The Skyscale.. it better be worth it

I have plenty of charged quartz but frankly I stopped doing this collection. It's just too god damn boring.If you couldn't make it fun, should just have kept the 250 G price tag the griffon has, so I can do some actual fun things, get the money and just buy it.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Tashigi.3159 said:I have plenty of charged quartz but frankly I stopped doing this collection. It's just too god kitten boring.If you couldn't make it fun, should just have kept the 250 G price tag the griffon has, so I can do some actual fun things, get the money and just buy it.It is fun for a lot of people. That's just people, everybody's idea of fun is different.

@Tashigi.3159 said:I have plenty of charged quartz but frankly I stopped doing this collection. It's just too god kitten boring.If you couldn't make it fun, should just have kept the 250 G price tag the griffon has, so I can do some actual fun things, get the money and just buy it.

See, that I would've disliked more. I still haven't got the griffom because of the gold cost.

The only boring part about the collection was the 250x6 mats, as I alike many others was empty on mats. The other parts of the collection was fine, just use the guide to not flail around in confusion.But I also completed Vision, and the Skyscale got absolutely -nothing- on Vision. For example the x3000 kralkatite ore needed.

Yeah, this is a lesson for ls5. Under -no- circumstances spend your accumulating mats more than nessecary. You will come to regret it and badly so.

I don't think people need further convincing at this point; but I'll just throw in my 2 cents and say, unequivocally, that it was worth it. Yes, of course part of the collection sucked--as others said, mostly the 6x250 LS4 map currency requirement if you were starting from scratch. But it almost replaced griffon for me as my default mount. It is by far the best mapping mount because it can go just about anywhere. In fact, I'd say it breaks map design when you can simply circumvent the intended paths to certain POIs.... (not that I'm complaining!)

@sorudo.9054 said:with dulfy pretty much offline (last update was on april), doing the collection is a big pain in the behind so it's more a bother then anything else.

I used the Wiki, and that was only 1 week after the mount was available. It did the job. Dulfy's site was great for the videos she posted, as sometimes screenshots just aren't enough.

@Zephyr.5382 said:It is by far the best mapping mount because it can go just about anywhere. In fact, I'd say it breaks map design when you can simply circumvent the intended paths to certain POIs.... (not that I'm complaining!)

Needed to farm some oysters and elder wood, so grabbed an alt and scrolled her to Siren's Reef. Oh Em Ge...with the Skyscale, navigating that map is a full on joke. Having the griffon before helped, sure, but you had to get creative at times to gain height in certain places. Not with the Skyscale :+1: Grabbed the POI in Lyssa's reliquary without using a single portal

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Needed to farm some oysters and elder wood, so grabbed an alt and scrolled her to Siren's Reef. Oh Em Ge...with the Skyscale, navigating that map is a full on joke. Having the griffon before helped, sure, but you had to get creative at times to gain height in certain places. Not with the Skyscale :+1: Grabbed the POI in Lyssa's reliquary without using a single portal

Haha...nice! I might actually be bothered to finish maps I've never completed, now (Bitterfrost Frontier, I'm looking at you).

The Skyscale is nice, but i don't think it was "worth it" so much as "necessary". If you want maximum masteries or to get Vision, anyway.

I wish they had designed it a bit differently. Grinding for the mount by running around old maps and content took a lot of the excitement out of acquiring it for me. Here there's this new mount, and this new map, and I'm running around doing boring old content. And pressing F a lot.

I wish they had flat-out given us the Skyscale at a very base level, like they did with the first four mounts. (For a very nominal fee, sure.) That model was better than the Beetle/Skyscale one, because you actually got to use the new mount on the new map specifically designed for it before you got bored of the map. And you can play whatever grind they want to throw at you by using it. Instead I had to level 3 masteries after that, and there wasn't really any new content to level with at that point. It could have been fun, but just felt like more useless grind this way. I didn't even do the masteries in Dragonfall, i hopped on my bunny and did Choya Stampede.

Yes, they had the temporary skyscales everywhere but you spent more time looking for one than you did on it, because it vanished the moment you fought or farmed a node. So you wasted a lot of time, or you passed up a lot of nodes which you needed...to get the Skyscale. It just seemed at cross-purposes the whole way.

If they had done it differently, i might've fallen in love with the map and the Skyscale. Yeah, the mount is "worth it" in the sense It's definitely much easier to move around with the Skyscale fully upgraded.

As for rewards, maybe make a 4-dye channel version for completing the quests, because people are always asking for in-game mount skin acquisition and it wouldn't really affect sales. It'd just look slightly nicer than the 1-dye version.

TL;DR: The base mount itself never should have been the big shiny. (And it still isn't; that's Vision...but...yeah.)

@"Deimos.4263" said:or to get Vision, anyway.

Yeah that kind of bugs me as well. I remember when the mount launched, so many defended the collection as "remember that Aurora was the epilogue of S3 and you needed 250 currency from every S3 map, etc etc", and then we found out not only was there going to be another legendary trinket, but that you first had to get the Skyscale in order to craft it.

So people who didn't want the Skyscale but wanted the legendary trinket now had even more of a slog to go through, and those who just wanted a mount, had to deal with a legendary scale collection because it led to a legendary? Just so many ways this collection was wrong imo.

@"LucianDK.8615" said:the 22 days is ONLY if you dont have any charged quartz already. And both the grow lamp and skyscale food made with it can be sold on tp, if you arent able to craft it yourself. The tp barons is already price gouging.

Thankfully I had more than enough charged quartz already.

Wasn't the charged quartz mostly for the pungent foods anyway? You don't "need" any of that to complete the collection.