Changing the functionality of the Recharge teleport to friend item after purchase?

So this morning, some hours after I purchased the new recharge teleport item, there was a stealth change that altered the functionality of it completely. This was done without any annoucement that Ive seen and changes the item from being worthwhile to pointless for me. The question is, are you going to offer refunds or correct the item to be working as it was originally (ie 1 hour cd as opposed to the 1 hr of play on that character that it is after the stealth update). Note that this change has nothing to do with the exploits that were identified yesterday that Ive read about as it wouldnt effect new chars being created so that cannot be the reasoning.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Regarding the change, it's unclear to me as you've described it. Are you saying that there is now an hour of clock time cooldown? Or now it's an hour of character time? Or...? Perhaps that was the intended functionality all along, and it's just coincidental that it happened as they were addressing the (unrelated) exploit.

Before it was an hour of clock time ie I went on a char at 4am, used the item and anytime after 5am, I could use again. This is what happened with 6 of my characters (hence how I know it was working). A little later (say 7am) I went to use my 7th char (that I had previously used about 4.15am) and it was suddenly showing a cooldown of approx 58 minutes) I tried on the 8th to 10th chars and got the same result. Now 5 hours later, if I sign onto them, then it is still showing in the region of 57 minutes cooldown. On the item description before purchasing, it clearly said a 1hr c/d. no mention that it was related to char playing time and its pretty clear to say, when someone says you can use something in 1 hour, it means clock time, not 1 hour as long as you doing x.y.z.

Ah, that is a big change. Thanks for the clarification.That does make it a lot more inconvenient.

Regardless of my views or ANet's, submit your ticket to support for a refund request. Even if you decide you can live with the new functionality, it is better for it to be your choice rather than feel you got stuck with a lemon. As I said above, ANet's normally generous in its return policy, as long as it's not an unlock (account or wardrobe, although even then, they sometimes figure out an accommodation).