They are slow, and even slower if you don't like pvp.

@Phy.2913 said:

@Ohoni.6057 said:

@bOTEB.1573 said:

@Phy.2913 said:

@CaptaiSpiff.2741 said:

@Phy.2913 said:I'd prefer solo dungeons.

I saw duo dungeons in Rift, very lack luster. I think if you are looking for solo play then an MMO may not be for you. That being said, duo or trio dungeons could be fun if done correct, but hard modes NEED to be added at this point. Elona was a good start to reviving the game but it won't last if Anet doesn't keep moving forward with content, story alone won't do it.

Anet is done with dungeons, they aren't going to support that content anymore, but there's still rewards from them that players want. I'd like to be able to work on earning those rewards without having to drag other people through "dead" content. WvW tracks are too slow to be practical.

A lot of the tier 1 legendaries require specific dungeon currency.

That's what the PvP tracks are for.

They are slow, and even slower if you don't like pvp.

I'm not a big PvP fan myself, and am still hopeful for PvE reward tracks, but in the meantime, they are much faster to progress than most dungeon crawls.

@Ohoni.6057 said:

@CaptaiSpiff.2741 said:

@Ohoni.6057 said:

@CaptaiSpiff.2741 said:Anyone remember the dungeons being difficult at launch? Why not bring that back? Hard mode dungeons! Story, Exp, and hard mode exp. Give the community a reason to do dungeons, up the toke rewards or make them worthwhile in another way, but get back to dungeons that were challenging. The community will end up crying, let them cry, they don't have to play them.

More importantly though, easy mode raids, so that people who like the difficulty of dungeons can also enjoy the raiding content.

God I hope that's sarcasm...that's the reason the game doesn't contain anything difficult now....

You might be playing the wrong game. This is the game people came to because they didn't enjoy the "difficult content" that other games had, and wanted something more fun and casual. The HoT swing toward "difficult content" has really harmed GW2's long term health.

I don't know what game you've been playing for the past few years but Guild Wars has always been about a unique, difficult experience. The original Guild Wars was not causal in the slightest, Guild Wars 2 was supposed to be an evolution of that experience. It wasn't and was never supposed to be about the Casual gamer, it was supposed to be for the Hard Core Gamer while being easily accessible for the below average player. The reason why people have been LEAVING the game over time isn't due to the increase in difficulty, it's that once you hit 80 all you have left is a grind for Achievements, pretty items and character customization. There's very little replayability within the game after that level cap.

If you want easy mode content, you have the open world for that, there you can have your events, your puzzles, your grind. Dungeons, in all games, have always been about difficulty, they've always been about getting a team together, running a plan and overcoming the obstacle. If you want ease mode dungeons so you can get your "content experience," more power to you, but don't sit here and tell people who have been with this series for over a decade that it's always been about playing a Mario platformer and not about an actual challenge.

Actually this isn't the case, dungeons were abandoned by ppl because it's no longer worth the time compare to the reward. There is no need for hard mode, but make the current one less annoying. Let players be able to focus on bosses rather than spending most of the effort avoiding tons of trash mobs, especially Arah.

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:Actually this isn't the case, dungeons were abandoned by ppl because it's no longer worth the time compare to the reward. There is no need for hard mode, but make the current one less annoying. Let players be able to focus on bosses rather than spending most of the effort avoiding tons of trash mobs, especially Arah.

You might as well delete the dungeons and have "Fight this boss" instances.

Archived