Noticed something funny about Bubbles

EraZorus.5892

Well, we all know know that the real name of Bubbles begins with a S and that his sphere of influence is probably the ocean. And this is funny because in the famous Chinese novel "Journey to the West", written in the XVIth Century, which inspired nearly all the shonen nekketsu mangas (hi Dragon Ball), there is actually an impetuous and destrutive deep sea dragon called Sanjun, if you see what I mean...

@"EraZorus.5892" said:Well, we all know know that the real name of Bubbles begins with a S and that his sphere of influence is probably the ocean. And this is funny because in the famous Chinese novel "Journey to the West", written in the XVIth Century, which inspired nearly all the shonen nekketsu mangas (hi Dragon Ball), there is actually an impetuous and destrutive deep sea dragon called Sanjun, if you see what I mean...

Who??? Don't recongnise that name...

Watched it numerous times since I was a baby, but I don't recall there was ever an evil destructive deep sea dragon in Journey to the West, all dragons in J2W are celestial beings

There's the son of a sea dragon king who was punished for causing havoc in his father's kingdom and gets to be the horse that Tripitaka rides. But he's pretty forgettable, since he spends most of his time as a horse. (That's in my translation, of course, I have no idea about other translations/adaptations/the original text).